Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Monday, 25 September 2006
User Name and Password
Mood:  irritated
Now Playing: www.angelfire.com/planet/thirdearth/index.html
Topic: HTML Questions
Help when i try to access my website when i am logged out of angelfire it asks for a USER NAME AND PASSWORD!!! Can someone please examine my site www.angelfire.com/planet/thirdearth. Does anyone know what this is i have never seen it before ???????

Posted by planet/thirdearth at 1:29 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post

Monday, 25 September 2006 - 2:22 AM EDT

Name: tom

This problem has appeared on other occasions.

On one such occasion, this was the advice offered by Mamagoo:

"Looks like your site may have a graphic or a file that is in a privatized folder/directory.

make sure there is nothing in your webshell that is not in a private folder. ...look in the webshell and see if you have any folders that may be password protected...."

Monday, 25 September 2006 - 8:24 AM EDT

Name: cw

I don't think you can privatize folders at AF. I'm going to suggest something without really having a reason for suggestiing it but maybe worth trying.... I have this nagging suspicion that a folder called images is protected or privatized automatically for some people at AF.

Take your images out of the folder called 'images' or 'Images' or rename that images folder to something else (say "pics"). then rewrite the file paths to those pics and save/reupload your page.

PS- your frameset code on index.html is incomplete.... missing closing body and html tags. Actually there are no body tags at all.

Thursday, 16 November 2006 - 4:50 PM EST

omg stop making fun of me!

Thursday, 16 November 2006 - 4:51 PM EST

ololololololololololololololo -_-

ololololololololololololololo -_-

lol

View Latest Entries