Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Friday, 4 June 2004

I can receive but cannot send mail after configuring Outlook Express. I'm using pop.domains.lycos.com as my SMTP server since my ISP has assured me that I do not need to use their mail server. I've tried everything including using port 24 as per the help file...any suggestions?...thanks

Posted by zine2/hollislayne at 12:54 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post

Friday, 4 June 2004 - 7:30 AM EDT

Name: jrp34

Your ISP is wrong. Lycos Domains does not offer an outgoing mail server and so you must use theirs. This is done for spam reasons and because many ISPs block outgoing mail from hosts that aren't their own.

JP

Friday, 4 June 2004 - 4:23 PM EDT

Name: mamagoo

use your isp mail server as the default way to send mail but, under the reply to option in your mail server account setup in OE, use your lycos address as the reply to address in that field.
so that any reply mail comes to you via lycos....

Friday, 4 June 2004 - 10:33 PM EDT

Name: dalleh

check with your ISP
go to tools, options, mail setup, Send/recive, Edit, account properties, Outgoing mail, In the box mostly is smtp.your_isp.net

like smtp.earthlink.net

or vorizon

outgoing.verizon.net

and save

View Latest Entries