Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Friday, 20 August 2004
Counters are back up
Mood:  celebratory
My counter just popped back up. Time to crack open the champagne!

Posted by az3/goladyjags at 6:35 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Help with Building my Website
Mood:  irritated
Topic: HTML Questions
Oops! I just posted an entry to someone else's comment - apologies. I am new to this and there are a couple things I could really use some help with.
1) Using a gif or jpg as a cursor or getting an animated cursor
2) Uploading a design I did on a word document to my angelfire page - if not possible, how can I use different fonts & such on angelfire?
If at all possible please e-mail your reply to MirandaT@ro.umich.edu I'll check back here if I can figure it out! Thanks so much -Miranda

Posted by magic2/missmikaylah at 11:43 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 19 August 2004
MY COUNTER IS GONE ON ALL MY PAGES
can anyone help me and has anyone else had this problem? I have had web pages for close to 4 yrs and this is the first time that my counters dont show up all that shows is a black outline with a small x in the right hand corner where my counter is supposed to show, thank you for your help

Posted by ok5/gto1966 at 10:50 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
gear manager problem
My Lycos Gear Manager counter has been down all day -- not just from my computer, but from remotes, too. I haven't changed anything on my account. Any ideas? Website is www.angelfire.com/az3/goladyjags

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!

Posted by az3/goladyjags at 7:39 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Angelfire Blogs Update
Topic: News
Angelfire released a major update to blogs this week, catching up to the version used on Tripod.

Major new features:

1. Features previously available to paid members (community blogs, buddy pages, etc.) are now open to free. Free members are still limited to the number of blogs that they can build.
2. Post by email ("moblogging") is now available. You have to turn on it on the configuration page before you can use the feature.
3. Club-like ("open community") blogs can now be created that anyone can log into and post. All features currently in the Angelfire club have moved across.
4. The control panel interface has been simplified.
5. Additional templates have been created.
6. You can now post-date your blog entries to appear later. (Paid only?)
7. Overall performance should be improved.
8. Other things which I forget to mention.

If you see any bugs in the new release or have any problems, please reply in this thread so they can be investigated.

JP

Posted by blog/jrp34 at 4:15 PM EDT | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
How do I link pics on my main page to larger pics?
HELP! Could someone please explain to me how to link smaller pics on my site, to another page with larger versions of the pics. I've tried reading help page after help page, but just get more confused. My site is www.angelfire.com/wrestling3/kingokrap. I want to be able to click on the pics at the bottom and have it take me to a larger version of the picture. I've tried to figure out the HTML code, but I just don't know how to use it. I've tried looking it up the folling question in the FAQ, "How do I turn a picture into a link?", but the page never loads, it just times out. If anyone can give me a simpleton version of how to get this done, I'd greatly appreciate it. kingokrap@hotmail.com

Thanks

Posted by wrestling3/kingokrap at 12:45 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 18 August 2004
Link
How do I make an address a link without have the whole excerpt from another url appear as a link.

Posted by blog2/strategist at 3:15 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 17 August 2004
Username & Password
Mood:  not sure
Topic: FrontPage
-Front Page is enabled.
-I start to follow the given instructions by Angelfire.
-I open "My Networks"...I click the "add network wizard."
-I add https://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/hypatia82 to my networks
-Then I am prompted for my username and password
-I enter extreme4/hypatia82 as my username, but the computer tells me that valid entries are as such:
USERNAME
USERNAME@domain
domain\USERNAME

Help.

Posted by extreme4/hypatia82 at 7:17 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post

Mood:  lazy
I KNOW HOW TO MAKE DOWNLOAD LINKS FOR GAMES BUT HOW
DO I MAKE IT SO PEOPLE CAN PLAY THEM ONLINE?
THANKS, patgringo2000@yahoo.com

Posted by games5/eek0 at 6:34 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
wma files

ive tried uploading a wma file (music) but nothing happens.
does angelfire support wma files?

Posted by ar3/wmafiles at 5:56 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Links to other websites not working
Mood:  accident prone
Ok. I have been able to write the html code to get an active link on my site. Yay me! BUT....when the link is clicked, it takes me to an angelfire page saying downloading is not acceptable from certain other sites however, I'm not trying to download, just LINK!! What's up??

Posted by bc3/brookescountry at 3:08 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Beginner and Feeling Really Dumb....
Mood:  down
Topic: Image Questions
K - I just started this and I must say that I am having some major problems - All I want to do at this point is have a audio file play when my site is viewed and put some pictures or images on the site...i can not seem to do either one and the directions honestly lose me more - can anyone simplify this for me???? Your help is greatly appreciated! Thanks Marshare76@yahoo.com

Posted by punk5/ourteam at 12:50 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
my web counter
hey everyone. for sdome reason, my angelfire counter keeps restarting itself to zero again. it's done this like three times? does anyone know what might be causing this?

Posted by ga4/tcm4 at 12:22 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saving my Website
Mood:  cool
Topic: FrontPage
I've created a website on FP and have been saving it to my hard drive all this time. We just purchased a new computer and I'm trying to figure out the best way to transfer the information. I need to still be able to make changes on my website with updated information, pictures, etc. to upload.

Also, this file is large - like 270 files and 14 folders. Could the 700 MB CD-RW disks be too small?

Posted by super/acei at 12:12 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 16 August 2004
Trying to add second page
Now Playing: I don't understand this textbox..
Ok, I havea second page loaded but i can't get page one to link to it. I have put in the html code but it doesn't show up as a link. Just a blank space. What am I doing wrong> http//www.angelfire.com/bc3/brookescountry/pagetwo.html
Can't get the html to create a link with all those ////'s in the url.

How do I link the second page to the first??

Posted by bc3/brookescountry at 4:23 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post

Ok, I have tried and tried and tried to get this right, but I can't do it! I want to use an image that I uploaded as my background. I have tried doing everythning that is suggested in the "helps" but I can't get it right. Any suggestions? E-mail me at stephaniesuranyi@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Posted by amiga2/cross-stitch at 12:28 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
ACEI
The counter is not working at the bottom of my homepage. It was working before, but I had to overwrite my index.html with some changes I had made. Since then, it stays on "1" Any suggestions?

Posted by super/acei at 11:33 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 14 August 2004
domain help ! please!
HI ! I signed up for an angelfire plan and got my domain name through them. My problem is..it dont work !! The angelfire page is there but if you go to the domain name it doesnt link right. I already checked to see if it was linked under my domain info and it says it is but its just not working..can anyone help me with this!! thanks!!

Posted by hi5/planetshawn0 at 7:50 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
FTP question
Now Playing: my ID user name has a unusable character
Hi all,

You were helpful with my question of downloading my files using ftp (cute ftp).

But my problem now is that my user name : fl5/tigergod won't be accepted because of the / character. So I still can't access my files. I want all my swfs downloaded to my computer so I can put them on disc.

Help!
Thanks

Posted by fl5/tigergod at 2:49 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood:  not sure
Now Playing: asdfad
ok i have tried to get help with this before but i just cant seem to do it. can anyone tell me how to link a new html page to your index.html page??????????

~alexa

Posted by un/gobobcats at 1:29 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older