Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Friday, 2 December 2005
Issues
Mood:  irritated
I just started creating my website. At first I created a template using the HTML Library. I wanted to include a blog on my main page so I created one and now it's overided my main page.

I just want a page that includes links to whatever I want, photos and a blog. Any suggestions? Should I just include these on a blog? Can you include a link to pictures on a blog? I'm sure you can.

Also, whenever I sign in it takes me to the registration page and I have to go through the registration all over again. I've clicked on the link in the welcome email. ???

TFYH

Posted by Jeryn at 3:40 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 1 December 2005
Importance of backing up files, web pages
Hi,

This is just a friendly reminder that people should always backup all their images, sounds, and web pages using an FTP and also keep them on a disk.

Several of our web pages were wiped out when Angelfire did some maintenance. I backed them up a few years ago so was able to salvage most of the site.

Please backup all your files. It would be a shame to loose them if an accident at Angelfire occurs like they did on our site.

Warm Regards,

Nancy

Posted by ct/deerwhorns at 1:08 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 30 November 2005
linked page links
Please help! I'm not sure what happened...but my linked page now does not show its links. My site is lovelandsinternational.com and I am trying to get the links to show on campwebquest.lovelandsinternational.com. The html page shows for the webquest but none of the links show on that page. I have been trying to figure it out on my own and haven't had any luck.
Thank you!

Posted by super2/lovelands_class at 2:16 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 29 November 2005
Netscape back button doesn't recognize different pages
I usually use IE where my angelfire website works fine, but I checked my website on Netscape 7 and found that the Netscape back button doesn't work on my angelfire site. If I use the little history drop-down menu, I can go to previous pages. But the back button itself doesn't seem to recognize that there is more than one page in my site.

For example if I go from https://www.angelfire.com/oh5/walnuthillsjcl/awards.html
to
https://www.angelfire.com/oh5/walnuthillsjcl/activities.html
the back button won't take me back to the awards page; it just stays on the activities page, as if it doesn't recognize that there is a difference.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem.

Thanks
Joe

Posted by oh5/walnuthillsjcl at 12:21 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Extra files?
Mood:  don't ask
I have noticed in my file management folder files I have not made and I was wondering if I can just delete them or are they necessary to keep. For example these folders were added:
/_private
/_vti_bin
/_vti_cnf
/_vti_pvt
/_vti_txt

Thanks

Posted by ct3/michaelanthony24 at 8:24 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 28 November 2005

Topic: FrontPage
Hello Happy Holidays Everyone,

On Directory-under computer, there is a very nice website (The College). i wonder is there anyone who can tell me how to do the moving table over the background?

Please POST here or email to: lisalkk88@yahoo.com
Thank you very much for your time!

Posted by fl5/lisalk00 at 12:32 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Pages wackey
Topic: HTML Questions
My husband and I have had our website on Angelfire since 1997 and are premium members.

About last week, we noticed that some of our webpages are missing from our shell directory, and images are not appearing on the few pages that do work.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks

Posted by ct/deerwhorns at 2:23 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 24 November 2005
Trouble with abode reader
Mood:  sad
Topic: FrontPage
Can anyone help with this problem?
I have some links on my site (made with FrontPage)that open documents that are in Abode reader. They worked ok for a few weeks but now they wont open. Message says 'cant find file'.!!!They still open on my backup site on my pc though!!!

kporegan@optusnet.com.au

Posted by hi5/interactive_learning at 1:54 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 23 November 2005
Angelfire Update & Planet Update
Topic: News
In our mad dash to get it all out the door by Thanksgiving, the Angelfire Team has released two site updates yesterday.

The first, visible primarily to new users, is that the registration flow has been simplified considerably. The list of "states" which can be signed up for has been trimmed to six and they have been unnumbed. We've also streamlined the process so that you don't get asked a million personal questions: all you need is an email address and a username and password. (If you sign up for a paid account, you still need to enter in the rest for billing and domain registration.)

The account "conversion" which I mentioned in the last update is still ongoing and if you see anything weird with your accounts, please let us know.

On the Planet side, we've completed a major update with a ton of bugs fixed, new surfaces (my favorite is the spider with the Santa hat on), free (open license) music, and more.

But most importantly, we've launched our "WISH AND WIN" contest where, if you create a new planet with a MyTV slideshow about your holiday wish-list, you could win iPods, XBOX 360s, or a TV. I don't know all of the rules because I'm not allowed to enter, but please check it out. There's a link to all of the information on the front-door of Planet.

