Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Tuesday, 21 October 2008
Pictures
Mood:  irritated
Topic: Image Questions

Im Shawnee and im 16 yrs old.

I just started my agelfire thingy and every time I put a pic up a press preview, it wont show. It only shows the little box with the "x" in it. And whenever I right-click and press "show picture", it still wont show up.

Ughhh!!!!

Its soooo irritating!

Posted by straightupdrama at 6:59 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (24) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 19 October 2008
Carpet Repair
Mood:  a-ok
Now Playing: Carpet repair and restretching
Topic: FrontPage

I am 73 yrs young, and have been a carpet installer for over 40 yrs.

I can do small jobs of installing, but I mostly do repairs on seams, and

restretching loose installed carpets. I only work in the San Fernando Valley

area of Los Angeles, Ca. My phone number is:

818-780-7466

rug-b@hotmail.com

Posted by rugbug77 at 5:03 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 6 October 2008
I just want to edit my Angelfire page.
Mood:  sad
Now Playing: https://www.angelfire.com/scifi/B205/

I have had my B-205 webpage on angelfire for years.  It seems tht since Lycos and Angelfire merged(?) that I have not been able to modify my page at:

https://www.angelfire.com/scifi/B205/

When I login to Angelfire, it says my webpage is:

http://brewerstan.angelfire.com/

I can not change it to my B-205 page, and I need to update that page.  I have a ticket open with lycos customer support, bu so far, no results.

Stan ( I just want to update my page!)

Posted by brewerstan at 8:33 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (9) | Permalink | Share This Post
IE ad displacement issue (Lycos Customer Service response)
Mood:  a-ok
Topic: HTML Questions
Over the weekend, some Angelfire membership sites experienced problems due to a glitch with one of our advertiser’s code which serves the Ad Banners.  The issue caused the site content to not display within the page.

We were able to resolve the issue early Monday morning and our member sites should now be displaying correctly within the Internet Explorer Browser.   Sites were working OK within Firefox, the issue was contained to Internet Explorer Browsers viewing only.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused some of our members and their visitors.

Please feel free to visit our help site at http://help.lycos.com to submit a membership support ticket (or email support@support.lycos.com) for further assistance should your membership site continue to experience a display issue.

Sincerely,

Bill

Lycos Customer Service

Posted by blog/community at 2:57 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 5 October 2008
Ad Supported Sites are not loading correctly using Internet Explorer

Your page loads, but then an ad banner comes in and your content goes away.  Your site will be ok once that ad banner is removed.  It has to be done by Lycos and I would not expect them to fix it until Monday.

If you want to view your ad supported site before Lycos can fix the ad serving that code, you will have to use a Mozilla browser like Netscape or Firefox etc...

IE utilizes ActiveX and Mozilla does not.  That bad banner is taking advantage of the  ActiveX scripting in IE.  Your sites contents code is being out done by the ad serving that banner and this  keeps your page content from staying above it.

Your Site will be fine and will return to viewing correctly in IE once Lycos can get to correct the ad serving that code.

I'm sure they will be hit with many support tickets on Monday and they should get to it rather quickly. Hope fully!  

If you have regular visitors to your site you could inform them to use a Mozilla Browser. 

~mamaG~

Posted by mamaG at 1:48 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 1 October 2008
Help with form-handler email...
Now Playing: Help with form-handler email...

Can anyone help with this problem???... I have a simple form that I'm trying to use to test the form handler email in Angelfire...

But every time I click Submit, here's what I get:

"Oops!
We can only accept forms that come from a Angelfire URL. Sorry! "

Does anyone know what that means???...

Here is my code... i found it on the web and cut and pasted it into my Angelfire directory... ANY suggestions/corrections welcome... I'm new to web pages and cgi sooooooooo... I can always use help and direction...

<html>

<FORM ACTION="/cgi-bin/script_library/form_handler_mail" METHOD=POST>
<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="email_to" VALUE="myemail@myisp.com">

<textarea name=body cols="40">
This is a test of sending email from an HTML page.
</textarea>

<input type="submit" value="Send Feedback">
</form>
<body>

</body>
</html>

Thanks...

Posted by nflbl at 9:22 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 28 September 2008
Html Editor is Down
I cannot use the Html Editor, it comes up blank.  Now anything saved before today does show code when I bring up the Html Editor, the posts for Sept 27 and before are OK
The Post for  Sept 28 has this problem AND
I cannot write anymore posts now as well,
When I try to save them I get a "you must put text in the post" error message.
So it looks like everything is down now as far as writing new posts the last one must just have made it under the wire
This is not browser specific I have tried Avant, IE7, And Firefox 3.0
My Op system is XP Pro

Posted by ky/kentuckydan at 5:01 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 15 September 2008
Discussion walls

Is it possible to insert discussion walls where people visiting the website can post stuff when using angel fire webshell?

ASAP please... this is for an assignment shortly due

Posted by kayshini at 2:00 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Html

How can I insert my own bit of html when using websshell?

ASAP please... this is for an assignment that is shortly due.

