Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Sunday, 9 May 2004
All pics replaced?
Mood:  sad
Topic: News
Can someone inform us about the images ect our angelfire pages?
I was not informed on any changes AND WOULD LIKE TO ATLEAST GET ALL MY FILES BACK IF YOU ARE shuting everyone down.

Please post something here to explaIN THE ACTIONS???/

Posted by fl/subspaceburners at 9:20 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post

Sunday, 9 May 2004 - 4:28 PM EDT

Name: Deepak
Home Page: https://www.angelfire.com/celeb/deeptrivia

"Angelfire does not allow direct linking
from offsite, non-Angelfire pages,
to files hosted on Angelfire."

My homepage contains several PDF files which are listed in the google search engine. It is weird that you should not allow a person to access those PDF files by clicking the result of a google search. How else is s/he supposed to access the PDF file?

A direct linking from well known search engines like google must be allowed.

Monday, 10 May 2004 - 12:09 AM EDT

Name: dalleh

can you give us an exaple, like search in google and give us the url of the result.

Monday, 10 May 2004 - 1:05 PM EDT

Name: jrp34

You have a good point. I've talked it over with the Angelfire folks here and we will adjust the block to allow PDFs to be linked to directly. That update may take a couple of days to be written and released to the site, but it will happen.

Thanks for the suggestion.

JP

Friday, 14 May 2004 - 10:41 AM EDT

Name: Tracey

When did this revelation occur (no direct linking to Angelfire from a non Angelfire site), and why weren't the members informed? Alot of us on a gardening forum upload our pics on Angelfire, and now all of a sudden, alot of home pages are distorted with the repetitive Angelfire hosting logo. It's one thing to take something away, but at least let us know about it so we can find hosting elsewhere...

Friday, 14 May 2004 - 1:01 PM EDT

Name: cw

I think this 'revelation' has been the policy here for a long time but an AF bug allowed it to continue. The bug is now fixed. See the remote loading policy which is also stated in the TAC which you should have read before signing on for a free site.

Sunday, 16 May 2004 - 12:27 AM EDT

Name:

PAH! if id have known i would have to go through all this trouble just to upload a few blummin pics then i would have put them on MY server in the first place!!!

angelfire, BAH! what a dissapointment (not to mention the AWFUL site examples, ill be taking my images etc. elsewhere)

View Latest Entries