Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Wednesday, 31 August 2011
Menu/page headings
Topic: FrontPage
I have managed to remove my page navigations from the front page.  I have looked at page manager but can't find any way of getting them back.  Please help - first time website building!  Thanks.

Posted by sullivanfamilyhistory at 12:07 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (18) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 22 August 2011
New blog stuff ready yet?

Several months ago in response to a question I had you said that you were going to be going with a new blog format 'thingy'. Have you all worked the kinks out of that yet or are we still going with the same format?

Thanks!

Sallie

www.mikeandsallie.com/sallie 

Posted by Sallie M. Anderson at 7:05 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 15 August 2011
Debi
if our website is in web shell can i not build a new site in site builder and replace the one in web shell?

Posted by mi4/campingclub at 9:43 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Debi

can someone please help me. i just took over our camping web site and i have made a new one. i get to our old one thru web shell. how do i replace the old site with the new one?

Posted by mi4/campingclub at 9:25 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 11 August 2011
navigation bar won't display
Mood:  sad
I would appreciate ay help.  I have set up a new website and have been tweeking it.  I successfully added four pages that displayed properly.  However, now the navigation bar does not display.  Sometimes it shows up when I am editing and sometimes not.  It does not display at all when I check the website on line.  Any ideas what I did?

Posted by lifesongschnauzers at 1:34 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 9 August 2011
Automatic Image Compression
Mood:  don't ask
Topic: Image Questions

I noticed when I upload images to my media folder for the SiteBuilder that it recompresses them. Unfortuneatly it does a horrible job and compresses them very heavily. Is there anyway to upload images for use in my media folder and NOT have them re-compressed by Angelfire?

I tried ftp'ing the images direct into the  folder but they would not show up in my media folder...

Posted by battleminiaturesemporium at 11:58 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (8) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 3 August 2011
images
Mood:  cheeky
Hi, I am trying to add a logo to my website, how do i do this?

Posted by nrfnwa at 8:42 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (11) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 29 July 2011

Now Playing: Quickly switch between multiple /index.html pages
Topic: HTML Questions

I would like my home page to be different based on my location. (blue theme for at home, Red theme while traveling for work etc. etc.)

I have made separate index.html pages and can upload to my webshell each time.

But that is very tedious and slow.

Is there an easy way to get angelfire to swap index.htm files?  Maybe  .php ,  email index.html  , create several directories with index files and redirect from homepage  ,  or ??

Thanks for your help 

Posted by from USA at 10:00 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 27 July 2011
new website
i just built a new website but i do not know how to replace the old website with the new site. when i go publish it ask for a name and i am not sure what to do

Posted by mi4/campingclub at 11:59 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 25 July 2011
Noting on Account Page
Topic: FrontPage

I suddenly started getting the dread message that "the server has sent a message that FrontPage cannnot parse" or thereabouts.  I wanted to check to see if for some reason my FrontPage extensions had been deselected, but when I sign on there is noting on my account page.  Anyone have any idea why this has occurred?

Frank

Posted by pro/fkizer at 12:29 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (8) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 24 July 2011

Now Playing: creating 404 page

I've followed the directions below...but my own 404 page doesn't work...hints, please ??

Creating a customized 404 Error Page ("File Not Found") is a convenient way to redirect visitors who attempt to view a page on your site that does not exist or has been moved.

To make your own 404 Error Page, simply create an HTML page called error404.html and place it in your top-level Angelfire directory. You can use the page to link back to your homepage or promote specific parts of your site. What appears on the 404 Error Page is up to you. The only requirement is that the finished page must be at least 512 bytes in size.

Posted by ca/weavings at 12:32 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 18 July 2011
locating web shell
I signed into Lycos and could not find a place to sign in to edit web page, ok3/basketry.  I clicked on websites and found Angelfire link.  I could not find my web shell to edit files so I upgraded thinking that was the problem. I found my control panel with weaver1025 sign in. my web name, ok3/basketry could not be located. 

Posted by weaver1025 at 6:48 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 15 July 2011
Where's that domain name?

Bought a domain name on July 2, didn't have domain name for assignment until today, after multiple attempts with "help tickets."

I could not get a response nor find a phone number to call though my hosting package included phone help.  Finally checked to see if the transaction showed up on my VISA--it did, TWICE.  But a phone number also showed with each transaction.  I called and had the matter straightened out.  after about 3 hours, our domain name was alive.

For our trouble and time, we were awarded a month of free hosting.  

Please check your credit card statement to ensure that you have not been double billed.

Posted by nv/wongnumber at 1:59 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 13 July 2011
link to a document
Mood:  caffeinated
Hello there, I have a pdf document on my desktop, I want to link to it from my website, but cant see how I can do it here.  Can someone tell how to do this?

Posted by nrfnwa at 8:41 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 1 July 2011
To Amy, backing up

You can use ftp software you can get one for free from here http://www.coffeecup.com/free-ftp/

login to angelfire

host : ftp.angelfire.com

your ID and password

create a directory on your PC  and download all your files from angelfire to that directory.

it is very easy, one thing about the pages in the basic, when you  re-upload the pages, they convert to advance.

Posted by dalleh at 8:43 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
anyone else having trouble creating a new email forwarding address, or account?!

anyone else having trouble creating a new email forwarding address, or account?! 

I cant do it from the webshell of angelfire's  control panel... it totally sucks!

Posted by .: TMJ :. at 7:55 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 25 June 2011
Need help with backing up

Hi Everyone,

How is everyone doing? I am trying to figure out how to go about backing up my files. I'm in WebShell, using my mom's computer at the moment, since mine is having problems.

Anyways, sometimes I just run into problems figuring out how to get things to work properly. Can't seem to find certain things that people say will be there. I see things that say, Duplicate, Move, stuff like that. I tried Duplicate, and yes, it makes a copy of things, but trying to get them on my Discs. I keep getting hacked and stuff alot, and trying to make sure I don't lose all my hard work with things.
Recently, a bunch of different repairmen keep messing things up. Plus someone who did Remote Access, turns out is not the person we thought we were contacting. A wrong information given. So, is a hacker who has looks like done something. Not sure. 

Thanks,

Amy

Posted by fl/JTT99 at 3:58 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Alternative to Front Page
I have used Front Page since 2003, but with all the problems I'm having now with it, I am looking for an alternate way to maintain my website.  I don't want to spend a lot of money, and wonder if there is a way to convert my site to angelfire's default method of maintaining a website?    

Posted by retro/tiedyejudy at 12:38 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
style background
Mood:  irritated

I was able to change the style background, but wont save, when i publish my page it posts with no background...what am i doing wrong. 

Posted by nrfnwa at 2:00 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (29) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 24 June 2011
style background
Mood:  rushed

I want to use the "tool" style background without the tools on it. anyone know how I can do this

Posted by nrfnwa at 1:58 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (11) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older