Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Friday, 3 March 2006

Hi cw,
Please help to fix --the Chinese website content-(margin) there is a lot of SPACE? Thank you very much.

Posted by fl5/lisalk00 at 2:43 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (11) | Permalink | Share This Post

Friday, 3 March 2006 - 6:44 PM EST

Name: cw

lisa- The left and right margins look good to me. The space I see at your chinese site is at the top- between your page title "Lisa's favorite links" and the chinese text that comes below it. Is that the space you mean?

If so, I'm not really sure why it's doing that because you seem to have everything vertically aligned to top.... unless it has something to do with the heights you set for some tables or table cells. I generally don't set heights for tables and cells. I usually let them default to the visitor's browser view. Let me play with your code in my builder and I'll see what I can find if anything.

Let me know if the space at the top is what you mean and I'll get back to you.

Friday, 3 March 2006 - 8:47 PM EST

Name: mamagoo

i worked on this a bit cw, I had a boring day today, no car....lol

I didn't clean the html up entirely just the space at the top and some extra body tags. the top align for the center main table had two entries, one as valign top and one written as <td style="vertical-align: top;"> top alignment (I removed this one) and it worked. then had to remove some other <p> tags and it looks ok to me but I'll upload it to the dummie site so you can look at it. I am not that good with tables like you are...

also:
Lisa you had to many body tags and head tags so I removed some but you should run your site thru an html verifier for duplicate tags and etc.......doodle knows the site that does that, I lost the link to it.
lets see what cw says about what she can do with it...however the one I did does look ok but witht the chinese char set, I just did the best i could with it... lol

Friday, 3 March 2006 - 10:30 PM EST

Name: fl5/lisalk00

Yes, you are right-the space on top is i mean!Thank you.

Friday, 3 March 2006 - 10:56 PM EST

Name: cw

I am glad to see you back, mamagoo! You saw all the things I saw. That should work, lisa.

Friday, 3 March 2006 - 11:01 PM EST

Hi mamagoo,
i also wanted the paragraph and the copy right to have more space in between. Mahalo

Saturday, 4 March 2006 - 10:21 AM EST

Home Page: http://crashtestdummy23.tripod.com/lisa_new-code.html

link above is for the new code for the entire page, so you might want to try it on a test page first, or make a copy of your excisting page so that you will have it to fall back on, just in case....

see if this is what you want, Lisa. It's the best I could do.
I hope it's what you were looking for and I hope the code translates ok...lol...it should, and I did test it but you never know....lol

good luck

Saturday, 4 March 2006 - 10:27 AM EST

Home Page: https://www.angelfire.com/mi2/magoosplace/troubleshoot/o

I uploaded the test page to my angelfire directory maybe you should see how it looks first....you won't see the pictures but you will get an idea of the layout of the code re-did...

Saturday, 4 March 2006 - 9:15 PM EST

Thank you, Thank you. mamagoo and cw.

Saturday, 4 March 2006 - 9:39 PM EST

i copied the layouot of the code to my site. It looks perfect. Thank you very very much!
mamagoo, i did copy & paste so i could get an idea of the redone code. now, i need help with taking down Home Page address on Angelfire Club Blog. Mahalo.

Sunday, 5 March 2006 - 9:35 PM EST

I'm glad it worked out for you lisa. it looks good.

taking down the homepage address, do you mean the url here to the one that i did and had you copy from in my directory? If so I removed the page from my directory, so now the links to it here don't work.

Monday, 6 March 2006 - 8:56 AM EST

Yes. Mahalo!

View Latest Entries