Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Monday, 19 June 2006

Can you tell me how to fix my background image as one whole image instead of many small images into as one background ---my index.html
Thank you again in advance!

Posted by fl5/lisalk00 at 1:27 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post

Monday, 19 June 2006 - 2:05 PM EDT

Name: dalleh

<body background="earth_night.jpg" leftmargin=2 topmargin=2 bgproperties="FIXED">

change the numbers in leftmargin=2 topmargin=2

to position the image on the page

Wednesday, 21 June 2006 - 5:50 PM EDT

Name: fl5/lisalk00

i changed the script just like below, but it still comes out many images! My testing page is:
copy_of_index.html (8k)

Please check it out for me. Thanks!

Wednesday, 21 June 2006 - 11:31 PM EDT

Name: dalleh

you have too many body tags all over the page try to put them all in one tag after the the head closing tag.

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Untitled</TITLE>
<scripts in head tags here>
</HEAD>

<BODY bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000" link="#0000ff" alink="#800080" vlink="#ff0000" onload="startStatusScroller();" background="St.Augustin8.jpg" leftmargin=2 topmargin=2 bgproperties="fixed">

<scripts in the body here >

</BODY>
</HTML>

Monday, 26 June 2006 - 9:41 PM EDT

Name: mamagoo

lisa, you going to have to make that background picture a larger demension in order for it to fit the whole page. your background is making tiles like that, because the picture is too small.

I see you replaced it with Spiral_garland.jpg, I'm referring to the graphic you started out with....LOL

do you have that picture in a larger size that I could work with? the pixels for a full page background graphic like that without tiling should be about 800x700 but too keep the file size small for faster loading, you will loose the clear resolution of that graphic.....
Here is your small graphic that I did using MSpaint try it and see if you would want it that way.

https://www.angelfire.com/mi2/magoosplace/St.Augustin8-large.jpg

just replace the picture your using ans see what you think. Like I said the resolution is not very good because I stretched your small graphic to a larger size. I added some non-graphic color to the top and bottom for demension.
however the Spiral_garland.jpg loks nice that you have there now.

View Latest Entries