Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Saturday, 1 January 2005
NEED EXTREAME HELP
Mood:  loud
Topic: HTML Questions
hi im Nadia and my site is www.angelfire.com/crazy3/bestfriends98 and i have a question... i dont know how to add stuff by myself i have all the web sites but angelfire wont let me why and please someone give me info my email is ilovehotpink34@yaho.com or nadiakatbeh@yahoo.com thanks! bye!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by crazy3/bestfriends98 at 3:42 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 31 December 2004
Dilemma with sound
Mood:  a-ok
Hi Guys can anyone tell me why I cant seem to hear any music on my site?
It was ok before but since I have not visited it for a long time I was shocked no sound on it.
Thanks
Chris

Posted by Christine at 10:37 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 30 December 2004
Subdomains
Mood:  chillin'
Now Playing: Never Scared (Remix) - Bonecrusher
Okay.. now that my domain is working fine (thanks for the help, dalleh), I am working with subdomains. I figured that you have to screate a subdirectory in the webshell, which i did: boneyard. So then i created a subdomain called boneyard with my domain name to have it be boneyard.domainname.net ... and I assigned the subdomain to that subdirectory of the same name. My question is.. does this also take time to show up on the web like when i registered my domain name? Or do I need to do soemthing else as well when I go to my boneyard.domanname.net web address. Oh yeah, just to be on the safe side, I uploaded an index.html page to the boneyard subdirectory. When i type in the angelfire address, it works fine, but not when I type in the domain name address. Help!

Posted by ia3/dlsweb3000 at 7:16 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post

Mood:  not sure
how do i get info onto the links i created?

Posted by anime6/inuyasha70 at 4:55 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Topic: Image Questions
Hi there. I am new here. I have a question. I am trying to get rollover image on my webpage. Which it works in dreamweaver but here i am trying to edit the code but its not working. i use to know how to do it but i forgot..please someone help me.

Posted by ultra2/priyanka at 1:42 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 29 December 2004
Link Problem
Mood:  cool
Now Playing: Good Day Live
Hi Everybody-
Im back... Can someone please tell me whats going on? I was adding my links to my domain on my main website. And when I went to them, there wasn't anything on the page. When I went through the webshell, there was my layout. I copied and pasted the url of my domain in there over and over. Never had this problem before. I pretty much double check my html before going nuts. However, Im going nuts lol. If you can take a link: and go to http://www.afloridagal.com and then click on my dollhouse and see if you can see anything would be greatly appreciated. On the dollhouse page should be a black background and two pictures of my dollhouse I'll be starting on. With a text area box above that. Feel free to email me at Holli@afloridagal.com Im going back to check my site before I totally go nuts, thanks!

Posted by Holli at 12:19 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Lost identity
Mood:  d'oh
My son started an Angelfire website but, unfortunately, lost the piece of paper with his member name and password on it. He'd rather not start over and lose all he's done to the page. How can he get the information from Angelfire not knowing his member name? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Posted by md/setupspage at 12:12 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
I was wondering if anyone would like to help me make my zelda site.
Now Playing: What is this space for exactly?
This is my first time creating a website and I know next to nothing about HTML. On top of that I have horrible picture editing software (not that I am any good at editing pictures in the first place). I want my site to look good cause I'm a HUGE Zelda fan and I would like to have a nice site with lots of visitors. It would also be nice to get people that know alot about the Zelda games and has beaten some (preferably all) of the Zelda games.

Posted by games5/hyrulianparadise at 12:23 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 28 December 2004

Mood:  on fire
Now Playing: guestgear
ok i was just over there made a new poll now it doesn't show up at my site nor can i get back in gear manger giving me 500 internal server

what just happen?

Posted by wrestling3/jman_22 at 11:48 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Editing
Mood:  down
I created my webpages using Dreamweaver and due to computer problems, I lost it all and am trying to do some editing to my pages. I'm having problems getting my pages on the remote side of Dreamweaver and thus, can't get connected and revisions uploaded to Angelfire. Is anybody familiar with Dreamweaver that would be able to help me? Thanks, PS I didn't pick a topic, because none of those listed really fit my question. (I'm down cause I can't get this figured out.)

Posted by fm/genealogy at 9:06 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
using stuff from the script library on payed accounts
They only seem to work if i use the URL I used to use before i got my domain name (angelfire.com/blah/w.e1237) but when I do it on my domain name (jokesngames.com) I get wierd errors. why is this? is this something wrong with angelfire?

Posted by theforce/24220 at 5:40 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Downloading whole directories/files
I was wondering if there is any way to download whole directories or specific files. What I mean is, is there any way to download files onto your computer without viewing every file and saving to your desktop.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help with this!

Posted by theforce/24220 at 5:34 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 27 December 2004
Those blasted sound loops...
Now Playing: Stan-Eminem
*sigh*... I have been trying for a very long time to get a mp3 to loop in the background of my site. Yes, I have successfully uploaded it and it is definately on my site... I have used the EMBED and BGSOUND CODE but nothing seems 2 work... does anyone have any idea what i'm doing wrong... and YES i have put the parameters on too

Posted by yoshiary at 1:48 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (7) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 26 December 2004
HELP!!
Mood:  irritated
Topic: FrontPage
I so need help! I just signed up for Krypton and registered my domain and everything.. I'd been using the free service for years now so basically I guess I am a little confused. I was expecting a webshell for my domain name but instead I get the webshell for my old user name and the same pages are still up and whatnot. How do I start building a website for my new domain name??

Posted by ia3/dlsweb3000 at 7:00 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
nubbeeeee
hey can anybody tell me how to upload songs onto this thing...?!!? thnx lolz =]

Posted by dragon2/blakplague617 at 12:48 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 24 December 2004
No Images
Mood:  chillin'
Topic: Image Questions
I seem to be having problems viewing images on my personal web page others can see images when they go to my web page but I can't. What can I do to correct this because it is very frustrating. Any help will be greatly appreciated...Whenever I go to my web page I can see the banners across the top and bottom but none of the images or sounds that were created are coming through...

Posted by jazz/stinger845 at 10:43 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 23 December 2004
help me
Mood:  crushed out
hi friends i m new here just singned and i dont know how to get started HELP ME PLEASE..

Posted by blog2/dheeraj at 2:55 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 22 December 2004
Lost my files
Mood:  accident prone
Now Playing: Help Please
Topic: FrontPage
While loading from front page to a subdirectory in my site. I have wiped out my whole site. Does anyone know if angelfire keeps a back of our files and if so how long back and at that would they reinstate it to an earlier date.
please send all replies to javanreza@yahoo.com

help please

Posted by biz2/autoexpo2 at 1:21 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
the java scrip library
Mood:  caffeinated
the java scrip library sucks, i know java sometimes is a pain in the ass, but im sick and tired than sometimes it works amd most of the times not, the scroer text in stus bar not works on my server but in the other sometimes and some other times theres an error scrip, but i had check that lots of times and is not error programig...

Posted by moon/mooncity at 3:07 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
music and videos online
Mood:  caffeinated
hi everyone, my site will be worst if i dont put music and videos online but i dont know exactly why cause i tryed with java but its a paint in the a**, you know so someone can help me how?

atte:
edge jr

my site:
https://www.angelfire.com/moon/mooncity/index.htm

ill put later the english version

Posted by moon/mooncity at 2:33 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older