Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Monday, 5 December 2011
Adsense ads not appearing
Is anybody else having trouble with adsense ads not coming on?

Posted by ak2/intelligencerreport at 8:51 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 3 December 2011
Link
Hi there, I am trying to create link to a file in my Media folder. it wont create the link.

Posted by nrfnwa at 8:42 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 2 December 2011
FrontPage not working
Topic: FrontPage

I've had an Angelfire account for several years, but recently my FrontPage updating feature stopped working.  I've read the instructions from Angelfire, but the Preferences button does not seem to appear anywhere.  Can someone give me specific and correct instructions to check and see if FrontPage has been disabled on my account,  please.....

Thanks,

Frank

Posted by pro/fkizer at 10:58 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (55) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 15 November 2011
Pop/Imap E-mail Account help

I'm having a problem adding Pop/Imap E-mail accounts to my account. I go to the control panel, click "Domain E-Mail," and then when I click "Add POP/IMAP E-mail Account" it takes me to the page "Domain Info."  It's the other way around when I try to add a sub-domain, it just takes me back to "Domain E-Mail."

I have a paid account that includes both of these features, why can't I access them? 

Posted by armoredchampions at 1:08 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 14 November 2011

How do I unpublish a website?  Hello,  Does anyone know how to unpublish a website? Please be specific.I could not find the unpublish button.  Thanks,Dan

Posted by clinciucompressor at 2:43 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 11 November 2011
new website
Mood:  don't ask

Just started this website 2 months ago and still nobody tried everything ready to give up. at http://nonestopshopping.com

any ideas

Posted by drenna9p at 2:12 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Friday, 11 November 2011 2:16 AM EST
Friday, 28 October 2011

I recently got a new computer that has windows 7 and I can't access my site manager to make changes to my existing website with webon/anglefire/lycos. The page comes up as a watermark, but then it never loads.  Is there some security thing about Windows 7 I don't know about that is preventing this?  I can still make the changes on my old computer, but that has its own set of problems.  Can anyone help me?

Posted by reginacoupar at 4:47 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 26 October 2011
Buddy Login/Seeing Group Posts Question

I'm having trouble seeing blog posts that I've marked as buddy/group shares rather than public.  Does anyone have this?  The posts are there, but even when I'm logged in or when my buddies are logged in, they are not visible.  I've tried having the entries marked as readable by a group, or readable by all buddies, but that doesn't help.  Hints would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Lisa Jarnot 

Posted by lisa jarnot at 4:53 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (47) | Permalink | Share This Post
Clarification of Certain Rules...

When I first strarted my Angelfire page, way back in 1999, before the merger with Lycos, I read in the rules that I am allowed to promote my own product or business, but not someone else's.  At the time I did not pay much attention, because I was here for entirely different reasons.  But now I need to ask for a clarification:

I recently self-published a book on lulu.com.  I would like to use my Angelfire page as part of my promotion of the book, and since I wrote the book, and recieve the royalties for each sale, I consider it to be within the rules, i.e. promoting my own product.  However, the way lulu.com works is, each copy of the book is printed only when someone orders it through them.  So, in order to promote my book, I would have to direct people to lulu.com's website.  Would this be considered a violation of the rules, i.e. promoting someone else's business?

Posted by wa/vagabond at 12:38 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (8) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 19 October 2011
Embedded midi's
Now Playing: Midi's

Does anyone know why embedded midi's no longer play using Google Chrome??  They won't play in my domain on Angelfire.  The .wav files are fine and the midi's are fin in Internet Explorer, but won't play in Chrome..

Anyone know of a code that works with Chrome??

Thanks

Betty

Posted by ga3/Qween at 6:26 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 13 October 2011
More popups and ads??
Mood:  not sure

Recently, we have been made aware that there are now even more popups and ads on all Lycos Network free services.

We understand that its free and ya'll need to make money off all this.  However, we wanted to let you know the complaints we have been getting from our own users - many of which have stopped coming to our site.

The users do not like the concept that Lycos' popups "weasel" their way past their blockers - quoting that only servers hosting malware would do such a thing.  They also do not like that all the extra popups are the same way, so instead of 1 popup getting past it all - they get 3 per page.  Another thing, the cookie tracking used to control popups doesn't always work like it used to.

We have been with ya'll for about 10ish years, and have noticed that Lycos' latest decisions are affecting user trustworthyness to sites on the Lycos network.  (Too many of our users have been begging us to leave Angelfire and Tripod for over 2 years.)

