Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Friday, 10 September 2004
Upgrading Account
Mood:  irritated
Now Playing: How long until accounts are actually updated??
I've been trying to update my Angelfire account. I get a message screen saying:

"Thank you, ms/joyceanderson! You have successfully changed your Angelfire account. Activate your account and start building!"

but my account still shows up as "free" in my profile, and I still have those pesky ads. I hope I don't get charged the upgrade fee a million times. When will it be done? Thanks for all your help!

Posted by joyceanderson at 1:05 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
image links
I am having trouble with linking an img from my angelire website. It is a jpg img but I only get the small " this image is hosted by angelfire.com" picture, They used to work fine until recently.I know the links are correct and the names of the files are correct. Any ideas on this? I was thinking maybe for some reason they do not allow you to link images from your webspace unless you have an upgraded account. I hope this is not the case.

Posted by oz/specwarcat at 1:03 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 9 September 2004
aligning text with graphic
Topic: HTML Questions
I tried to view this in HTML Basic but when I click the question the answer doesn't show up for me. Can anyone give me the HTML trick for this?

Posted by in4/theuleryfamily at 11:48 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
VIDEOS on Angelfire?
Now Playing: How do I play video??
Topic: Image Questions
I have a Digital camera in which I can film quick 15 second videos. They are filmed as a
".MOV" file. How can I get this to play on Angelfire site?? Do I need to convert? How do I convert?
(I try to post it in a page just like I post images..but it wont work).

Thanks for any help i can get.

aroundthewayprod@hotmail.com

Posted by ny2/aroundtheway at 11:28 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Angelfire
Mood:  quizzical
So, what's the deal with the so-called on going error that Angelfire has with banner ads?

Non-paying members who use CSS are just supposed to put up with these ridiculous ads displaying over their site content?

Anybody have any suggestions on how to overcome this problem? Any possible patches or compromises to get their ads off my text?

Look at this mess: www.angelfire.com/poetry/arosebyanyother

Posted by poetry/arosebyanyother at 3:29 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Thursday, 9 September 2004 3:30 PM EDT
Wednesday, 8 September 2004
uploading a front page site
Mood:  lyrical
Topic: FrontPage
Hi!

I've just been updating my website and finally got around to uploading a front page site. However, (and this happened with my previous site too) i can't upload any changes to it now, or write over the existing changes - it says access is forbidden, or something to do with the server.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Posted by indie/moose0 at 4:00 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post

When I go online to view my webpage, build through Tripod, my front page flashes and then I see nothing, but a white page.

Posted by musicals/kathleencaputo at 2:09 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post

Mood:  not sure
hallo everyone / uploaded my site ( angelfire.com/ego2/sklpns )with Front Page and having problem with page transitions. Ie: when navigating within the site the page transition effects seem to work ok. They dont work when I open any page through the favourites menu or when typing my adress in the adress bar. Can anyone please help, this has actually stopped me from building! Thanx in advance, ego2/sklpns

Posted by ego2/sklpns at 12:30 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

hallo everyone / uploaded my site ( angelfire.com/ego2/sklpns )with Front Page and having problem with page transitions. Ie: when navigating within the site the page transition effects seem to work ok. They dont work when I open any page through the favourites menu or when typing my adress in the adress bar. Can anyone please help, this has actually stopped me from building! Thanx in advance, ego2/sklpns

Posted by ego2/sklpns at 12:28 AM EDT | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 5 September 2004
Please help me
Now Playing: Zacman
please i need someone who tellme how to upload my page if im using dreamweaver mx ,i`m a biginer in the web host topic , pleas tellme what do i can do and how to do it
Atte
ZAc

Posted by creep/zacman at 10:52 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Ads in the middle of my page -.-'
Ok you can cutomize those ads... but why the hell do they apear in the middle of the web page roght were your images or writting at anyone knows how to change their position.. or change to pop up whatever is better. send email to tenbreuxro@hotmail.com

Posted by Azale at 10:28 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
HELP! Every time I visit my web page, it is the same old posts. I have scrolled through all of the highlighted post dates, I have not used all my space and I have posts that are NOT showing up. When I go to edit my blog, they are there. But, when I try to view them on the page they are not. What can I do? AND, there seems to be NO WAY to contact the owners of angelfire to get help.

Please help me!
Gheartoms

Posted by tx6/nutterzlove at 5:52 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Hmmm
Mood:  quizzical
Ok, I've got my website built, the pages are all linked to the index page (and actually work lol), guest book is in and working Wooohoo for me, right? Now, the question...

How do I put "previous" and "next" links at the bottom of each page so the viewer doesn't have to go back to the main page each time. Not really a big deal, but it's seriously running up my counter... at last count, my site got like 100 hits in one day and I know that isn't right lol

I used the basic editor, template 1 for photos to do the pages (without a links option) because it had more photo slots than the second one (with links option)for a photo album. Is there a way around this or will I need to go back and edit it all, changing everything over to gain a link at the bottom but lose photo space?

Lottie

Posted by extreme4/def_leppard at 12:22 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 4 September 2004
blogging
Mood:  cheeky
blah blah blahs.. im sooo.. i dont know about this html thingy............HALP!

Posted by theforce/vanz1925 at 4:58 PM EDT | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 3 September 2004
I need help please
Now Playing: zacman
I need help its because i dont ?now how to put online my web page. im suing dreamweaver mx to made it but, i dont know how to upload my page. i`v allready finish my page i need help to upload from dreamweaver or else. please

Posted by creep/zacman at 12:15 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 1 September 2004
how to use html example templates
I am trying to paste a html template code onto a blank html document but I have no idea how to open a new html document or what text area of my page I am to paste it to. could anyone help me with this? thank you for response

Posted by film/b_hultin at 8:27 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (8) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 30 August 2004
links suddenly not working
I hand code my pages and upload using frontpage. Everything worked fine until recently, the links that I have, stopped working in Internet Explorer. They either take me to my index page or to an angelfire generated page. When I roll over the links they display the correct link and the pages are listed in the webshell as existing. I have deleted and re-uploaded the entire site to no avail.

The links work fine in Netscape.

Any suggestions? Please do not suggest only using Netscape because I have no control over which browser visitors use.

Thank You

Preston

Posted by Preston at 10:22 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (7) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Monday, 30 August 2004 10:26 PM EDT
HELP ME -
Mood:  don't ask
IS there a phone number for customer help? If I have a angelfire site, and want to upgrade, but STILL keep the same site.. how can I do this?

PLEASE HELP

Posted by ny5/footballpool at 7:16 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
problems with mp3 on my site
can anyone help me? I am trying to put a MP3 file to play on my site but it doesnt work :(
pls gimme a hint how 2 tackle this?

Posted by un/lamourdelavie at 2:09 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
How frequently do I need to login to my account to keep it running?
Mood:  energetic
Do Angelfire still have the policy that I have to login to my Angelfire account every few months? How often do I need to login for my website to stay up and running?

Just want to ask because I don't want my site to be deleted.

Many thanks.

Posted by ab/cdparadise at 10:06 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older