Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Saturday, 5 November 2005
CGI
Mood:  irritated
Does anyone know the perl directory or whatever it is that has to be changed in cgi scripts so they'll work? Does anyone understand what I'm asking? Anyone's help would great! Thanks.

Posted by ms3/wcnsco2006 at 2:37 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 3 November 2005
david & gina website
Mood:  on fire
Topic: FrontPage
hello this is david & gina welcome to the website see the big family we love the family & friends so have fun looking at the website

Posted by pop2/peter-rufus at 11:13 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Message board help
Topic: HTML Questions
i am trying to make a message board for my family site, Someone told me Yabb would work on angelfire, however i have never messed with php or perl. I tried Yabb but a file wouldnt upload and nothing seemed to work right, so obviously isa not as smart as the family thought. Can anybody help me walk through this, Help would be much appreciated. As i sit right i deleted everything uploaded for forum. So i am starting from scratch.

Posted by mi4/hinchcliffe at 9:52 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 1 November 2005
mommy65711
i was wondering if anyone can help me get this up and going. i thought i had it but now i'm not sure i am trying to get to my page from the internet and i can't. i can't even copy links to my page please help me i am lost. i am new at this so i need some one who can explain it to me in a computers for dummies kinda way.
thank you.

Posted by ky3/mommy65711 at 2:32 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 31 October 2005

Hello mamagoo,
i saw my index.html has 2 why?
How do i set for my entire bgcolor?
i have a piece of music that you suggested that i put it on my website-Photo Album. Thank you again!

Posted by fl5/lisalk00 at 11:56 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 30 October 2005
403-Forbidden
Topic: News
I've had a free Angelfire account for 8 years, and tonight, when I tried to log in to do my weekly update, as I've done for the past 8 years, I get this message:

[INCLUDE OF "/network/header.tmpl" FAILED: Template file not found]

Plus, when I try to get to my website to take a look, I get the "403-Forbidden" message.

Can someone tell me what's going on, please?

Posted by pokemon2/sladen at 11:42 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
403-Forbidden
I have had a free angelfire site for nearly three years. I just two weeks ago finally upgraded to a paid site and now it does not work, even to this page I can't log in.(I had to sign up again with a new name- just to get here) So I can't get into my web page to change it and when you try to view my site with the old or new address it comes up error 403-Forbidden. HELP!

Posted by hi5/sbgc at 3:59 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Videos
so um i hope i didnt pay angelfire and now i cant host what i thougth i could, i'm trying to host videos, i ahve them updated but the links dont work correctly, plz help!!!!!!!!1

Posted by games6/tmntjonas104 at 2:36 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 29 October 2005
Not sure how to set up my website
Now Playing: b
Dear ANGELFIRE, I SIGNED UP WITH YOU AND NOW I AM VERY CONFUSED AS TO HOW TO BUILD MY WEBSITE. IT STARTED OUT O.K. THEN WHEN IT WAS TIME TO CHOOSE A
COLOR FROM 219 CHOICES - WELL WHAT DO I DO?????
PLEASE UNDERSTAND WHEN IT COMES TO COMPUTERS THE SIMPER THE TERMINOLOGY - THE BETTER!!! PLEASE E-MAIL
AN ANSWER SO I CAN MOVE ON AND FINISH THIS. rantciardullo@sympatico.ca

Posted by falcon2/t_falconi at 8:43 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 28 October 2005

Hello, is there anyone who knows how to put the PowerPoint on website? The PowerPoint w/ some pictures is my own file.
Thanks

Posted by fl5/lisalk00 at 9:45 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
help
Mood:  lazy
ei dont know how to add music to my page...who can help me??

Posted by wizard2/shadow_angel at 7:16 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 25 October 2005
ANGELFIRE GLITCH REPORT
Mood:  a-ok
Topic: News

The Angelfire Team & Club Bloggers will be interested in this:

Here is an [apparent] glitch, which I discovered quite by accident today, concerning the 'Colorado' designation on the Angelfire web addresses:

When you go to:
http://www.google.ca/search?q=%22angelfire.com/co/co/%22&hl=en&lr=&filter=0
you will find listed, approx 2500 Angelfire pages which have an additional co/ added to the url.

Upon checking, I notice that the URL worked both with the additional co/ and also without it.

However, one cannot login to the A/F account, using the double co/

That is a strange one, to be sure!

Posted by co/begumnoor at 7:10 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 24 October 2005
uploaded a .swf file how do i get it back onto my comp?
i uploaded a .swf file in webshell...deleted it off my comp now i need it back onto my comp so i can edit it. how can i do this?

Posted by tv2/whoistheman1414 at 11:47 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Mood:  not sure
does any one now how to put 'meta tags' into a site

Posted by weird2/mr_berry at 9:18 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 22 October 2005
My brand new site, take a look please
this is my site https://www.angelfire.com/hero/jeb2004/main.html go there and sign the shout box tell me what ya think

Posted by dalleh at 9:31 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Confusion
So I finally set my page up and go to check it out only to find that now when I click on the link to my pics pages I get a page that tells me that ?angelfire does not allow certain types of files to protect users from viruses?.....why now? it was fine before. I can call up the links individually but if I click the links on my site they crap out. Does anybody know what is going on.

Posted by theforce2/adicasitko at 1:39 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 21 October 2005
HTML confusion
Why, if the scrolling text box works in the preview, does it not work on my actual site. Also, when a script calls for placing such and such in the HEAD/BODY section.....what does that mean exactly. I can find nothing in the help relating to either of these problems....which ofcourse are only problems because im a laymen.

Posted by theforce2/adicasitko at 8:11 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 19 October 2005
Accessing Blog
How does a person get to the blog after they have created it. Is there a certain address or can you setup one as a subdomain of your main domain?

Posted by extreme5/gcmnwv at 11:37 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Excel

Can I put in a Microsoft Excel page into my website?

Posted by ia3/lemarsbulldogs at 8:58 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 18 October 2005
domain question
Mood:  quizzical
i just upgraded and got a domain name. however, i can't access my page when i type in the "www." is there some reason for that, and can it be changed?
http://villariphoto.com works, but http://www.villariphoto.com does not.
thanks

Posted by art3/kvillari at 12:38 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older