Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Wednesday, 19 January 2005
Help with uploading videos.
Mood:  irritated
I can't find out how to upload my movies. Anyone know?

Posted by rpg2/mei2700 at 6:25 PM EST | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
Help with uploading videos.
I can't find out how to upload my movies. Anyone know?

Posted by rpg2/mei2700 at 6:25 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 18 January 2005
cant upload images
Now Playing: what is going on?
trying to upload pics to my site and they come into my images file with a size of 0?? i was able to upload them earlier today. also, why is everything running so slow the last couple of days. yesterday it took me forever to save a page, kept timing out. didnt have problems on any other site. i cant afford these delays i have a business to run!!

Posted by ill/mamasbakerybarn at 11:14 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
help
Topic: HTML Questions
can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong with my new angelfire website. The changes that I make to the index page are not reflected on my website site. For instance when I go to my domain (www....com)The original home page that I created comes up. but when i go to another page and then back to the "home" page it shows the edited home page that I have been working on. I know it has something to do with my domain registry but I can't figure out how to make it go my index page in weshell.

Posted by pokemon2/tekiosan at 7:00 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
I'm new
I just opened my first blog at https://www.angelfire.com/alt2/huffmaster/wesley/ .
I just wanted to advertise, becuase otherwise no one may ever see it. I'm looking for some interaction, maybe some good discussions. If anyone is interested please post a comment on my site. thanks,
wes

Posted by wes at 5:50 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Linking to Images Hosted on Angelfire
Mood:  lyrical
Now Playing: Playing what?
Topic: Image Questions
I want to create a page with images on another site but I want to host the images on angelfire. (I think this is called remote image hosting?) I have the free angelfire version and when I try to do that it won't show the images it just says "Image hosted at Angelfire" or something like that.

How do I get it to pull up the image? I read that I may have to upgrade to a paying plan. Does anyone know if that is true? If I upgrade to the Neon $4.95 a month plan would I be able to host images at angelfire but be able to pull them up on another site?

Thanks
Grace

Posted by fang/gracegsx at 5:37 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Add a link to Photo Album
This is how to add a link to the Photo Album.
Put the code this way in the Caption area. it looks backward but that's the way to do it.

(/a>(a href=../index.html>Home Page

Posted by dalleh at 3:03 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
what do i do to get more affects on my website
Mood:  flirty
what do i do to get more affects and cool stuff on my website because i am doing an online science fair project and it has to be on a website so i thought i would need to have cool affects and other things so could someone please help me thanx

Posted by dc2/rheindel at 1:57 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Please Help
PLEASE HELP ME I WAS WONDERING HOW TO CHECK OUT OTHER PEOPLES PAGES BUT I CANT FIGURE IT OUT!!!!!! AND IT'S PISSING ME OFF SOMEONE HELP ME
LAYLA

Posted by wy2/layla at 11:49 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Index page keeps getting deleted
Mood:  blue
I'm going crazy here. I've maintained my site for over 3 years and never had a problem. Now suddenly I go into my index page, make some edits, preview (page looks fine), hit save and when I return to the webshell it shows my index.html page as being 0.00 k. I can go back in (the page is completely blank except for the body and html tags) copy my code back in, preview (again looks fine), save and the file is empty again. I've tried uploading the saved page with a different name, but as soon as it uploads - the new file is also empty. What's going on?! Please help. Janet www.angelfire.com/tx3/nhd ishi72@hal-pc.org

Posted by tx3/nhd at 12:01 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 17 January 2005
Links aren't working but pages uploaded.....
Yeah, certain pages are uploaded and the url from the navigation page changes them from say https://www.angelfire.com/music6/mitrox/Random_Crap.htm to https://www.angelfire.com/music6/mitrox/Random%20Crap.htm. Why is this happening when I never put that into the navigation bar and the file is uploaded probably. Please help. Either post here or e-mail me at mittheband@yahoo.com. Thx.

Posted by music6/mitrox at 3:06 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 16 January 2005
Need help with the ads.
I was using pop-ups as ads. I changed it to banners. Now I can't change it back and I now have a banner at the top and bottom of each page. I've looked all over Angelfire to find a way to change it back. Where it gave me a choice to change to banners will not give me a choice to change to pop-ups. Does anyone know how I can change back to pop-ups or if it can be done once you do this??