Posted by The DWS Team at 10:25 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 10 October 2011
Distoted, Ghost Imagery on My Page. . .
My page xxlab.angelfire.com has now been displaying a distorted childish-looking copy of a small image I have since removed from teh top.

I cannot get this distorted ghost image to disappear and was wondering if anyone here knew some tricks to remove it.

Please, before all of our clientele thinks we are a business run by an 11year old from an iPhone!

Posted by xxlab at 7:10 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (10) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 7 October 2011
Newbie needs help

I'm new to Angelfire and I need a calendar on my site that I can keep updated monthly?  What's the best way to do this plz?  Also need to know how to get a map inset showing my local business location.  When I tried the map add-on it gave me the whole USA map.  I'd appreciate any help I can get!  I've a lot to learn ;)

Thanks!

Posted by rzsportsbar-grill at 9:14 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 28 September 2011
What is phone number
what is the phone number to get in contact with angelfire?

Posted by ak2/intelligencerreport at 4:49 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
switching from "free" to "basic"

I've had a "free" page since '99 and am planning on switching to "Basic."

I've searched in help and blogs (and submitted a help ticket - no answer) but can't find the answer to my questions which are:

When I switch, will my address stay the same?  (https://www.angelfire.com/sc/clydesdale/)

If not, how will it change (if I don't buy a domain name)

and, if it does change, will visitors who use the old address be redirected to the new one?

TIA for any/all help!

Posted by sc/clydesdale at 2:29 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 26 September 2011
help with nre site
our club has a site that i get to through web shell. under site builder i built a new site that we want to replace the other one with. how do i replace the one in web shell with the one in site builder. when i click to publish it, it wants me to add a name to it (??). i am just not sure what i need to do. can someone please hlp me 

Posted by mi4/campingclub at 10:08 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
please help with new site
can some please help me......i posted this a bit ago and got no help, i just dont know what to do. is there not a number i can call..... my last past was:

right now when i go to publish this box comes up: PUBLISH TO A SUBDIRECTORY OF THE SITE

URL WILL BE HTTP:THE ADDRESS  it than wants me to enter a name.

we already have a web page and i am wanting to replace it with a new one i just made but i can not figure it out

Posted by mi4/campingclub at 9:32 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 17 September 2011
How do I make an Imageboard?
Mood:  cool
Now Playing: DREAMS DREAMS-NiGHTS into Dreams...
Topic: HTML Questions

Ok, I really want an answer to this. I want to make an imageboard based off danbooru. Here's what danbooru looks like:

http://danbooru.donmai.us/

I want to add an imageboard to my site like Danbooru. The problem is, I don't know to do it, and I don't know jack about html or scripting or anything like that. Could someone tell me how to put an imageboard on my site without html scripting?

By the way, here's my site:

http://dreamsdreamagain.angelfire.com/

The imageboard will be NiGHTS only.

Thanks in advance,

Madison-chan

Posted by dreamsdreamagain at 11:08 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 15 September 2011
web address problem
Mood:  caffeinated
This is my problem.... clients type in "www.pinkglitteronline.angelfire.com" to log in to my site... problem is, they can't since my site is "pinkglitteronline.angelfire.com" they can't go to my site when they have "www" at the start.... what can i do so that they'll go to my site when they type in either of the address

Posted by pinkglitteronline at 11:05 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (49) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 9 September 2011
Trooper Minton Mansell
Topic: Image Questions

Hello,

I'm new to this but I'm hoping someone out there can help me find more information about this angelfire site; https://www.angelfire.com/mp/memorials/Graphic/BG5.htm

I came across this site while doing some family research. I have been collecting and putting together old family photos and their stories for eight years now. While searching for more imformation on my great uncle Minton Mansell this site came up; https://www.angelfire.com/mp/memorials/Graphic/BG5.htm

The first photo on this site is a photo I've never seen of my great uncle Minton. I hoping to be able to communicate with whoever has this photo or put it on this site. I'm curious if they might be a distant relative also doing family research or someone with more information or photos of my great uncle.

To share I have over 600 photos and documents relating to the descendants of Thomas and Anne Mansell.  I don't know that I'll be able to figure out this site so if you can help please email me at barbwonderful@hotmail.com

Posted by esqueenytoru at 11:00 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (9) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older