Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Tuesday, 29 November 2005
Netscape back button doesn't recognize different pages
I usually use IE where my angelfire website works fine, but I checked my website on Netscape 7 and found that the Netscape back button doesn't work on my angelfire site. If I use the little history drop-down menu, I can go to previous pages. But the back button itself doesn't seem to recognize that there is more than one page in my site.

For example if I go from https://www.angelfire.com/oh5/walnuthillsjcl/awards.html
to
https://www.angelfire.com/oh5/walnuthillsjcl/activities.html
the back button won't take me back to the awards page; it just stays on the activities page, as if it doesn't recognize that there is a difference.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem.

Thanks
Joe

Posted by oh5/walnuthillsjcl at 12:21 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post

Tuesday, 29 November 2005 - 1:33 PM EST

Name: cw

This problem has been around for a while. I'm pretty sure TPTB are aware of it but have not yet found a fix. It has something to do with the ad code since it's only free AF and Tripod sites that are affected. If you look in the Netscape7 drop down GO menu, each page is actually being bookmarked twice. There is no solution that I know of but you can sort of work around it by using the same drop down "GO" menu in the main Netscape7 navigation bar.

Tuesday, 29 November 2005 - 6:30 PM EST

Name: oh5/walnuthillsjcl

Thanks. I appreciate the information.

Joe

Wednesday, 30 November 2005 - 2:36 AM EST

Name: tom

I have noticed the same issue with my Firefox Browser,
which is in the same Mozilla family as Netscape.

I don't think that it has anything to do specifically
with Angelfire, since I have encountered the problem
on other sites.

Interestingly enough, just today, Firefox has issued
an updated browser [1.5] and in their press release,
they do mention the 'back button issue'.

Here is an excerpt from that news item:

"Firefox 1.5 offers several new features, including automated update, faster browser navigation with improvements to back and forward button performance, drag and drop reordering for browser tabs, and improvements to popup blocking."

From: http://www.technewsworld.com/story/47581.html&cid=1102608007

Friday, 2 December 2005 - 5:53 PM EST

Name: oh5/walnuthillsjcl

Hmm, that's interesting. Thanks. Maybe Netscape 8 has solved that problem, too. I'll have to check it out.

View Latest Entries