Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Sunday, 15 May 2005
not working
Mood:  irritated
Now Playing: ?
i made a website i saved it then previewed it and saw it didnt come out right.please help.

Posted by punk5/kaivon at 10:25 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Question web page
Mood:  not sure
Topic: HTML Questions
I'm trying to build a web page (newbie). I hit advance/converter and now it will not let me edit the page.
How can I delete and begin anew?

Plus when I previewed I noticed none of the colors only white background and black fonts.

It did not show the favorite links only the descriptions.

Is there anyone there who has done a genealogy web page that I might take a look at theirs to get ideas?

Thanks,

Posted by falcon2/l_cari at 10:23 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 14 May 2005

Mood:  irritated
can i link my site https://www.angelfire.com/goth2/eternal_dark
to my blog
https://www.angelfire.com/goth2/eternal_dark/musicblog
because i tried it the normal way and it doesnt work

Posted by goth2/eternal_dark at 2:10 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
How do I change panelbackground on my blog?
Mood:  a-ok
Now Playing: news
How do I change the color of my control panel if that's allowed?

Posted by Holli at 8:00 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 13 May 2005
Hi I need blog help please
This is what I'm dealing with. I tried to go into my BLOG ADVANCED SETTINGS TO MAIN LAYOUT to add a background to my blog and this is what happened the next day when I went to change my background... This has been like this for a week...

https://www.angelfire.com/fl5/afloridagal/sample.html

I was told it should be fixed by today but I'm a little anxious...

Thanks in advance...
Holli

Posted by Holli at 6:14 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (10) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 11 May 2005
embed/loop problem
Mood:  quizzical
For background sound on my website, I have an "embed" code with "loop=true." This should play the item continuously. However, it usually plays once, then has an ugly pause of 20-30 seconds, during which the mouse command is frozen. Then, it starts again, freeing the mouse. On occasion, it may play two or three times in a row, then again, it may pause. Is there anything I can do to have it play really continuously? Thanks for any help. Lou. (This blog seems to attract only super-nice people, this gives me the courage to ask a question.)

Posted by mt/ollgf at 9:52 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (9) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Wednesday, 11 May 2005 9:54 PM EDT
Help!!!
HI all im new to angelfire and need help big time. okay anyone help out there would be appreciated! so here i go. first do i need to register a domain name to save it ? i only did the one time set up fee and the the monthly payment.
2nd for instance my website name is www.pinkpenny.net and it redirects to myangelfire page but how to i get my angelfire homepage built? now i did set up a photo album with my store info - is there anyway to get the redirection to my album???

i know this is alot please help and feel free to email me at pinkpennyinfo@aol.com thanks!

Posted by art3/pinkpennyny at 7:03 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post

Does any one know the script to add a return link. I want to add link a page to return back my home page?

Posted by Kim at 4:33 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
automatic E-mail
How do I add an automatic E-mail return link?

In other words, If I want to automatically send an E-mail to someone who has viewed my website or sign in as a guest or using a password. They will be required to enter their E-mail address and password to enter my website.

I have visited other websites where I used my E-mail address and password to enter their website, then I get an E-Mail from them, thanking me for visiting their website.

Posted by va3/search at 9:48 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Wednesday, 11 May 2005 4:35 PM EDT
Tuesday, 10 May 2005

Does anyone here promote your site? What are the best ones you have found!

Posted by Kim at 10:16 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Mood:  blue
I am try to put a short video on my web page,
can you look at it. I upload it and it works on
the webshell. But it does not work on the site.
Can you please tell me what is worry? I am not
that good on computer. Can you write what I
need to write with my video in it.

https://www.angelfire.com/musicals/dvdmovies

Email Tshirtwmn@charter.net

Thanks
Helen

Posted by musicals/dvdmovies at 9:37 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (19) | Permalink | Share This Post
can I have files available for download
I am trying to build a site for my band
I uploaded a zipped mp3 and when I tried to download
it, it said

"Angelfire does not allow downloading
of certain file types to protect
visitors from computer viruses."

I can't find suppoted file types in the help section.

is there anyway I can have an mp3 for download?

thanks

Posted by al4/11thhourearwig at 3:33 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Adding a graphic
Mood:  a-ok
Now Playing: Trying to center a graphic.
Ok
I have been trying to add a center graphic to my website without trying to add tables and frames. It's not working. Something simple might be missing that I'm over looking.
I'd like to add a graphic in the middle of my page. Right of the menu and above the tag board... I hope someone can help me.

http://www.afloridagal.com

Posted by Holli at 2:54 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post

Mood:  lazy
My page shows a counter error. I went to my webshell and everything looks right. I just upgraded. Does this happen often? How do I get the counter to work?

Posted by Kim at 12:39 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post

Mood:  happy
Topic: FrontPage
I registered my site www.mastercpu.net through Frontpage. But i cant seem to know how i could add my site on any search engine over the web. ex if i serach on yahoo search engine it tells me that mastercpu.net isnt available. What should i do??

Any help would be great. and any other details u think would be good for my site.

Shadi

Posted by un/master_cpu at 10:57 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

https://www.angelfire.com/ia/Burlington/

Above is the ULR I was talking about, but a slide show would be cool too! Do you know how to do that? Is it easy?

Posted by Kim at 7:29 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (11) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 9 May 2005
How to back up website.
Mood:  quizzical
I searched the angelfire Help sites, no luck. I wish to back up my website,because the other day the webshell index.html was inexplicably wiped out (after uploading images, it was empty). Now, re-building it, I better back it up frequently. What's that with FTP? Can anybody kindly offer some advice? Thanks. Lou.

Posted by mt/ollgf at 11:16 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (10) | Permalink | Share This Post

Mood:  not sure
Hey I was looking at other angelfire sites and I saw a page that had running pictures through it. Does anyone know how to do that and is it easy? Who can I find out how to do it.

Thanks for all your help.

Posted by Kim at 11:13 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post

Mood:  energetic
I am not sure how to start a new paragraph. We I am in the Photo Album builder it looks great but as soon as I hit save everything is one big Para. Is there a trick?

Posted by Kim at 8:45 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
My opinion
I have visited a few sites. The feature I like on these sites are when I get an instant message asking if I need help to talk to the web maker click yes and we'll be talking through Im.
I know Angelfire probably doesn't have the man power for that. But I think durring the hours that you work it would be kind of neat to have so that you feel like with the domains, its more personable. But it was just a thought.

Posted by Holli at 9:11 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older