Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Monday, 20 November 2006

Hi everyone in Angelfire blog-land.If your keen on movie reviews,then check out my latest blog,Slick Flicks.Catch it by typing in http//www.angelfire.com/poetry/fantail22_10 Regards; Chris Green.

Posted by poetry/fantail22_10 at 4:53 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Images
Mood:  irritated
Topic: Image Questions
I am trying to make a website once again, and I didn't do very good with the first one, cuz I didn't know how to make the site properly. My question is that I can't find the "/images" directory/file what ever it is in my shell. The help thing says that it is provided, but I dont have it, and I didn't delete it at all. I need to kow where to find this or how to get it. I would like to put my pictures on this website.

Posted by crazy/mindfeild at 1:47 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 12 November 2006
Dawn
Mood:  down
I have contacted Lycos help about my account, waiting for a reply (I can't get in). My question is, although pieces of my website are already posted on the internet, once I am able to access my account again, will I be able to update my website? I am using the webshell help builder, is there a way to keep the site from being indexed until I complete it?

Posted by planet/dm0 at 11:10 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (17) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 11 November 2006
Links
Maybe I am answering my own question. I tried to make the index page very descriptive since that is the page that will be indexed by the search engines. However, I added my links to page 2. Do you have to place your links on the first page (the index page)? If not, how do may family and friends view subsequent pages? dawnmarie_3

Posted by planet/dawnmarie_3 at 2:57 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 10 November 2006
Sub domains
Mood:  cool
Hello,
I have a Xeon account and I want to add sub domians for 3 friends to post a similar web page as mine. How do I post the web pages created to there sub domain names? do I need to create files to save the index pages? please advise. Eddie

Posted by ms3/money10k at 3:17 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 8 November 2006
HELLO
BE COOL

Posted by planet/cooljames at 9:20 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 7 November 2006
html gear counter problem
Mood:  quizzical
Checked my website today and the html gear counter is now about three inches long, 2 of which are white space. I haven't made any changes on this page in over a week, but have been getting a lot of spam. Hope that doesn't have anything to do with it.

Any help is much appreciated. www.goladyjags.com

Posted by az3/goladyjags at 6:49 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 6 November 2006
I DONT KNOW HOW TO BUILD A WEB SIT(S)
Mood:  not sure
Now Playing: NEED HELP SERIOUSLY
Topic: FrontPage
I NEED HELP BADLY TO BUILD MORE THEN ONE WEBSITES HHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!

Posted by funky/blackdiamondmoon at 10:58 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 4 November 2006
Live chat feature
I wanted to have a live chat support feature on my site. Does angelfire support the following?
Server requirements:

Operating system: any
Scripting support: PHP version 4.1.2 or later
Database support: mySQL version 3.23.49 or later
Minimum Web space: around 200KB to extract everything

Thank you.

Posted by biz2/metaphysician at 5:27 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 31 October 2006
I can not get files from my computer to upload
Mood:  happy
I tried to upload pictures from my own selection and it says the file it already exists but can not find it. does not show in images folder.

Posted by funky/enjscollectables.com at 4:40 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Heavy Robo-Spamming on the HTML Gear Guestbooks
Now Playing: silence
Topic: HTML Questions
Happy Halloween everybody!

Perhaps this posting would be more appropriate
on a Tripod Blog, but I know that many members
of this Angelfire Blog are using HTML Gear Guestbooks on their websites.

Lately I have noticed a 'sharp increase' in the number
of ROBO-SPAM postings on my HTML Gear Guestbook, and was wondering if Lycos is cosnsidering installing 'image verification' for posts, in order to reduce this annoying spam.

Just a thought.

Posted by me2/kulacoco at 5:07 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 27 October 2006
testing
testing

Posted by dalleh at 11:13 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 25 September 2006
User Name and Password
Mood:  irritated
Now Playing: www.angelfire.com/planet/thirdearth/index.html
Topic: HTML Questions
Help when i try to access my website when i am logged out of angelfire it asks for a USER NAME AND PASSWORD!!! Can someone please examine my site www.angelfire.com/planet/thirdearth. Does anyone know what this is i have never seen it before ???????

Posted by planet/thirdearth at 1:29 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 20 September 2006
movie clip
If I have a camcorder clip,say 2 minutes long
in my hard drive , how can I upload it & show it
in my blog ? Thanks.

I used to do that easily in the very basic form of
Angelfir. Now I am in the second form (incorrect term)
; I don't know how it works here.

Posted by wy2/sy at 11:19 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Change Web Site Address
Mood:  quizzical
I'm hoping someone out there can help me. I have a church web site that I would like to see about changing the web site address. Another site has linked our page on their web site and it is not the kind of web site that we want our church associated with. The only thing I can think of to do is to change our web site address. Is that possible? And if it is, how do I do it?

Posted by super2/osceolachurch at 9:03 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 17 September 2006
Upgraded and got downgraded
Mood:  don't ask
well I am an old subscriber to angelfire.. and first off they need to fix issues with those of us who have uppercase letters in our URL. But that isnt the reason((I hope)) for this post. lol

I upgraded from neon to argon When I finally finished. it reset me to being considered "free" and it wont fix or change it. I have many images I host through angelfire thus teh reason I had neon. and now all my places I use my images all ahve the "image hosted by angelfire" thing on it.. and I lost all my space so I cant save any new pages cause I am exceeding my MB limit. when I should have plenty. and after upgrading more then plenty.

anyone have any ideas? please help me out or let me know. cause Tech support never seems to answer me. and I cant go into the live help cause it wont give me the link cause it thinks I am a free user not a premium user.. grr.

Thanks Much
Nick Sampson
Azreal19@hotmail.com

Posted by mn/WWC at 9:13 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

How do I upgrade from Neon to the other levels that have more disk space?
I keep trying to do so. I am prompted to select a domain name which I do not need. Then there is a statement indicating that if my domain is registered elsewhere I am to go to angelfire extras.
Where is this?

Posted by biz2/metaphysician at 8:29 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 16 September 2006
"Top 100"
Mood:  smelly
Now Playing: https://www.angelfire.com/poetry/northpoint/index.html
Um...the Top 100 list of Angelfire accounts, even though they're supposed to be The Best, isn't exactly that good. Horrible actually. Is there a reason to this? I mean, are these sites really THE best sites on Angelfire? I sure hope not. And, when you try to submit a new site, seeing as the list is also still imcomplete and there are a lot of sites sooo much better than the ones on there, you get the help main menu. Right. Anyone?

Posted by poetry/northpoint at 6:56 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (7) | Permalink | Share This Post
ads on my site???
Okay, I have had my website on angelfire for a year now under the Xenon plan. Today I was viewing a slideshow on my site and then went to my index page and there are now ads on every single page. It had to have happened in the last half hour. My domain is still working, so I don't understand. I am a photographer and need to upload proof galleries for my customer, but now i CAN'T becuase I am well over the 20MB given for a free account. Why did this happen on a Saturday when there is no one to contact? Does anyone else have trouble getting live support during the week when they are supposed to be open?

I am logged in under my other friends account, which I help her manage from time to time, because I can't even access the blog with my "FREE" account that I pay for. What's going on? Did this happen to anyone else? I can't wait until Monday to talk to someone and hope that live support is actually online!

www.photosbyfaustina.com

ne2/naturalcuties

Posted by ne2/vivsphotography at 2:46 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 12 September 2006

Hello dalleh,
My random music file named "copy_of_album.html" didn't work well. please help. Thank you in advance.
Lisa
Posted on Monday, 11 September 2006 - 11:02 PM EDT

Posted by fl5/lisalk00 at 8:09 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older