Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Sunday, 26 September 2004
Getting Website Traffic Log information
I've been trying to figure out where I need to go to download my website traffic information and stats... I can't seem to find any topics or links on the AngelFire website to help me on that!

Janice

Posted by Janice at 8:19 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Help with Ads
Mood:  quizzical
Topic: Image Questions
I would like to switch my ads from embedded to popups so I checked the ad faq and it said that you can change it under preferences in the webshell....can anyone tell me where to find the preferences button in the webshell? I have looked all over but can't figure out how to get to it or where it is? Help!!!!!

TIA,

PopcornLady

Posted by va3/popcornvideo at 1:07 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Roll over Images
Mood:  irritated
I am using roll over images on my page, I had no problem getting 2 roll over images, I followed script library instructions exactly.

My problem arose when I tried putting a third roll over image on the page, now none of the pictures do anything. At the head javascript area I did the editing to change the image numbers to 3 and the body image number to 3 for the new rollover, but it doesn't work. I have went through the codes several times and I have spelt nothing wrong...please help me...

Posted by droid/uno at 6:18 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
hiding meta tags
Now Playing: how can i hide my meta tags???
Topic: HTML Questions
ive been trying forever and i cannot figure out what the code is to hide your meta tags. i dont want people hitting the view source button on my page and then steal my meta tags. does anyone know what this code is and where you place it at?

Posted by ga4/tcm4 at 12:51 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 25 September 2004
a question
Mood:  quizzical
Now Playing: space on free angefire sites

will there be a chance in the future angelfire will add more space on free sites or not?

Posted by tn2/welcome at 10:26 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 24 September 2004
Microsoft word 2003 & Angelfire
When i create a word document, how do i add html codes to it?so i can have a word/html document to upload on angelfire?

Posted by theforce/n_s at 8:13 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Angelfire Updates
The Angelfire team put out a handful of updates this week to various components of the system.

1. Lycos Domains email account quotas (POP & IMAP) have been increased from 4MB per account to 15MB. (This only affects paid members that use Angelfire's email features with their bundled domain name.)

2. The "Similar Sites Sidebar" has been disabled for all free users. (It could be reinstated in the future, depending on user response and other factors.)

3. The "Ad Skin" feature for the bottom ad on member pages has been removed. Users with skins now see just just the ad in that place. (As it was possible for users to insert their own links and an image into their ad skins, it may be necessary for page maintainers to re-add those links or images on their page directly, instead of them being associated with the ad.)

If anyone sees any problems as a result of these changes, please respond in this thread. I think these are "good news" changes and I hope that there is some positive feedback. (The second two changes should make free pages less cluttered. And active users of our email features should benefit from increased per mailbox disk space.)

JP

Posted by blog/jrp34 at 10:39 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 23 September 2004
Creating links within a page
How do I create a link on a website, beside a picture that will zoom in and enlarge the picture in a new window?

Posted by mo3/diamondbriteautos at 5:40 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 22 September 2004
Googled
Now Playing: http://www.mikeswhalefacts.cjb.net
If anyonw needs to know how to get your site on google, contact me via comments

Posted by wa3/whalefacts at 9:53 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 21 September 2004

Mood:  spacey
Now Playing: http://www.mikeswhalefacts.cjb.net
Who knows how to put pictures on the main image part of the website?

Posted by wa3/whalefacts at 10:09 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Uploading video problem
I'm trying to upload a couple of videos to my site and everytime I try it comes up with a page that says it can't connect to the server and then it goes back to the webshell and says there was an error in uploading your file and we have made a note in our log, blah blah blah...The strange part is I can upload anything else (html, jpg, even wav files), but not the video. I have plenty of space and the video is 7.58mb. What am I doing wrong?

Posted by Holly Lynn at 1:08 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 20 September 2004
HELP!
I was wondering what the html code was for when making a right sidebar. I know what the code is for a left sidebar.

I was also wondering what the code was to make a link open up in a new window.

Please help me if you can!

Posted by ex2/blahblah at 1:36 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Monday, 20 September 2004 1:40 PM EDT
Uploadind .zip files
Mood:  on fire
After I upload the file.zip, How do i add it onto my website, How do I "Link It". I Didnt Understand The Last Directions

Posted by theforce/n_s at 7:03 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
anyone use site spinner v2 to make their websites
Now Playing: need help
I have spinner v2 and don't know how to download or upload my site to angelfire. Can someone tell me how?

Posted by magic2/fionnasirishcottage at 6:00 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 19 September 2004
Do me a favor?
Now Playing: www.angelfire.com/poetry/arosebyanyother
I feel stupid to ask this, but since I'm keeping my site a secret from those who know me personally, I need a favor:

Would anyone mind viewing my site to let me know how it looks with your computer's specifications?

As of now, I've only viewed it with:

Windows XP
Internet Explorer 6.0/Netscape Navigator 7.2
1024 x 768

I know that it displays disgracefully using Navigator. I'm still working on my coding to resolve that (it either looks great in Explorer or Navigator... having trouble pleasing both).

So, if anyone wouldn't mind taking a look, letting me know if there are any problems with it, and what platform, browser, and resolution you viewed it with -- I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Rose

Posted by poetry/arosebyanyother at 9:05 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (8) | Permalink | Share This Post
Files
Mood:  sharp
How do I add Files Such as, .zip files? I uploaded them but I cant put them on my website. Can someone help me??

Posted by theforce/n_s at 8:21 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
How to D/L my album?
Now Playing: https://www.angelfire.com/hi5/freeloader/
I am almost ready to do a complete revamp of my angelfire album. Before I actually do, I want to d/l several of the jpg files now in the album for inclusion in the new album. It'd even be nice to d/l the entire album to be able to sort through it.

Many of the original image files u/l'd to the album are no longer available. To replace them, I'd need to do some extensive PS image work to ready them for web use. I have not been able to figure out how to do the d/L with an FTP client yet. I want to d/l the actual unopened files.

So, my question:
How can I d/l some or all of the files in my album to my computer in order to save and rework them?

TIA for any help on this.
FF

Posted by hi5/freeloader at 6:11 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Mood:  accident prone
whales are cool. Does anyone have a website about whales other than me?

Posted by wa3/whalefacts at 5:01 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Beginner Help 2
Mood:  not sure
Now Playing: www.angelfire.com/vamp/anamijordan
I was fustrated to begin with, but now I am a little better. What does it take to get an imaged load on the site where it will work. what is the point of the little white box with the red "X" in the middle if the picture is just lost in the trasaction. Can some help poor little 'ole me? I think my page is really basic and I don't think I asking 4 a lot...

Posted by vamp/anamijordan at 1:35 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
HEY ANGELFIRE! LET US DELIGATE MX FILES IN DNS!
Now Playing: Do you want to offer your visitors email service?
Topic: News
Right now if you want to offer email service to your sites visitors, FORGET IT! We all need to band together and request Angelfire allow modification of our MX records, which we pay for. (Dont let em get by on you get a "free" domain name, you pay for the package) My website is becoming more and more advanced and Angelfire is restricting growth. I guesse I could move, but what a pain. If you are wondering what I am talking about, check out http://www.every1.net and sign up to offer your visitors email service from your website and see the response you get from them.

Posted by ex/d197fo at 1:19 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older