Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Thursday, 6 May 2004
Hosting images on angelfire
Topic: Image Questions
I've been using my angelfire acount to host pictures to be viewed on message boards aswell as my site. I resently came up with the probem that where all my pictures were on fourms they had been replaced by "image hosted by angelfire" picture.
My first thought was that my site had gone over its bandwidth limit perhaps but nope. I also checked to see if the adresses were wrong but they aswell were just fine. A friend of mine just resently got this problem too.
I've been using angelfire for a good while without having this problem before.

How can I fix this?

Thx for your time.

Posted by games5/popstudio at 9:31 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (10) | Permalink | Share This Post

Thursday, 6 May 2004 - 9:48 PM EDT

Name: Peon25

I started getting this same problem today, unfortunately. =(

Thursday, 6 May 2004 - 10:03 PM EDT

Name: dalleh

are you using the free membership pages, if so angelfire doesn't allow remote linking and there is nothing wrong. you cannot use images stored in angelfire on another server.

if you you are paying member let us know.

Thursday, 6 May 2004 - 11:02 PM EDT

Name: Kenny

I use to love Angelfire for not reverting to remote linking, but now that it's back I just decided to begin the slow processing of moving my entire site.

Thursday, 6 May 2004 - 11:31 PM EDT

Name: Peon25

It was working fine yesterday, and this morning.. and then suddenly stopped allowing remote linking. Thanks for the update "warning."

Friday, 7 May 2004 - 4:53 AM EDT

Name: mistcrist

I'll be moving my site, too! Thanks for the warning, Angelfire! I'm sure you'll have many Neopet users looking for a better site also!!

Friday, 7 May 2004 - 9:27 AM EDT

Name: jrp34

Yes. Your problem is expected. Angelfire has always prohibited the remote loading of images to other sites, but this was broken in some cases and allowing free users to remote load. That bug has now been fixed and the load block is now in place.

If you want to remote load images, you should consider upgrading to any of the paid packages. Even the lowest price-point package supports remote loading.

I'm personally sorry about your images and NeoPets, etc. I hope that you will consider upgrading instead of leaving. This was one of many, many bug fixes and feature changes made yesterday and it was not considered as something needing notification since, because of the bug, we didn't ahve a way to know which users or how many were taking advantage of the problem.

JP

Sunday, 9 May 2004 - 10:17 AM EDT

Name: Rob c

Well ive had pages on angelfire for 3 years and it was no glitch just a new policy change .

how can you expect everyone to jump onboard after being lied to about this matter i only hope every free member goes elsewhere with us.

Sunday, 9 May 2004 - 10:19 AM EDT

Name:

Also your prices are way to much compaired to others..

try webhosting at www.gladeratorarenas

Thursday, 20 May 2004 - 5:45 PM EDT

Name: stephen

that is not true, i post pics in my ponline journals with no problems, it is only aol members that seem to have the same problem, cause i dont and i use explorer

Monday, 21 June 2004 - 9:26 PM EDT

Name: Pyrrhyloxia

Yup. I'm out of here too.

View Latest Entries