Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Friday, 2 December 2005
Issues
Mood:  irritated
I just started creating my website. At first I created a template using the HTML Library. I wanted to include a blog on my main page so I created one and now it's overided my main page.

I just want a page that includes links to whatever I want, photos and a blog. Any suggestions? Should I just include these on a blog? Can you include a link to pictures on a blog? I'm sure you can.

Also, whenever I sign in it takes me to the registration page and I have to go through the registration all over again. I've clicked on the link in the welcome email. ???

TFYH

Posted by Jeryn at 3:40 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post

Saturday, 3 December 2005 - 11:44 AM EST

Name: cw

If you set things up right you can have a web page and include a link to your blog.

It sounds like you did not create a subdirectory to contain your blog so that it was published to your root or main directory. It should not have overwritten your web page though if you used the AF blog builder. Blog pages here are saved as index.blog. Web pages used as defaults would be uploaded as index.html or index.htm. Only pages and files with the *exact* same name would be overwritten.

Chances are your web page is still floating around at your account so check your web shell. If it is not named index.htm or index.html as i suspect, then rename it- but make sure to rewrite any links back to it on other pages after changing it's name.

Blog vs web page is a matter of personal preference. I'd vote for a web page with a link to your blog. Web pages are easier to navigate than your blog will be in time. And yes you can link images in your blog.

re registration- sounds to me like a cookie issue. Make sure you allow cookies and that they are allowed to live beyond the current browser session. Also check fire walls and security settings so that when building, AF is seen as a trusted site.

View Latest Entries