Posted by wv/yesterdaysgirl at 2:01 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Ads OVER my blog content
Here is the link to my blog:

https://www.angelfire.com/theforce2/rainbowrag-fiction/blog/

Why does the banner ad (which should be at the bottom)appear OVER my calendar at the top? I just created the blog and the banner ad defaults to there for some reason. Can I change it somehow?

Thanks!

Posted by Harley at 10:14 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Hheeellllppp!
Hi,

I need some help figuring out how to put a link to my homepage on my photo album pictures. My family told me that they have to click back all the way to the homepage. I just wanted to add a link so it would make their life easier. Can anyone help me? Get back to me asap.

Posted by ms3/dwayne_hayley at 4:03 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 15 January 2005
Upcoming Angelfire
In case you haven't seen it, the Angelfire team has posted a preview of the "new" Angelfire up at https://www.angelfire.lycos.com/doc/preview/, though only a handful of screenshots are provided so far.

The big bullet points:

1. Zones are being retired in favor of a "site directory". (The screenshot of the directory is an older version. The new one should be somewhat more useful.)

2. Information like disk utilization, what your subscription plan is, etc. are all displayed on the homepage when you are logged in.

3. The AF team has a place to post things like maintenance notifications... though the last time we went on scheduled maintenance was two years ago and we've also not had any major site problems in months. (*knock-on-wood*)

4. And it just plain *looks different*.

This will be coming to an Angelfire near you in the next month. If you have any comments about the new design, please leave a comment here and they will be passed along to the team. (Of course, it's hard to really tell these things until the site is live and you can click around on it.)

Posted by blog/jrp34 at 10:47 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Link Bar does not show when I upload from FrontPage to Angelfire
Mood:  not sure
On some of my pages, my link bar does not show on my website after I upload my pages from FrontPage to Angelfire. Therefore, my users are stuck using the back button all the time instead of simply being able to click on a button on my link bar. Is this due to some kind of conflict with the advertisements? What can I do to fix it?

ae0780@wayne.edu

Posted by freak2/bkmi at 7:06 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Saturday, 15 January 2005 7:16 PM EST
Friday, 14 January 2005
Uploading Info from Dreamweaver
Mood:  a-ok
Now Playing: Need uploading help
New Dreamweaver user here. I"m trying to set up my site definition so I can upload my pages to my Angelfire acct via Dreamweaver. Can anyone help me out with these questions: 1. How do you connect to remote server: I feel confident to say FTP as it's from home on a dialup service 2. What is the hostname or FTP Address of your server? (Is it just Angelfire) 3. What folder do you want to store your files in. (I don't store my files in folders in my angelfire webshell since it's small. Do I now have to create folders in my webshell to house them? If so, doesn't that affect my links in my pages?) 4. What is your FTP Login (Is this my angelfire address as in pa3/autoimmunedisease) 5. What is your FTP password? Assuming this is my Angelfire password If anyone can steer me here I'd be much obliged. My address is eddyoy37@yahoo.com thanks much in advance

Posted by pa3/autoimmunedisease at 7:52 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Friday, 14 January 2005 7:52 PM EST
Angelfire Ads
Ok, I'm signed up for pop up ads on my angelfire account. However, I still have those stupid grey boxes at the top of the majority of my pages. You know four little ads in a row. I have a frames page and when they come up they mess up the whole look. However, the aren't there messing up my nav bar. They only appear in my main frame. My question is how did I some how get rid of them in my other frames and can I make them go away elsewhere?

If no one has an answer at least maybe angelfire will realize that signing up for pop up ads should mean they don't still put some form of banner ad on your page.

www.angelfire.com/darkside/wanderlust

Posted by darkside/wanderlust at 7:06 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Links!?
Mood:  vegas lucky
wanna swap links?? my site is for animation illustration comic art etc the address is www.angelfire.com/de3/ezromation

having links to many sites on your page makes your site look more important to the crawlers which explore your site, thus boosting your entry on search engines.
If you are interested please reply to this entry including your web address

Posted by de3/ezromation at 2:09 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Colored scrollbars
Hi All, I've been seeing a few pages that have a colored scrollbar as opposed to the regular grey ones. I think a black or blue one would really make my site look better. Does anyone know where to get code for these or how people get them. Thanks :)

www.angelfire.com/darkside/wanderlust

Posted by darkside/wanderlust at 10:12 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older