Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Sunday, 20 April 2008
HELP
Mood:  irritated
Topic: Image Questions
I am trying to put a picture up on my web page. I coded my page using HTML and I have the correct code in for my picture but every time I open the web page a box with a red x comes up. Please Help!

Posted by rebellbot at 10:26 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (68) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 4 April 2008
Adding A "Member's Only" Page To Website
Topic: HTML Questions
I create a club page on angelfire and I want to have a private member's page for only our members to access.  What do I have to do to be able to do that? 

Posted by wa/ANGELHEARTESKIES at 7:01 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 31 March 2008
changing banner
What is the easiest way to change the banner?  I started out with a template with a banner across the top, but I really would like to put my own on.  What is the best way to change it, assuming it is possible?  Thanks.

Posted by wildcatphotography at 8:25 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (20) | Permalink | Share This Post
Xhtml and favicons
Mood:  not sure
I'd like to know if Angelfire supports Xhtml and whether or not they support the use of a favicon.  I asked them once, but they didn't answer.  And I'm trying to decide if I should stay with Angelfire if not.

Posted by wildcatphotography at 7:09 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 24 March 2008
Saving added files
Topic: Image Questions
Can someone olease help I have amended my page which was done through PSP and saved as a JPG I found it in the shell directory and when I open it it shows fine however nowhere can I find a save button can you please advice. Regards Niel

Posted by ok5/niel-whiting at 11:56 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (8) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 15 March 2008
Ads & Center
Mood:  d'oh
Topic: FrontPage

I know one can't completely rid the ads off a free account, but I'm having this occur. 

http://i28.tinypic.com/4hze46.jpg

Is there a way to put the ads on the top or bottom so it doesn't mesh with the writing on the site?

Better view:

http://malice-in-wonderland.angelfire.com/index.html

Also, I'm having a hard time centering the light-sh blue part with the header. Can anyone help me with that?

Posted by malice-in-wonderland at 3:13 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (10) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 13 March 2008
Sending a website to sleep

Hi,

I want to close my website for a while but not for good. How can I send it to sleep without destroying its content or losing my homepage name? I just would like it to be not active at the moment.

Can anyone tell me how to do it?

Thanks a lot, Sabine 

Posted by mac/zottle at 4:36 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 12 March 2008
Project Playlist

I need to upoad a song to my project playlist and a friend said that this was a good idea.

Whats the code that i have to use when posting the mp3 as a url?

If someone could help me and explain what a username and screen name are, that would help lots.

Posted by xravencryx at 4:27 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 9 March 2008
HTML guest gear
I'm not able to post a message on my guestbook. I get a Lycos error message everytime I try. Any ideas?

Posted by az3/goladyjags at 2:06 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 7 March 2008
I need to link to a page higher up in my directory
Mood:  d'oh

I have several subdirectories in my webshell.  I have no idea how to link pages in a subdirectory to a page in my main directory.  if i type an 

a href="index.html"

tag onto a page in subdirectory  /oldnewsletters, it tries to go to www.mypage.angelfire.com/oldnewsletters/index.html, and that doesn't exist...

Please HELP!!!!!!!!!

Posted by www.cannoncruiserscarclub at 6:51 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 21 February 2008
HELP!
Topic: FrontPage

I have an upgraded Angelfire account.  I have been trying to get help for over a week now with no response.  Live Chat help has never been "online" for me, so I've had to manually submit questions.  My upgrade account says to expect a response in 24-48 hours, and it has been well over 140 hours!

How can I get help?  I'm in urgent need in order to help out the charity orginization I'm building a sub domain for.

Thanks
Chuck
thefluker@hotmail.com

Posted by mn3/zvbm at 10:44 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (7) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 13 February 2008
adding my URL
I've looked and looked all over your angelfire website and checked all help pages feverntly searching on how to add my website to the angelfire members sites directory to no avail! How oh, How do I do it? Please relieve me of my woes!

Posted by evangelionreihome at 8:31 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Confused
Mood:  quizzical

I'm confused.  I have had my Angelfire account and website for a number of years, but have not updated it in some time.  The pages can still be accessed and still get a few hits, but some of the information is out of date.  So today, I thought that I would update some of the information and bring them up to date.  However, I cannot locate them in the webshell.  What happened?  How can I get to them so that I can update them or even remove them.

