Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Saturday, 15 January 2005
Upcoming Angelfire
In case you haven't seen it, the Angelfire team has posted a preview of the "new" Angelfire up at https://www.angelfire.lycos.com/doc/preview/, though only a handful of screenshots are provided so far.

The big bullet points:

1. Zones are being retired in favor of a "site directory". (The screenshot of the directory is an older version. The new one should be somewhat more useful.)

2. Information like disk utilization, what your subscription plan is, etc. are all displayed on the homepage when you are logged in.

3. The AF team has a place to post things like maintenance notifications... though the last time we went on scheduled maintenance was two years ago and we've also not had any major site problems in months. (*knock-on-wood*)

4. And it just plain *looks different*.

This will be coming to an Angelfire near you in the next month. If you have any comments about the new design, please leave a comment here and they will be passed along to the team. (Of course, it's hard to really tell these things until the site is live and you can click around on it.)

Posted by blog/jrp34 at 10:47 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Link Bar does not show when I upload from FrontPage to Angelfire
Mood:  not sure
On some of my pages, my link bar does not show on my website after I upload my pages from FrontPage to Angelfire. Therefore, my users are stuck using the back button all the time instead of simply being able to click on a button on my link bar. Is this due to some kind of conflict with the advertisements? What can I do to fix it?

ae0780@wayne.edu

Posted by freak2/bkmi at 7:06 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Saturday, 15 January 2005 7:16 PM EST
Friday, 14 January 2005
Uploading Info from Dreamweaver
Mood:  a-ok
Now Playing: Need uploading help
Topic: HTML Questions
New Dreamweaver user here. I"m trying to set up my site definition so I can upload my pages to my Angelfire acct via Dreamweaver. Can anyone help me out with these questions: 1. How do you connect to remote server: I feel confident to say FTP as it's from home on a dialup service 2. What is the hostname or FTP Address of your server? (Is it just Angelfire) 3. What folder do you want to store your files in. (I don't store my files in folders in my angelfire webshell since it's small. Do I now have to create folders in my webshell to house them? If so, doesn't that affect my links in my pages?) 4. What is your FTP Login (Is this my angelfire address as in pa3/autoimmunedisease) 5. What is your FTP password? Assuming this is my Angelfire password If anyone can steer me here I'd be much obliged. My address is eddyoy37@yahoo.com thanks much in advance

Posted by pa3/autoimmunedisease at 7:52 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Friday, 14 January 2005 7:52 PM EST
Angelfire Ads
Ok, I'm signed up for pop up ads on my angelfire account. However, I still have those stupid grey boxes at the top of the majority of my pages. You know four little ads in a row. I have a frames page and when they come up they mess up the whole look. However, the aren't there messing up my nav bar. They only appear in my main frame. My question is how did I some how get rid of them in my other frames and can I make them go away elsewhere?

If no one has an answer at least maybe angelfire will realize that signing up for pop up ads should mean they don't still put some form of banner ad on your page.

www.angelfire.com/darkside/wanderlust

Posted by darkside/wanderlust at 7:06 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Links!?
Mood:  vegas lucky
wanna swap links?? my site is for animation illustration comic art etc the address is www.angelfire.com/de3/ezromation

having links to many sites on your page makes your site look more important to the crawlers which explore your site, thus boosting your entry on search engines.
If you are interested please reply to this entry including your web address

Posted by de3/ezromation at 2:09 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Colored scrollbars
Hi All, I've been seeing a few pages that have a colored scrollbar as opposed to the regular grey ones. I think a black or blue one would really make my site look better. Does anyone know where to get code for these or how people get them. Thanks :)

www.angelfire.com/darkside/wanderlust

Posted by darkside/wanderlust at 10:12 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 13 January 2005
"Posted By" as an HTML link
I am the manager of a multi-authored blog which will have a "magazine" feel to it. If I want to provide short biographies of all the writers, is there some way to make their name in the "Posted by" at the bottom be an HTML link which will go to their biography? If not, any other suggestions on how this can be accomplished?

Posted by Harley at 8:25 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
need staff
i need staff...well not really...just need ppl hu hab time to well...help me with my first site. any one!? *blink blink* anyone at all? even if you could just help me with some cool effects to my site....please!*me falls on knees* U_U;*tears in eyes* PLEASE!

Posted by blog2/sheeshamagurlie at 6:52 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
discussion page?
Mood:  a-ok
Is there a way i can create a discussion page on my website for all viewers to post on?

