Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Friday, 22 August 2008
My Angelfire Counter Doesn't Count Everyone
Mood:  not sure
Now Playing: My Angelfire Counter Doesn't Count Everyone
Topic: HTML Questions

Hi!!
I installed a counter on my site (http://bluezone111.angelfire.com) but it doesn't count everyone who visits the site. My counter goes up 2 but my page views total 9. I read the Help Forums and it says it counts people who only go to the front page and includes HTML gear (ie: my counter) but I still get the same problem.

Any ideas why my hit counter only counts some people but not everyone the page views get?? I clicked on my own site and it counts but not everyone who visits. Why is that??

ScoDer

Posted by bluezone111 at 11:17 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post

Saturday, 23 August 2008 - 4:00 AM EDT

Name: "anonymous"

Hi,

Maybe you should try another counter? Search "Free counter" @ Google, and give one of them a try.

Monday, 25 August 2008 - 8:27 AM EDT

your counter seems to work fine. It increments every time I reload your home page. Your hit counter only counts views of your home page. Page views are the count for visits to all pages at your site, not just your home page.  A visitor to your home page might view several pages at your site so one hit may equal many more page views.

Tuesday, 26 August 2008 - 5:41 AM EDT

My suggestion of trying another type of counter, was actually referring to the more elaborate type of hit counters, which record the hits on every page; like, for instance, the free counter available at webstat.com

View Latest Entries