Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Saturday, 19 March 2005

Mood:  lucky
Topic: HTML Questions
how do i loop a song that i have on my web page or make a play list

Posted by il3/arrowhead at 11:45 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post

Saturday, 19 March 2005 - 2:42 PM EST

Name: mamagoo

for one song to loop
in your script use this:
this is a continuous loop of one song

loop=true

loop one time would look like this
in your script use this:
loop=1
loop=2

to make a play list you would have to have some kind of java script code to do that. so that various songs could be selected to play in the same player on the same page...

google it see if you can find code for that....I had one once but I don't have it anymore.....

however you can just use links to your songs so that they download and stream or open and play on a page...... but using this method is just using individual links to the songs to be played separately......

Saturday, 19 March 2005 - 2:58 PM EST

i just viewd your site and you have a very large song auto loading there I see from the code that there is no extension like .mp3 or .wma or .wav in the file name, it's a wonder that my browser found the file in your direcotry... it needs an extension and also it seems to be a very large file because it took long to load it an I am on high speed cable

I think what you wanted to know then is how to you use code to show a player console on your site to play music dalleh explains it here:

http://www.dalleh.com/HTML/Background_sound/background_sound.shtml

mp3's and etc...are very large files and it's not a good idea to have them autoload on your page.....dial-up users will take forever to hear it If ever! LOL depends on how long they are sitting there with your page opened.....LOL

Saturday, 19 March 2005 - 3:09 PM EST

Name: magoooo again

I have a page with midi tunes. this is like a play list type but the songs open in the browsers default player:
http://4pkruger.com/themes.html

here is another example of the way songs can be used
my other page here:
http://4pkruger.com/american_tunes/menu.html

all this is done with embed type code and configured to how the song is to be played....

Saturday, 19 March 2005 - 4:47 PM EST

diffinetly get your song renamed to this in your directory
low_rider.mp3

and also I just got the stats on it in media player and it is 3mb file which is way to large to autoplay Ok?

and also you have to use different embedding code and rename the file with an .mp3 extension, for it to play in netscape and mozilla/Firefox browsers and other media players such as Quick time and others. ok?

the bgsound that you are using now is just for IE type browsers....

View Latest Entries