Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Friday, 13 August 2004
buttons not appearing
Mood:  don't ask
Topic: FrontPage
hi there,
i have publisehed my website. Its url:

angelfire.com/indie/hennaworld

but why are the buttons not appearing and why are the website borders not appearing. It was working until 3 days ago. Now the site looks incomplete.

Sincerely
altaf

Posted by indie/hennaworld at 4:22 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 12 August 2004
ACEI
I'm trying to set up a Message Board and a Guest Book on my website, however, I'm not sure where the information is sent to. Do I need to set up a file that contains the info sent by people on my site? Is there any way for the messages to appear instantly on the website on the same "Message Board" page?

Posted by super/acei at 11:17 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 11 August 2004
davey
Mood:  d'oh
i need some help setin up my own web page!

Posted by wizard2/davey at 4:08 PM EDT | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
Looking for a light blue or cyan background color... How do I set custom background color HTMLs?
Topic: HTML Questions
I am just starting to learn HTML, and was wondering about how to set a webpage background color and what colors are preset (i.e., blue, black, white, etc.) and whether you can set one by the color mix of Cyan, Green, Red, and Black and White?

Posted by poetry/dramaartwriting at 1:39 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Confused
Mood:  not sure
I have my domain name set up, but with angelfire it says it will be forwarded to my directory. I want mydomain to forward to a certain web page in my directoy, the .index page. How would I change that?

Posted by biz7/limitedsports at 8:29 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 10 August 2004
Can I retrieve my html,swfs off of my webpage?
I was just wondering if I can download my webpages back on to my computer so I can edit them. I see that I can only upload. Is there a soulition? Help!

Posted by fl5/tigergod at 10:51 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
midi troubles
Mood:  sad
Now Playing: now playing? what? i'm not in a theatre =/
Questshun. I tried to embed some midis onto my site, but i couldn't hear them when i previewed it. thinking it was my browser (firefox), i had other ppl visit, only to have them say they didn't hear music either. What am i missing here? =(

Posted by realm3/the-realm at 10:16 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Upgrade?
Mood:  not sure
I just upgraded my angelfire account that included the domain name. Nothing looks different and how do I set me web site to the domain name?

Thanks!

Posted by biz7/limitedsports at 6:09 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 9 August 2004
MY WEB STILL LOOKS THE SAME
By the way, if this is not the proper forum to post this, tell me and link me to the right place

thanks

Posted by rock3/david_garcia at 12:09 PM EDT | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
MY WEB STILL LOOKS THE SAME;,,,,,,,
OK I just logged in to angelfire to biuld a page so I can share some MP3 with my music (played by me, no copyright violations here)

So I go to web shells, and I upload the MP3's, the index file and a html file with the format and colors on the typoe fonts, but my page still looks the same that when I had nothing on it (but in fact i have, because the bar that measures the content yn my web is by the half.

Any help appreciated, thanks a lot. Here's the link if you still don't know what i'm talkin' about (english is not my first language)

www.angelfire.com/rock3/david_garcia

Posted by rock3/david_garcia at 12:02 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 8 August 2004
HELP ME ! I JUST OVERWROTE MY HOME PAGE FILE
Mood:  accident prone
Now Playing: And Another One Bites The Dust

oH, oh . . . BOY DID I SREW UP! I SURE HOPE SOME ONE OUT THERE HAS A RESOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM. I JUST FINISHED UPLOADING A NEW INDEX FILE TO MY WEBSITE (WEBSHELL DIRECTORY). Wanting to see that it loaded correctly, I clicked to VIEW it and received this red-letter prompt; "Because this file is not "HTML" it may not be accessible on some search engines".

So, dummy me decides, "I can remedy that. I'll just change it to an "html" file by renaming it!" So, dummy me did just that. The result was that I completely overwrote my original "index.html" file! Now when I paste my URL into my search address bar, instead of my website's home page, this new file appears!