And if you see any bugs in any of these things, please respond here and I'll get them reported. I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving.

JP

Posted by blog/jrp34 at 10:06 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 20 November 2005
help with fonts
Mood:  d'oh
Now Playing: help...
I am new to downloading fonts on my computer,think it's pretty neat.What I am wondering is,can you upload fonts to your webshell and use them on your site? if so,how do I do that? I'm clueless about it,but would love to find out how to do it....any help would be greatly appreciated! please send me an e-mail at mymustangvenus@yahoo.com
thanks much,Alli

Posted by Allison at 1:04 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 19 November 2005
Help with getting web page up
I have went through all the steps and made my pages. Now when I go to my website, I get my first page, but when I go to one of my links it tells me that "Angelfire does not allow downloading
of certain file types to protect
visitors from computer viruses. " Could someone please let me know what I'm not doing right? I would really appreciate a fast response. Thank you.

Posted by crazy4/crossroads-jesus at 12:23 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (8) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 16 November 2005
Help
Mood:  spacey
I have read the start up links over and over and I can't get anywhere. I need to get my site started, but can't. Can anyone help me. I am computer stupid.

Posted by in4/turquiosetears at 1:30 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
help newmember
Mood:  chillin'
*Set up new web site ok
* didnot get a /images directory like I was suppose to
* created one on my own but does not work properly
* if anyone knows why please respond
* thanks

Posted by blues2/legendsoftheblues at 1:14 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 15 November 2005
Angelfire Update
Topic: News
The Angelfire Team is busy upgrading some behind-the-scenes parts of the site. This will involve a slow, but invisible, update of all member sites to our new storage system. (Although nothing will change immediately, this update will be used by future product features.) If you see any new problems over the next couple of days, or if there are problems with newly created accounts, please leave a message here and I'll make sure the issues are investigated. We do not anticipate any disruptions.

Posted by blog/jrp34 at 8:46 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 13 November 2005
Help help help
Mood:  not sure
I have a lot of questions. I looking for someone who would be willing to help me with my site. I just cant seem to get it to do anything. And I dont understand a lot of it. So if you would like to help me with this. Please let me know on here. E-mail me at Lyndz1438@aol.com let me know on my xanga. www.xanga.com/lyndz1438 or my myspace. www.myspace.com/Lyndz1438.
I really need some help with this. Thanks a lot.

Lyndz

Posted by celeb2/lyndz1438 at 4:14 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Background sounds
Mood:  caffeinated
I have tried everything to get a background midi to play on my site to no avail. see below what I have tried.

also tried thi

What am I doing wrong? Does angelfire accept background music?

Thanks in advance

Posted by ct3/michaelanthony24 at 11:45 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (7) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 12 November 2005
Inquiry Regarding Web Page.
Mood:  quizzical
Nov 12, 05

Hi everybody, I have been using Angelfire free web publisher since my website is published. Now I would like to know how I can go from first page to the next or second page.

Is there a link system that I can use from the first page to go to the next page?

I now how to go to a page using web address space. I can type the page name and can get to the requested page, but I could not find a link system on the first page that takes me to the second page.

Anybody out there, Please send me an e-mail if you have an answer for it.

Thank you for your time and cooperation.

sincerely,

Matewes Tadesse

Posted by electronic2/matewes at 1:34 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 9 November 2005
2 sites?
Is a member allowed 2 sites? I have one about our small town. Now the fire dept wants me to create one for them.

Posted by in/ParkerCity at 9:22 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 8 November 2005
Perl Scripts
Mood:  irritated
I am trying to install a cgi script and I really don't have a clue as to how to do it. I need to know the PERL path and the SENDMAIL path so I can change it in the script. If anyone knows these things or has any suggestions to help me install it, please let me know. Thanks for any help!

Posted by ms3/wcnsco2006 at 11:21 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Think you've got what it takes?
Mood:  energetic
Got a great site, photo album, or blog? Think it's good enough to make it to our Top 100 listing? Let us know!

We've just set up a way for you to suggest a site to be listed in our Top 100 listing. You can either suggest your own site, or another site that you've seen on Angelfire/Tripod that you thought was great, and think others would enjoy too.

Head on over to: http://help.lycos.com/angelfire/top_100_form.asp and fill out the form to submit your suggestion. All we ask is that you only submit your suggestion once. You can submit as many sites as you'd like to suggest, but please only suggest them once each. This way, it will be easier on us to review them, and add those ones that we think are great to the Top 100 list!

Thanks for your participation,
Mike
Customer Support - Lycos

Posted by Mike J. at 3:47 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older