Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Sunday, 10 April 2005
Web Shell is missing
Topic: HTML Questions
Help!

I went to log on so I could make a few changes on my website and found that that my files are gone. It looks like the first day I started my web page.

When I type in my address on my browser, my original page is still visable.

I sent a message to Angelfire Help and have not gotten a response back from them. I assume they are closed for the weekend.

Any suggestions? Does anyone have a telephone number at angelfire that I can call?

Posted by ny3/lynbrooknorth at 7:42 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (10) | Permalink | Share This Post

Sunday, 10 April 2005 - 8:07 PM EDT

Name:

AH ha! I see the question was answered in an earlier post.

Sorry to have bothered you.

Thanks

Dennis

Monday, 11 April 2005 - 10:42 AM EDT

Name: wa/angelhearteskies
Home Page: http://www.angelheart-eskies.com

Yes, wouldn't it be nice though if they had of forewarned us..? Like maybe being proactive and say, "Make other plans other than working on your web pages this weekend guys" I take care of 5 web pages and the only time I get to update them is on the weekends. Frustrating enough but then you have no phone numbers to call AF or 24/7 tech support and you have to dig down so far to even find an email support staff. What's up with that? You think they could provide a contact when one is having an issue. NameSecure hosting service looks better and better. At least they have 24/7 phone support.

Monday, 11 April 2005 - 11:05 AM EDT

Name: jrp34

The nature of unexpected problems is that it is often difficult to schedule them in advance.

JP

Monday, 11 April 2005 - 12:19 PM EDT

Name: cw

What's so hard about hitting the help link located on every page of your account including your webshell and at the top right of this blog????? Feedback/help forms are just a click or two away.

Monday, 11 April 2005 - 3:36 PM EDT

Name: Peter
Home Page: http://pq/WWWF

They told me it will be repair monday afternoon, it is still not done yet, but like everybody said, it will be nice to advise people if they are doing any managements or changement into servers. Just to let us know, and they just respond of my fridays email, just today. No technical number anything to contact them except that stupid email.

Monday, 11 April 2005 - 4:19 PM EDT

It would be considerate for AF to let their customers know that are doing a major upgrade and to be aware that there may be some problems. Proactive communication is better than post frustration.

Monday, 11 April 2005 - 4:22 PM EDT

I tried that and even tried to post an email to customer support. Their CGI form wouldn't post. The site was so bogged down from customers trying to find out what had happened to their web shell that my browser would freeze. Something like a post to the club blog would have put most folks heart to rest and let us know that it was being worked on.

Monday, 11 April 2005 - 4:23 PM EDT

Yup, I agree. I've considered, and still am considering, changing my pages over to NameSecure. Even for the smallest of the accounts they have to offer they have 24/7 phone support and live chat customer support. For 8.95 a month you get 500 MB of server space. A heck of a lot more than 50 MB that AF offers. I already have my domain name with them, would be nice to have everything in one spot.

Monday, 11 April 2005 - 6:03 PM EDT

Name: cw

But something *was* posted to this blog as early as Friday when the problem first surfaced here. Updates here are usually timely and frequent thanks to the dedication of a particular Lycos employee. AF alerts also had something listed about the case sensitivity problem when I checked yesterday or early today. I suppose a phone number would have been more convenient but in the time it took to call and connect, you could have found the same info here. Whatever, hope your problem is solved soon.

Tuesday, 14 November 2023 - 12:24 AM EST

Name: "Johnson"
Home Page: http://lowescomsurvey.org

Hey there, folks! I'm writing to inform you about an excellent opportunity from Lowes. They're offering a survey where you can share your feedback and get a chance to win some fantastic rewards. If you're a loyal customer and reside in the United States, this offer is just for you! All you need to do is complete the survey at https://lowescomsurvey.org/survey-page/, and you could potentially score a $500 money coupon. Take advantage of this golden opportunity - go check it out now!

View Latest Entries