Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Monday, 24 October 2005
uploaded a .swf file how do i get it back onto my comp?
i uploaded a .swf file in webshell...deleted it off my comp now i need it back onto my comp so i can edit it. how can i do this?

Posted by tv2/whoistheman1414 at 11:47 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Tuesday, 25 October 2005 - 5:57 AM EDT

Name: tom

Personally, I know nothing about Flash Macromedia,
but I found the following item on the Net:

"If the .fla's are lying around somewhere, you will need to get your hands on a copy of Macromedia Flash to edit them. Then its just a case of making the changes you want, and exporting them as swf's, and building some html pages to load them."

I gather, from the above, that SWF files are constructed
using FLA files. So, even if you have deleted the SWF file
from your computer, the FLA file [whatever that is] must be around somewhere?

Then again, if you have the file uploaded to your
A/F webshell, why can't you simply view the file
from that location and then save it to your computer,
as you would any other file...?

Another thought: I'm surprised that Angelfire allows
the use of SWF files on their homepages, since that particular file format is subject to virus infection.

Read the following from the Symantech site:

"ACTS.LFM.926 is a virus that is capable of infecting Shockwave Flash (.swf) files. The virus uses the ActionScript scripting language (which is supported by Shockwave Flash) to create a DOS executable named V.COM in the same folder as the one from which the already infected Flash movie is being executed. This file is then executed by the virus, and it infects other Shockwave Flash files that are in the same folder."

Tuesday, 25 October 2005 - 11:47 AM EDT

Name: dalleh
Home Page: http://www.globalscape.com/

use ftp to download it, if you don't have ftp. get trial one from here cuteftp http://www.globalscape.com/

to login use
host: ftp.angelfire.com

your id and password to angelfire

View Latest Entries