Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Tuesday, 22 March 2005
Blog Builder Interface Problem
Mood:  down
Topic: HTML Questions
I recently posted an entry on my blog that included script for a "Tag-Board". I want to delete this entry but because of its script, I cannot modify nor delete it through the blog builder interface - it is causing some kind of incompatibility. The "Post", "Delete", and "Preview" buttons do not funtion with this entry. I have tried IE 6+, Mozilla Firefox, Netscape 7+.

Any advice on how to delete this entry through a different manner would be greatly appreciated because it is causing severe complications with the blog builder interface.

Posted by Asterios at 12:21 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post

Tuesday, 22 March 2005 - 4:12 PM EST

Name: cw

If the buttons won't work, how about selecting everything in the entry text box and deleting it then trying to republish. If that's successful, try going back and deleting the entry itself in the usual manner. Might work, might not but good luck anyway :).

Wednesday, 23 March 2005 - 5:09 PM EST

Name: jrp34

I believe that your entry has been deleted now, however I am basing that on a report from our customer service team and not first hand knowledge. The problem that it is possible to make an undeletable entry (with the help of broken FORM tags, as in your case) has been raised to the Angelfire Team and we should have a fix in a future version. (Not the *next* version; that is already too far in the pipeline.)

JP

Thursday, 24 March 2005 - 11:44 AM EST

Name: wa/astcweb
Home Page: http://surf.to/asterios

Thank you for your information. Yes, indeed the Angelfire Team quickly resolved this problem by deleting the problematic entry. I am happy to hear that a fix will be prepared in the future. Keep up the great service!

Asterios

View Latest Entries