Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Friday, 4 June 2004
SIDE BAR IS HERE TO STAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wrote angelfire and asked that the side bar please be removed from my sites and they wrote back and said I am stuck with it and only way to get it removed is to join and pay 4.95 a month, well hell with angelfire I am moving my sites to geocities and if anyone else is fed up with the side bar , you must pay or just move your sites . Oh well it was nice while it lasted

Posted by oh5/gto1966 at 1:14 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (7) | Permalink | Share This Post

Friday, 4 June 2004 - 11:16 PM EDT

Name: dalleh

what can you buy with 16 cents? $4.95/30 days= $0.16
can of soda costs $0.50, jaw braker cost $0.25

Monday, 7 June 2004 - 8:16 PM EDT

Name: Chrisseh-chan
Home Page: http://I won't even bother...

I'm really pissed because my website won't even show up! It starts to load, and then it goes straight to the sidebar page. This is so gay, I'm moving everything to Geocities, which is a pain in the butt because I have dial up and it takes FOREVER to load stuff....GRRR I've had angelfire for nearly 4 years and it just keeps getting suckier and suckier. I recently signed up for Geocities, and I like it A LOT better.

Tuesday, 8 June 2004 - 4:20 PM EDT

Name: You are 100% right Missy Rocker ! !

All of my pages are blocked by the side pane bullshit too. And even the links in the side pane either don't work or goto other pages blocked by side panes as well. When is Angelfire going to fix this. How is this any good for anyone, including Angelfire. My traffic is just being wasted ! Also, people who normally visit my site on a regular basis and have my email, are emailing me complaining about the site always being down, and it is not me it is stupid Angelfire !!! I would think this kind of stuff would piss off the paid advertisers that pay for Angelfire to run their banners and pop ups too, it makes everyone look unprofessional. Don't they test this stuff before they deploy it on the whole system ? I am in the slow process of moving my site as well.

Wednesday, 9 June 2004 - 2:28 AM EDT

Name:

The side pane should be called the side "pain" instead...

Thursday, 10 June 2004 - 2:00 AM EDT

Name: tr

well, dalleh, the last time I looked up the word "free" it meant to pay nothing. Angelfire is getting a bit greedy here. not only do they get money from pop ups and banners, they want you to give them money too. do you think they will stop here? how much are you willing to pay before you say enough? I'm stopping here. free does not mean $59.40 a year.

Thursday, 10 June 2004 - 11:45 AM EDT

Name: gto1966

thank you tr , and guess you are right dalleh doesnt know what free means and I have heard many people are moving their sites to geocities and guess what no side bar it is great

Friday, 11 June 2004 - 2:45 AM EDT

Name: tr

howdy, gto1966 - I was thinking today about folk moving their sites. I would be curious to learn just how many site hits are moving with them. whatever that figure is, it's that many who won't be looking at angelfire accounts, banners, sidebars and pop ups. gotta add up in the bucks somehow. Other sites have sent me an email saying they are changing policy and prices and POLITELY asking for my cooperation and update. They didn't use bully tactics and harrassment like angelfire.

View Latest Entries