Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Thursday, 13 July 2006
New Angelfire blog category
Mood:  a-ok
Topic: HTML Questions
Who would like to see a new category added to this blog for CGI? I for one would make great use of this topic. This would give those of us who make use of Angelfire CGI a chance to discuss how we use it, what works, what doesn't, share code and many other things. Maybe if this thread gets a good response, the Angelfire staff will consider adding this to the blog topics for us. I would LOVE that. What are your thoughts?

Posted by Daymon at 1:09 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 11 July 2006
Ads and Frontpage
Mood:  not sure
Topic: FrontPage
Hi,
I've been given a complete website that I have edited and uploaded to Angelfire through Frontpage. My problem is that the tile banner (and on some other computers the menu on the left hand side) shows up as ads. There are some ads above the top title banner (where I assume they should be), but they are cut off halfway and then repeated just below, where the title should be.

I'm new to Angelfire and to Frontpage and would appreciate any explanation of what is going on and how to fix it!
https://www.angelfire.com/planet/free_companie/FreeMain6.htm

Many thanks.

Yvonne

Posted by planet/free_companie at 11:20 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 10 July 2006
upgrade
I have a new website with my son. We set it up as a free website. Yesterday afternoon we signed up for the Neon level. Our page still has the ads running on it and when we log into the account detail, it still says free. But when we log to payment information etc. it says we have the Neon level and our payment information is on there.
our site is https://www.angelfire.com/planet/palmistry
Can you clarify?

Posted by biz2/metaphysician at 11:19 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 6 July 2006
Show "last updated" when web pages are updated.
Mood:  quizzical
Anyone know the code to show "last updated" on our angelfire pages? I know there is a way to do it because they use the include on our blogs. I just need the code to integrate it into my regular web pages.

Posted by Daymon at 3:05 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 2 July 2006
adding pictures and using paypal
Mood:  d'oh
Topic: Image Questions
I was wanting to start selling stuff on my web site but I'm not sure how to add pictures of the items and and a pay pal add to cart button to each single item..Please help...And woud I need to upgrade to a paid web site??Heather

Posted by planet/planetcharms at 2:54 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 1 July 2006
PLEASE help
Mood:  cool
Now Playing: Angelfire Upgrade
I just paid for the premium site so that I could get a free dot com but the dot com they gave me links to Tripod.Com. I don't want to build with Tripod, I want the dot com to link to my angelfire site. How do I do that? Anyone...

Posted by in2/Only1Angell at 12:40 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 29 June 2006

Aloha and Mahalo.
Do you think i can change some pages or ways that my website is posted. Beacuse it seems i have plenty of Bandwidth, but my Disk Space is getting filled up.

Posted by fl5/lisalk00 at 11:13 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post

Does anyone know: tip-of-the-day or daily wisdom scripts or website that i can use on my website?
Thank you very much.

Posted by fl5/lisalk00 at 10:26 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Page Anchors
Mood:  irritated
OK I've tried two different codes here on my angelfire site for page anchors. I have pages that are really long (filled with short story series) and I'd like to give my readers the option of jumping to the episode they want to read. However every time I try to put an anchor the link does not take you to the indicated spot, but instead to my homepage.

Does angelfire not allow this code?

Thanks,

Posted by journal2/kay_writer at 6:22 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 27 June 2006
Blog Directory
Is there a directory of just Angelfire blogs? It would make it so much easier to find and interact with other Angelfire blogs of the same interest. If there isn't one, post your blog here and I will create a directory. Someone has to do it. If anyone has an interest in personal finance feel free to start blogging with me here: http://www.cheapest-service.com/loweryourbills/

Posted by Daymon at 3:31 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 26 June 2006
Plz Help
Mood:  not sure
How do i make my background just ONE picture, instead of having the same picture repeated over and over again??? Plz someone help!!!

Posted by planet/animestars at 5:14 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (11) | Permalink | Share This Post
Blog posting
Mood:  blue
I recently posted to my blog under a certain category. When I went to take a look at the post it did not show the post on the main page....only under the category I posted to. Arent the newest posts supposed to show up on the main page? I ended up having to post under (no category) to get it to show up. I also noticed when someone clicks the "post to this blog" link regardless of being signed in or not are sent to a page that reads: You are no longer have posting permission in this community. #1 its you no longer have...not you are no longer have, secondly, I want anyone, especially my sites visitors to be able to post their thoughts and comments without signing up for an angelfire account.....if they sign up for anything I want it to be something I am offering, not something Angelfire offers, since I have a paid account. With this mess, what is the point of blogging? Angelfire sees their blogging software as a tool for signing up more members, which is fine and even practical for a free account. Not so for paid accounts.

Posted by Daymon at 3:42 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
WTF: Help please Anyone PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood:  don't ask
So.......I did the whole image background thing and it worked fine with one problem....image dosent fit-to-page...go figure its 800-600 or somthing like that. So I figured that i could use the page alignment button under edit index and maybe change to stretch or center....didnt work that only works for the words on the page!!!!grrrrrr.....So basically there are to buttons to change stretch minimize maximize images under the background image catagory under the index diretory editing page!!!

someone plz help...

https://www.angelfire.com/planet/teamchowson

E-mail: messinap08@yahoo.com

Posted by planet/teamchowson at 11:51 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (7) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 25 June 2006
Qumana desktop blogger
I was wondering if anyone has tried out that new Qumana desktop blogger yet? If so, is there a way to add a custom tag line? Sort of like a signature in forums?

Posted by Daymon at 11:00 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 23 June 2006
FREE XBOX 360!
Mood:  chillin'
This is no joke go to my page and click on the
free xbox 360 link and sign up!
https://www.angelfire.com/crazy/dmadman009

Posted by crazy/dmadman009 at 10:43 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 21 June 2006

Mood:  on fire
Now Playing: precisionclick

does anybody know when angelfire will ever take off precisionclick ad on freesites or not? getting pretty tired of seeing this everytime i go to my site

Posted by tn2/welcome at 10:53 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 20 June 2006

After signing in to the Angelfire, and I noticed the page didn't show anything on the right side of the page, except:

[INCLUDE OF "myAccount.tmpl.html" FAILED: Template file not found]

Please check it out for me. Thank you!

Posted by fl5/lisalk00 at 10:51 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 19 June 2006
No delete option
Okay, just joined angelfire. I uploaded a page as an experiment (just to make sure I was doing it right), and found I couldn't delete it, because there's no delete button in my web shell. Has this happened before? Is there something I can do about it?

Posted by droid/stimuli at 5:36 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Can you tell me how to fix my background image as one whole image instead of many small images into as one background ---my index.html
Thank you again in advance!

Posted by fl5/lisalk00 at 1:27 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 17 June 2006
placed a blog and it's gone
Mood:  on fire
Now Playing: not right
Topic: News
feelin so down. Getting letters from my X again. They are taking sides. Where is the priest and high priest.

Posted by hi5/allaroundtheworld at 4:51 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older