Posted by kayshini at 1:58 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 12 September 2008
Why am I having trouble loading the website?
I have a website which I've been able to edit, add information, and logon to many times. Recently, after editing, and previewing, the website will not open when the web address is clicked on. The preview is perfect but when I try to bring the website up on the Internet it just opens to the green background. I'm on a Mac but that shouldn't change anything. The web address is http://icc-baltimore.angelfire.com. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Posted by icc-baltimore at 8:39 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (10) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Friday, 12 September 2008 8:42 PM EDT
Anyone know how to make a 1-of-a-kind item shopping cart?
Mood:  caffeinated
Topic: CGI scripts

I've been selling on Ebay for a while and the fees are killing me! I've been trying to make my own website to sell some of my things from off-Ebay to cut down on some of the fees, sort of like an Ebay store(not to mention Ebay has become something of a fascist regime towards sellers!). Can anyone tell me how to make a shopping cart-type setup that caters to one-of-a-kind merchandise? What I mean is, say if I have an old toy listed for sale and someone wants to buy it, they can click on the paypal/shopping cart button and the item will be placed in their cart, but it will also no longer be available for anyone else to purchase, unless the potential buyer changes their mind and leaves the site, removes it from their cart, etc, and then it will become no longer available for sale after payment has been made, similar to how half.com works. I found the script on the angelfire build page for adding paypal buttons, but I don't want to sell the same thing 12 times before I can remove it for sale from the site. I'm semi-experienced with html but I'm a quick learner, I just haven't found a script yet that can do this. I'm also willing to pay someone if they can help me create something simple that can do all of this for me for a reasonable price. I have a basic site built at the moment, the URL linked to my angelfire site is grandeillusions.com if anyone wants to see what I've done so far.

Thanks in advance!

T.R.

Posted by games3/TRZ at 11:57 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (7) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 9 September 2008
hepl making a website for class project
i'm making a website for class using the free angelfire account can anybody please help me. i have only the background and the a title. i need to and links and pictures and text. can someone dumb down this process?

Posted by ddawson3 at 10:58 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
How do I get my blog to the community
Mood:  not sure
Now Playing: National Healthcare Through Medicare

2008-09-09 22:23:24 My blog is not listed as available to the community.

How do I get it listed?  The name of the blog is National Healthcare.

Ben Podgor, Atlanta Ga.

Posted by benjaminpodgor at 10:26 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (13) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 28 August 2008
Simple question about HTML Forms--can someone help?
Mood:  quizzical
Now Playing: www.angelfire.com/scifi/artbyjohn

Since I can't get any help from the tech support people, I was hoping someone who knows their HTML could help me!

I've  run a website here for 6 years for my comic book publishing company.   We used to have a form that collected information from our visitors, and when they hit the submit button, it would thank them for their comments, and the results of their form would be sent to my e-mail address.

This form doesn't work anymore---information is never e-mailed to me.   Can someone tell me what sort of command WOULD send me an e-mail containing the forms filled out by my visitors?

Below is the script I've been using successfully for the past 2 years, but it just stopped functioning recently, no matter how how many times I try to make it work.   Any help would be appreciated!

Sincerely

John  (www.screamingmonkeycomics.com)   

<FORM ACTION="/bin/script_library/form_handler_file" METHOD=POST>

What's your name?
    <INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="visitor_name"><BR>

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="end_display" VALUE="https://www.angelfire.com/scifi/artbyjohn/Page99.html">
    <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="required" VALUE="email">
<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="email_to" VALUE="screamerboy23@hotmail.com">
    <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="order" VALUE="name, email">
    <INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="Submit">

</FORM>

Posted by scifi/artbyjohn at 7:10 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (12) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 27 August 2008
Web Shell
Hello...  I just joined Angelfire and am using the Web Shell to build my website. I want to upload images however there is no image prompt in the directory that I can click to to upload my pictures.  According to the directions there should be one. Can someone help me out with this?. Thanks so much..Marguerite

Posted by margareiki at 8:02 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 23 August 2008
Image help??
Topic: Image Questions

Hi folks:

Images in "http://catuse.angelfire.com" won't display. I don't even get a red X. I am using:

Angelfire Version: Angelfire Free

Web Browser: FireFox 3.0.1

FTP Tool: FireFTP 1.0.2

Web site: http://catuse.angelfire.com/index.htm

Graphics directory: http://catuse.angelfire.com/graphics

Why is this???

Thanks.

Posted by catuse at 12:38 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
Discarding ads by Google

Ever wonder how to get rid of those stupid "Ads by Google" on your site? Simply add the following tag to the <head> of your site:

<style type='text/css'>

<!--

iframe {

display:none

}

-->

</style>

Posted by catuse at 12:29 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 22 August 2008
My Angelfire Counter Doesn't Count Everyone
Mood:  not sure
Now Playing: My Angelfire Counter Doesn't Count Everyone

Hi!!
I installed a counter on my site (http://bluezone111.angelfire.com) but it doesn't count everyone who visits the site. My counter goes up 2 but my page views total 9. I read the Help Forums and it says it counts people who only go to the front page and includes HTML gear (ie: my counter) but I still get the same problem.

Any ideas why my hit counter only counts some people but not everyone the page views get?? I clicked on my own site and it counts but not everyone who visits. Why is that??

ScoDer

Posted by bluezone111 at 11:17 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 18 August 2008

Hey everyone! I just wanted to say that my website Darth Leon Customs is now up and running.  You can see it at www.darthleoncustoms.com.

There you can see all my past and present custom action figures.  but that's not all, there is Star Wars, Gi Joe, Marvel Legends, transformers, movies, dvd, music, sports, basically anything and everything.

Hope that you will find the time to stop by www.darthleoncustoms.com.

Thanks

Leon

Posted by planet/darthleon_customs at 4:38 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 14 August 2008
page cant' be found on web sites
Hello!! I tried to find my html page online, the directory keeps saying an error 404 can't find page. I would like to know what I am doing wrong?
Thanks to whomever can help. :)

Posted by souljedi at 2:57 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older