Posted by Charlie at 3:30 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 12 January 2005
Need Help
Topic: FrontPage
i have a problem, i wanted to rename a file, but then a other file was deleted, that was the file for my front page!! i had to do it again, but this time i have no front page file, i cant use a banner or i cant make partner links,... [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/gamecreature/probangelfire.bmp[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/gamecreature/prob2angelfire.bmp[/IMG]

Posted by GameCreature at 12:46 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Blog Topic Help
Mood:  caffeinated
Does anyone know of any way to keep the topic list of a blog in alphabetical order OTHER than knowing ahead of time every topic I might ever want to talk about and building the list from scratch in alphabetical order? As the control panel is now, you have no way to move the topic up or down (like you can in the 'add links' section so you can keep them in your preference of display order). Any ideas?

Also, are there any third party editors (would be great if FrontPage would work with blog building) that can be used to edit my blog instead of having to use the control panel?

Thanks!

Posted by Harley at 8:15 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 11 January 2005
MARY'S BABIES
Now Playing: ABOUT MY DOLL COLLECTION
Topic: FrontPage
HI MY NAME IS MARY I COLLECT DOLLS THAT LOOK LIKE BABIES. I STARTED ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO. I COULD NOT HAVE CHILDREN OF MY OWN SO I CONSIDER MY DOLLS MY CHILDREN. IF ANY ONE ELSE SHARES MY HOBBY I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM THEM crazy3/m_hale

Posted by crazy3/m_hale at 4:28 PM EST | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
several questions shopping cart, cgi-bin, paid account
i have been trying to add paypals shopping cart features to my already created website. i want to "integrate" it into my site, rather than using a different setup. if anyone is interested in helping me do this, i have the paypal script for the buttons i need and my bread page script i can send you. i would sure appreciate it. my site is www.mamasbakerybarn.com. another question i have is what is the cgi-bin for? and finally i have a paid account but when doing a google search for my site, the angelfire/ill/mamasbakerybarn account keeps coming up. how do i get the angelfire out of any association with me. nothing against angelfire, but that is one of the reasons i upgraded my account. if its going to direct back to the free account which than actually forwards to the paid site, why do i bother to pay for it??

Posted by ill/mamasbakerybarn at 12:06 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 10 January 2005
What is the code to refresh a vistor on another page?
Mood:  happy
Now Playing: https://www.angelfire.com/mo/stlcity/index.html
What is the code to refresh a vistor on another page?

sorry getting old and I forgot..

ty
marie

Posted by ME at 8:23 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 9 January 2005
Cannot log in
Mood:  chillin'
I cannot click on Log In where the bar reads "New User Signup Members Log In Lycos Home Site Map My Lycos Lycos Mail". I can click on none of those links. Also, where is the log out button anyway? Any ideas on why I cannot gain access to my area or other areas from that bar? Thank you kindly for any help you may render, and your time. Phylis J. K. Owens

Posted by fl5/joanhenry at 6:12 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Uploading
Mood:  don't ask
Now Playing: tryuing to upload
Topic: News
I want to upload filew to my homepage, but how? By ftp? (What is the server name?) By http? By both?

Regards,
johncharlesverbeek@zonnet.nl
https://www.angelfire.com/jazz/jcverbeek

Posted by jazz/jcverbeek at 3:34 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Having trouble upgrading!!
I've been trying to upgrade from a Neon to an Argon account, and quite honestly, I've been stuck for the past 45 minutes on this "Membership" page. It won't let me choose any Alias, so I can't progress any further into the "Payment" stage.

This is really pissing me off because I've been using every word that I can think of, in many variations, and it keeps coming back with "Someone has already chosen that Member Name. Please choose another Member Name below." Now, some of the aliases I've chosen, there's no way in hell that anyone could have or should have already used those.

I can't advance to the "Payment" or "Verify" sections until I do this. Is there any way I can progress without an Alias, since I don't use one anyway?

This quicker I get an answer to this one, the more I think I'll appreciate it. - Nate

Posted by tn2/arukuban at 11:46 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
getting really stressed out
Mood:  irritated
i have uploaded the song i wanted to post on my page...but its not working...
https://www.angelfire.com/ms3/lady_ruthless/sdapoun.wma

i need help..does the url look right??

Posted by ms3/lady_ruthless at 9:58 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 8 January 2005
Am I an Idiot?
Mood:  on fire
Now Playing: https://www.angelfire.com/mo/stlcity/Cams/live1.html
getting really pissed :(
i can not click on your links david, i signed up on your site, it knows its me because i am logged in.............
you said it was neat, i can not see it ugggggg...
when i clicked
http://www.dalleh.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Forms;action=display;num=1104985497;start=0#0

it takes me to the page and then says

An Error Has Occured!

You are not allowed to access this section.

i must be a duffus or however you spell the word.

Posted by ME at 12:10 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood:  not sure
HELP I don't know how to do this . i have the layout but don't know how to do it please help me IM me at demented_mistress@hotmail.com

Posted by goth2/bloody_tear at 12:03 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older