Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Wednesday, 20 September 2006
Change Web Site Address
Mood:  quizzical
I'm hoping someone out there can help me. I have a church web site that I would like to see about changing the web site address. Another site has linked our page on their web site and it is not the kind of web site that we want our church associated with. The only thing I can think of to do is to change our web site address. Is that possible? And if it is, how do I do it?

Posted by super2/osceolachurch at 9:03 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post

Wednesday, 20 September 2006 - 10:27 AM EDT

Name: cw

You'd have to sign up for a new account under a different membername then rebuild your site from scratch. But have to say imho a name change would be biting off your nose to spite your face. Your current users would not be able to find you at the old URL so that becomes a hardship on them and may decrease whatever following and traffic you've already built. And remember that even if you change the URL, that won't stop anyone from linking to the new site at it's new URL.

I'd probably first write the linking site and ask the link to you be removed. And if that fails, well the Lord works in mysterious ways. Who's to say someone visiting through a link from that other site won't find exactly what they need at yours?

Wednesday, 20 September 2006 - 11:50 AM EDT

Name: dalleh

I agree with CW, starting a new site is not the solution.

Thursday, 21 September 2006 - 4:46 AM EDT

Name: tom

I agree with CW & Dalleh on all points.

Here is an additional suggestion:

Place a disclaimer on your page, stating the following:
"DISCLAIMER: We have no control over websites which may offer links to our internet resource "

This can be done with a 'scrollling marquee', by using
the HTML code fragment below:

<center><marquee bgcolor="#FFFFF0" width="70%" height="10%" style="font-family: Arial Black; font-size: 12pt; color: #9D0000; border: 6 ridge #000000" scrolldelay="0" scrollamount="8">DISCLAIMER: We have no control over websites which may offer links to our internet resource </marquee></center>
<br>

This HTML fragment may be placed directly under the 'BODY' attributes, near the top of your HTML code; or, if you are using the basic editor, just paste it into the text box.

Sunday, 8 October 2006 - 12:40 PM EDT

Name: Wolfie001
Home Page: https://www.angelfire.com/poetry/northpoint

I second CW, dalleh, and tom's comments, although the marque would make that site looks bad (in design and might hint on new users or vistors of the condition). I dunno, but changing web addresses isn't the solution.

Wish I could say more

View Latest Entries