Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Tuesday, 14 March 2006
Traffic Statistics problem
My traffic statistics seem to be stuck on March 12th. I've always been leery of Friday the 13th, but MOnday?

Posted by az3/goladyjags at 8:26 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 12 March 2006
File name problems
I am having trouble uploading files, everytime I upload a file, my webshell names it as "0", is there a setting to change this, or is this a problem in Angelfires code for my account?

Posted by psy/boredoutmymind_mypix at 10:35 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 8 March 2006

Mood:  irritated
Topic: HTML Questions
I am trying to get a "status bar" script working on my mother's website that I copied from the Angelfire section. When I hit the preview link it works fine but when I save it then try to view it through IE nothing happens!!! I know it has something to do with the tag but I have tried everything I can think of but can't get it working. Can someone look at it and email me with a solution??? (www.angelfire.com/planet/devine/main.html)
(email = band.aid@shaw.ca)

Cheers,
Dean

Posted by planet/devine at 6:24 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
thumbnail Q
I'm trying to use the Gallery template from the Angelfire HTML library. I inserted all my photos as thumbnails OK, but when I click on the thumbs I get a error 404 page. How do I get the thumbs to connect to a larger image when clicked as it's said to. Here's where the GAllery template is on the web:
https://www.angelfire.lycos.com/build/htmllib/gallery/index.tmpl

Thanks, Spoon

Posted by grrl/spoon at 5:48 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
having trouble getting another account

i go to signup choose crazy/mind

fill everything out after i put in 6 digit number and accept i get an error Greetings! If you landed here, you probably accidentally requested a page which has changed or no longer exists. But don't fret; the solution is simple:
Go to the "log in" page.

Then click your browser reload button.
If you land here several times and nothing is working, click here. in the past and last year i always use my hotmail account to get a new account don't know why this is happening to me today

Posted by tn2/welcome at 11:54 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (8) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Wednesday, 8 March 2006 12:08 PM EST
Monday, 6 March 2006
Site over ads
I added an html file I made with dreaweaver into my my file manager then viewed it. The banner took over most of the ads and sometimes the ads were over the banner itself. Its doesnt look too good like that so Im wondering how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.

https://www.angelfire.com/games5/pendarenstudios/index2.html

Posted by games5/pendarenstudios at 9:55 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 5 March 2006
photo album question
Mood:  quizzical
I'm using the advanced customization on the photo album builder and have adjusted it pretty much how I want it to be, except I can't figure out how to get the thumbnails component just right.
I imagine it has something to do with this bit of code:

When I take it out, I get one row of all the pictures, close together. But when it's left in, there are five rows of widely spaced out pictures, three to a row. I would like it to be two rows of 7-8 images, closely spaced. How can I make it start a new row at a certain point?

Thanks for your help

Posted by art3/kvillari at 7:46 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (10) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 4 March 2006

Topic: FrontPage
can any one tell me why the changes i make to my page dont showup except in the preview if so please contact me at danny_criss92@yahoo.com thanks

Posted by crazy/gtosite at 2:25 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 3 March 2006

Hi cw,
Please help to fix --the Chinese website content-(margin) there is a lot of SPACE? Thank you very much.

Posted by fl5/lisalk00 at 2:43 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (11) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 1 March 2006
Image sizes
What is the recommended maximum width size for a jpg? I've been using 840 as a boundary and it seems to fit well on the computers I use. However, I went to a computer with a large screen today (it's used mainly for Quark layout), and my 840 photo was larger than the screen. Is that due to that monitor's settings, or are a lot of viewers of my page having to move the pic to see all of it? I don't want them to have to do that, unless they're still on a Kaypro II.

Posted by az3/goladyjags at 7:05 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Please advice how to i get the pictures that are already in the webshell directory into the photo album! Thank you in advance.

Posted by fl5/lisalk00 at 12:17 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Having trouble uploading a background, keep getting the following error message:

There was an error attempting to transload your file. It has been recorded in our logs and will be attended to. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Please advise....

And-is it necessary to "transload" backgound urls or can you just past them into the textbox?

Thank you for your time.

Posted by fl5/lisalk00 at 10:35 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 28 February 2006

Question: i tried to change the background image uploaded from Angelfire. Now i wanted to change to the other image also from Angelfire? It (the image) didn't change!!

Posted by fl5/lisalk00 at 3:01 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
Recurring counter reset
Topic: FrontPage
About four times in the past two weeks, my front page hit counter has reset to 0. (I have counters on inside pages, and they're unaffected.)

Thoughts? Thanks.

Posted by scifi/prstuff at 2:49 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
BG COLOR question
Hi again

I followed CW advice and cleaned up my Html, thanks again :-)

But now on my group page.. www.angelfire.com/planet/frugal/society/group.html

the background color will not show, I can't figure it out for the life of me :-(

Posted by planet/frugal at 11:33 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Chronology of blogs entries
Is there a way to override the blog's default setting of listing entries in reverse chronological order? I'd like for newer post to appear below older ones. Thanks.

Posted by ri/amiracle at 10:58 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 27 February 2006
A Little Off The Track
Mood:  a-ok
I know that this is not a Tripod Blog, but I was wondering why the 'Notify me by e-mail whenever anyone signs my guestbook' option hasn't been functioning,
on my HTML Gear, for the past few days??

It was working OK before. Anybody else experiencing same?

Posted by me2/kulacoco at 5:28 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 26 February 2006
CGI Code
CGI code not working on paid domain name accounts.

I have had the same problem and Mike said it was a code issue on their end. I have tried everything I can think of to make mine work.

I have a random cgi code that inserts random quotes on my index page works just fine on my free account.

But when you go to my domain name

www.rainbowatdawn.org

there is an error saying the random directory can't be found.

It is very frustrating!

I hope this is fixec soon as well.

Posted by planet/frugal at 7:09 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (10) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 25 February 2006

Topic: Image Questions
Hello please help me! My husband mistakenly put my website pictures into folder(directory)in the webshell! The directory name is "chinesepictures"-219K. Is there anyway I can get them back out so that they can be seen on my webpage. Thank you!

Posted by fl5/lisalk00 at 11:23 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 24 February 2006
To Angelfire staff
Mood:  a-ok
Topic: News
I need the help of the Angelfire staff here. I chose Angelfire to host my site for it's ease of use. I now find myself in a webmasters nightmare on .com street. Because I used Angelfire hosting I have serious search engine ranking issues. I was told Angelfire will not do a simple 301 permanent redirect to fix my problem of what search engines see as duplicate content.

For example: www.domain.com and domain.com are seen as duplicate content. Since I started using the Angelfire blog, its now a triple threat for duplicate content. In otherwords, the search engines see: www.domain.com - domain.com - and www.angelfire.com/me2/domain - as three separate url's and duplicate content.

Angelfire has been promising to fix the CGI bin problem since summer of 2005 when I first discovered the issue while trying to create banner rotators for my website. The CGI bin is only useful if you are using a free account. This makes absolutely no sense and is very unfair to paying customers like myself.

It's time for an upgrade Angelfire. My site is ranking poorly for duplicate content, and thieves and crooks are steeling my commission from my naked affiliate url's.

All I need to fix my situation is a permanent 301 redirect on both conical url's pointing to my www.domain.com url. I also need that CGI BIN problem fixed as soon as possible. I think I have been very patient up to this point.

Angelfire, I enjoy the service, otherwise I wouldn't be here using it. So please, lets get these issues taken care of. You'll have a whole bunch of happy webmasters if you do.

Posted by Daymon at 9:56 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older