Thanks,

Joe

joes1650@hotmail.com 

Posted by madprof46 at 4:02 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 11 February 2008
HTML GEAR Guestbooks

I post a daily message on my HTML Gear Guestbook. and I've noticed in the past week or so, the security code seems to be malfunctioning. It takes two or three times (refreshes) before it accepts a typed code. I keep getting the  Lycos Error Page. Anybody else having this problem?

Posted by me2/kulacoco at 3:17 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (8) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 7 February 2008
Jules

Forgive me if this seems a very simple problem to solve. I am a complete novice to web building and have only managed very basic tasks on my website. I have uploaded j-pegs and gifs and am happy with the results now I have come to the bottom of my page in the webshell editor where there is a box that both text and html can be inserted. I want to put an image here using html but I would like to know how to code it because my image code refers to the file on my hard drive so only I can view it if you see what I mean? Anyone looking at my web page other than me cant see the image, I have uploaded it as a j-peg file but I cant seem to place it in this box PLEASE HELP!

julhgh@aol.com

Posted by bladeoffire at 4:19 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 6 February 2008
Music Player
Mood:  a-ok
I found a music player code on http://www.mysplayer.com/  and inserted the music file url from angel fire into the code.  I pasted everything on the text block section of basic editor. The music player shows up on my page, but the music does not play. What do I do?

Posted by myeternalbeloved at 11:04 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Music Player
Mood:  a-ok

*Where do you post music player code in the basic editor?

*What is the best music code player that works for angefire?

*Am I able to use a song that I've uploaded on angelfire on the music player?  If so, what is the procedure?

Thank you,

-Steph- 

Posted by myeternalbeloved at 10:53 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 1 February 2008

Hello Angelfire,

My index page music is not working correctly. Please assist me.

"i don't hear any music, do i need to download a plugin for my browser"

if so, how do i do this?

Thank you.

Posted by fl5/lisalk00 at 10:37 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
I need help!!!!
Mood:  sad

I am trying to upload a theme to my webpage

the designer said to just change the theme to the existing one once I upload all the files through my FTP...

UGH?!?!

i uploaded all the files to my angelfire account and now what?!

i need help..

everything is installed... how do i change the theme of the page?

i am definitely not good at this..

Melikinskitty@aol.com

Posted by thedarknessfollows at 7:20 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 29 January 2008
My site won't display
Mood:  not sure

I was trying to get my site on Google and it said I had to either add a meta tag or an html page. First I chose metatag which required me to add something in the html editor, which I did, that is when my page stopped displaying. I went back in to the html editor and deleted the tag I had added and resaved and still my site isn't displaying any more. Can anyone help me?

http://coozesoldeenglishbulldogges.tripod.com/

I just tried to view my site again and this time got an error message:

! Problems with this Web page might prevent it from being displayed properly or functioning properly. etc. etc.

Then I click on the details tab and it says:

Line: 2

Char: 13

Error: Expected ';'

Code: 0

URL: http://www.lycos.ca/header-tripod-member/?Site=LycosTripod

But I don't know what it means.

Here's the text in my html editor:

<!-- \/ starthtml -->
<html>
 <head>
   <!-- The block of META tags is required by Homepage Studio  -->
   <!-- to identify this file as created by Freeform Editor.   -->
   <!-- Please do not remove them, but feel free to append     -->
   <!-- them with your personal data below. Meta tags help     -->
   <!-- search engines identify the content of your page.       -->
   <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
   <META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="enter keywords here">
   <META NAME="description" CONTENT="enter a description here">
   <META NAME="author" CONTENT="enter your name here">
   <META NAME="generator" CONTENT="FreeFormEditor 1.0">
   <TITLE></TITLE>
 </head>
<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000" link="#0000EE" vlink="#551A8B">

</body>
</html>
<!-- /\ end html  -->

Please tell me what is stopping my page from displaying.

Thank you very much.

Posted by sherileediebold at 12:59 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Tuesday, 29 January 2008 1:11 PM EST

Newer | Latest | Older