Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Wednesday, 11 May 2005
automatic E-mail
Topic: HTML Questions
How do I add an automatic E-mail return link?

In other words, If I want to automatically send an E-mail to someone who has viewed my website or sign in as a guest or using a password. They will be required to enter their E-mail address and password to enter my website.

I have visited other websites where I used my E-mail address and password to enter their website, then I get an E-Mail from them, thanking me for visiting their website.

Posted by va3/search at 9:48 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Wednesday, 11 May 2005 4:35 PM EDT

Wednesday, 11 May 2005 - 11:28 AM EDT

Name: cw

There's no way you can determine the email address of a visitor. You can't mail them unless they've given you their email address and then you'd have to trust that it's a real address.

Many people won't leave an email address just anywhere because of privacy concerns and the potential for spam and viruses. You may decrease GB signings if it's a required field for entries.

Why not just send them to a thank you page or use a popup message on submit? Most people get more email than they can handle and would probably appreciate a little less.

Wednesday, 11 May 2005 - 1:11 PM EDT

Name: mamagoo

the gear guesbook has the option to auto send a thank you reply, and you can use your own words in that reply, but that happens only when they sign the guestbook and they leave their e-mail

http://htmlgear.lycos.com/

the only way this can happen is if you use a form that the visitor fills out, and the form is scripted to auto reply a message to the visitor who fills it out.....

search google for a java script that will do that....

but as cw mentioned many people won't leave a return addy for fear of spam.

Wednesday, 11 May 2005 - 10:39 PM EDT

Name: dalleh

or maybe it is one of those scripts that the visiter sends h/im/er self a thank you email.

View Latest Entries