Oh, whoa is me. Can someone tell me how to reverse this mess? I sure hope it is reversable . . . I'll hang out here for a reply, but since it's pretty late (or early depending on your perspective) I'll leave this link to my E-Mail if anyone has an answer and is kind enough to respond. Thanking whoever ahead of time, hoping for the best . . .

MJ Thompson - Email: mjthompson@active.ws

Posted by mt2/profits at 6:23 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 7 August 2004
Image Limit?
Mood:  quizzical
Topic: Image Questions
Is there a limit to the amount of images you are allowed to display on your site? I mean, mine won't show on the several pages of my site. The first page functions entirely, but the second two don't. My storage isn't even half full, so that's not it, and my html/path/upload/everything else is correct. The only thing I can think of is a limit on the number of images displayed.

Posted by anime6/undergroundcomix at 6:30 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 6 August 2004
Why won't my FrontPage theme transfer?
Mood:  irritated
I have created a website using FrontPage and a theme available. However, when I view it from the internet, the theme and all the fonts are not there. Also, any suggestions on how to get my words and images to appear how they appear on FrontPage. They're always uneven or moved around after being uploaded. Please Help!

Posted by super/acei at 11:45 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (8) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 5 August 2004
Error 404 pages
Mood:  quizzical
Hello, I just started using Angelfire yesterday and I wanted to create my own error 404 page. In the how to create section is says that the file has to be over 512KB. Is this correct? If so how on earth does someone get a html page that big? most of mine are 6-8K with the biggest being 11K. Thanks!

Posted by Posted at 4:39 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
help
Mood:  down
can i post and load irc.cgi here in angelfire if i hawe free webpage...i need cgi-bin but don't know how to find it and how to put there files...

or someone knows where i can make free webpage with cgi-bin ...

if you can help me please mail me: jazzma@one.lt

Posted by jazz/qqshka at 9:10 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 4 August 2004
Argh!
Mood:  loud
I have a site with tons of images. Most of the images won't show up, they mostly all appear as the little red x in a box. The images are all jpgs, the tags are all correct, the file names are correct, everything is uploaded, I mean everything I could possibly doo, I've done. I did notice that in the loading status bar in the bottom left hand corner of the window that the names of the images that don't work appear w/ black bars/brackets around them.

Posted by anime6/undergroundcomix at 9:08 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Error Message when creating a new file or subdirect
Mood:  rushed
I have been working on a website that I will be using in a few weeks for students---creating files and links no problem. However, in the last 24 hours any time I try to
create a new file or subdirectory I get the red error message that says "an error occurred while opening the file"---and no new file is created. I've tried logging out, loggin back in, and skimmed the help files, but haven't found an answer, anyone had the same problem and know the fix?

lmwturner@eoni.com

Posted by art2/lmwturner at 12:48 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 2 August 2004
Choice of Ads
Now Playing: Pop Up Ads
I have been an Angelfire member for years. There was a part of their web page building, where you were given a choice of ads. You could choose pop-up or permanent bar ads. You had no choice of placement or what the ad offered, but could choose your style of ad. Does anyone know where this choice is or even if they still offer it?

Posted by sc3/carlislehistory at 10:19 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 30 July 2004
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood:  irritated
Now Playing: laksdfklasdf
ok.... i just got a website on angelfire like 3 days ago and i am trying to figure it out and having some trouble. i made one main HTML web page and it works fine (the one that you start out with that is called "index.html").
then i made another one (on the same username) and i have no idea how to make it so that you can have both of them on the same site.
this sounds confusing but if you know what i am talking about please post it our email me and let me know because i really want to know how to do this!!!!!
my email is needalittlehelp@hotmail.com
thanks

Posted by un/gobobcats at 11:33 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (8) | Permalink | Share This Post
images not showing....?
i've had my images for a while now (1 year) and all of a sudden they aren't showing up even though they are in the correct folder and the link is right.
all that shows up is a angelfire logo??

what's up with this?

Posted by oz/mr.pbody at 6:20 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older