Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Friday, 27 August 2004
Images as links
How do i make my links look like an uploaded image? ===================================================
How do i make my image become links?

Posted by thegr8destr0yer at 11:32 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Log out button has disappeared
This is a bizarre question, but all of a sudden, after using Angelfire for six years, I can't find a logout button. There isn't one anywhere.

Wasted half an hour searching for it!

Where has it gone? How do I logout of Angelfire?

Many thanks.

Posted by nd/dealpilot at 7:31 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Friday, 27 August 2004 7:36 PM EDT
Web site on Front Page 2003 or Dreamweaver XP
Mood:  not sure
Topic: FrontPage
I can upload a site create it on Front Page 2003 or Dreamweaver XP;

Posted by falcon/buffer at 1:42 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Starting another web page
I am a Lycos member and have a web site up now. How do I put up another web site under the same account?

Posted by hero/fcsc at 12:15 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 26 August 2004
Link color
How do i change the color of the text/links under "CONTROL PANEL, ENTRIES BY TOPIC, the calendar" in a blog.

Posted by thegr8destr0yer at 10:12 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
using and image?
How do i make the the image i'm using as the background fit to the webpage if its too big?

Posted by thegr8destr0yer at 12:17 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 25 August 2004
regarding the posting below (something is wrong..)
Mood:  irritated
i discovered that the problem only happened below a certain point on the page, where i had a 'target' that allowed you to click to a spot further down on that page (a name="xxx"), so i removed it. that appears to solve the problem. but on the very same page, i have other 'targets' that seem to work ok, and they have always worked in the past. so what's going on here?

Posted by pop2/timemachine at 7:00 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
something is wrong
something is wrong with some of my pages. it's nothing i've done, because i haven't made any changes. when i click on a link (which i know to be valid and written correctly) i am taken to the 'index' page of MY site, not the link. this is happening over and over. also, if i click on blank space (where there IS NO link) the same thing happens. this has never happened before, and i haven't made any changes, so it isn't anything i've done. it happens on https://www.angelfire.com/pop2/timemachine/60smusic.html and https://www.angelfire.com/pop2/timemachine/60snews.html. please fix it!

Posted by pop2/timemachine at 6:20 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
PLEASE NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood:  hug me
Topic: Image Questions
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!! WHY WHEN YOU ENTER TO MY PAGE INSTEAD OF THE PICTURES I UPLOAD APPEARS "IMAGE HOSTED BY ANGELFIR" WHERE ARE MY PICTURES???????????? WHY CAN'T I SEE THEM????? I'M USING THIS WEB SITE TO WORK AND REALLY BOTHERS ME THIS PROBLEM.

Posted by comics/gulianova at 11:13 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 24 August 2004
help plzzzzzzz
Topic: HTML Questions
Hi,

My name is Shaun and I am trying to set up a site for a hockey pool where people can come and enter their name and picks into drop boxes/ text boxers and somehow save that info somewhere so the web page does all the work instead of me. What i am wondering is what type of programming lauange i should use, (i no html and bit better then basic, and I heard cgi would be good for this but i don;t no what cgi is really) i also heard osmetihng called .net owuld be good. If you could get me a point in the right direction, wheather a webpage, another reasourse or any information to this that would be great.

thanx to anyone who hleps

Shaun

my e-mail is cool_snowborder@hotmail.com

Posted by ns/Starcraft2 at 9:40 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Tuesday, 24 August 2004 9:48 PM EDT
Ummm.
Umm, I had my ad settings as pop-ups, and I changed it cuz it was irritating me, but now that I have frames the banner ads just show up randomly in the worst places and I was wondering if anyone knew how to get it back to pop-ups...

Posted by a lost soul at 1:36 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 23 August 2004
Microsoft Word on Angelfire
I am working on a website for my daughter. On Microsoft Word XP I typed her name with "WordArt". The text is shadowed, in the font I like, outlined in pink and filled in with yellow. Using Microsoft Word, I can't save it as a gif or jpg. Using angelfire I can't make this design. I really want to post this on my website as the entrance page.I uploaded the document (mika.doc) to my website but when I try to link it as the main image (images/mika.doc) I get a white box with a red X in it for a broken image. If anyone can PLEASE help me with this I would greatlyyy appreciate it. Please respond even if you have an idea. I'm kinda desperate...can't tell can ya? Thanks !

Posted by magic2/missmikaylah at 3:19 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
domain name not showing page
Mood:  quizzical
Hi, I'm new to this blog. I subscribed to Angelfire with a domain name. I've uploaded all my files, edited the HTML, but the page only comes up as "Thank you for visiting my Angelfire page." Do I need to do something else so that when I type the domain name in the URL address bar the page loads? Arrrgggghhhhhh.... Help! Thanks.

MAH

Posted by az3/hds1967 at 7:39 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 22 August 2004
webpage
Topic: FrontPage
I have uploaded a video and would like to have a link or address appear on my webpage ,but I don't know how.

Posted by bug2/downsadie at 12:36 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 21 August 2004
Locked out of webshell
Mood:  down
Can anyone tell me why? When I log on to my original angelfire acct. webshell , I am redirected to my *alias* webshell.. I now have no way of accessing/editing the files/folders of my original webshell. I have even tried deleting the *alias* acct. which has not worked. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Posted by realm3/j.hunter at 7:46 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
new user here needs help
Mood:  down
Topic: Image Questions
how can I use my images that are stored on my angelfire acct on outside webpages?

Posted by games5/bethnkris at 1:55 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
A Question
I run a linkware web design site hosted by a paid Angelfire account. I am having problems when my vistors try to download the layout to thier computer. Angelfire keeps telling me that it cannot find the site, any suggestions. I think my code is correct.

< a href=" file name of zip file" > Download (without the spaces of course)

Posted by Hev at 1:13 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 20 August 2004
Counters are back up
Mood:  celebratory
My counter just popped back up. Time to crack open the champagne!

Posted by az3/goladyjags at 6:35 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Help with Building my Website
Oops! I just posted an entry to someone else's comment - apologies. I am new to this and there are a couple things I could really use some help with.
1) Using a gif or jpg as a cursor or getting an animated cursor
2) Uploading a design I did on a word document to my angelfire page - if not possible, how can I use different fonts & such on angelfire?
If at all possible please e-mail your reply to MirandaT@ro.umich.edu I'll check back here if I can figure it out! Thanks so much -Miranda

Posted by magic2/missmikaylah at 11:43 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 19 August 2004
MY COUNTER IS GONE ON ALL MY PAGES
can anyone help me and has anyone else had this problem? I have had web pages for close to 4 yrs and this is the first time that my counters dont show up all that shows is a black outline with a small x in the right hand corner where my counter is supposed to show, thank you for your help

Posted by ok5/gto1966 at 10:50 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older