Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Friday, 29 June 2007
Upgrading site
Mood:  irritated

(I entered a support ticket about this, but I have the feeling I might get a faster response here.) I decided to upgrade my Neon account to the Argon level. I signed into my account, clicked on the "upgrade" option, selected the plan I want, and then the page that comes up wants to assign me a completely new URL based on a completely different user name! I don't want a new URL, I just want to upgrade my service at the URL (www.angelfire.com/anime2/nephandnaru) I already have! Plus there's all this business, depending on what "upgrade" link you click, with Lycos User Aliases and all these other different member names that I don't know what they are and what I'm supposed to enter.

Grrrr.

If someone can tell me, in very easy-to-understand terms, how I can upgrade the website I already have, with the member name and URL I already have, I would appreciate it. (You'd think that if Angelfire wants us to give them more of our money, they'd make it easier and less confusing!) 

Posted by moon momma at 6:01 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (11) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 28 June 2007
Angelfire Updates
Topic: News

This afternoon, the Angelfire Team released several major (and long-due) changes to the site.

Most obviously, the Angelfire Blog software has been updated to a newer version than that which is running on our sister site, Tripod. This release includes a new flow for making comments and entries, an improved text editor with WYSIWYG editing, and other improvements. This text editor is newer than the one currently on Tripod and should work for Safari users and others that had difficulty there.

We've also updated the MS FrontPage support a bit to make it harder for spammers to attack MS FrontPage messageboards. We're going to try and clean up some of the spam posts that users have complained about, though this may not be right away. (It's a tricky thing to do correctly.)

Domain assignment logic has now been cleaned up and there is now a configuration option for perferred domains, etc. on your My Account pages.

There were some hiccups during the day and some bugs do remain for some blogs. The team is working on delivering a fix ASAP. If you have any issues, you can leave a comment here and I'll make sure your problems are sent right up to our development team. 

Posted by ma3/jpranevich at 7:29 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (23) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 26 June 2007
upgrading account
I have a Neon-level account (lowest level paid account) and I'm considering upgrading to the next level. I would like some input from others who have done this.

First of all, the upgrade would come with a free domain name. Do you have to take the domain name, or is this optional? I've gotten along fine all these years without one; I want the upgrade for the increased space and the more detailed stats, not the domain name. And is it really free? I've seen questions posted in this blog suggesting that you actually have to go buy it from Lycos.

My concern about getting a domain name is that my site has been around for over six years and is linked in a lot of places, and it would be impossible for me to contact all the webmasters where my site is linked to ask them to change the link. Will people clicking on links to the old site name be able to access the site under the domain name?

Finally, I also saw several entries in this blog where people who were trying to upgrade actually got knocked back down to the free service level. Is this a common problem or were those a few rare exceptions?

I appreciate any feedback anyone can give me so I can decide whether or not I want to upgrade. Thanks!

Posted by moon momma at 2:06 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 15 June 2007
Front Page Form Failure
Topic: FrontPage
1. Using Frontpage 2003 & windows XP.
I have created a form on my ‘Request Service’
page, which I want to have visitors fill out and then have it e-mailed to me when submitted. The form works fine when testing directly from the page by accessing it at
www.angelfire.com/planet/akoilchange/service_requ
est.htm
(That is that it does send the form to me
via e-mail and takes visitor to the completion
page.) However, when accessed from within the
web site’s structure it fails for send the form and
sends the users to an error page.
2. I've tried contacting Angelfire help and support and haven't heard a thing from them in 2 weeks other than they got my request. What's up with support?

Any suggestions as to how to
correct this problem?
Thanks

Posted by planet/akoilchange at 7:41 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (13) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 14 June 2007
Testing
testing

Posted by dalleh at 4:51 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 22 May 2007
Gas Prices
Mood:  a-ok
Hi all,
this is my second attempt at blogging.
Not sure how to open it or etc. but will hang in there to join the crowd of bloggers.
What do you all think of the escalting gas prices?
What are we to do when it takes a full days pay to fill the gas tank, and maybe some of tomorrows wages too!
tammy
my homepage

Posted by la3/tammyb at 8:29 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 21 May 2007
help?
I am new to this site and I can't get my site on the search engine where other people can view my site. My site: aschreiner0713.angelfire.com. Please Help.

Posted by aschreiner0713 at 6:59 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 19 May 2007

Hello, my website one page named: LK_movie.html, two videos do not work. Why? Yesterday was working good.
Please check for me!!!
Thank you.

Posted by fl5/lisalk00 at 9:04 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 18 May 2007
Login Problems
Mood:  sad
Hi everyone,

I'm having some problems with logging in to my angelfire site and I was wondering if anyone can help me with this.

The URL of my angelfire site is https://www.angelfire.com/games3/clanskyriders. For my username, I've always put /games3/clanskyriders/ and then the password. Tonight, however, I keep getting directed to a page that says that the entry doesn't match any records on the files.

I'm not sure, but I suppose that this has something to do with the changes that were made to the "style" of angelfire membernames last week.

Is there anything at all that I can do to regain access to my site? The last couple of hours have been very frustrating and I hope that someone out there can help me with this.

Thank You.

Posted by realskyrider at 3:17 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 17 May 2007
Can;t seem to post
II cannot seem to post.

The text does not show up in

Edit Posted
Entries

nor in

Edit Draft
Entries

If I try to save it as a Draft

Posted by ky/kentuckydan at 5:43 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Can't Post
I cannot post I have tried several times the text does not show up in posts nor drafts

Posted by ky/kentuckydan at 5:40 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 11 May 2007
Bug Angelfire Update
Angelfire has had a major backend update this week which will be big news for new members, though doesn't immediately affect current members.

From this point on, all new member accounts will be "normal" membernames (without the weird prefixes) and those accounts will have a URL of membername.angelfire.com. So, if you went and signed up today for an account named "supertoby", you'd have a URL of "supertoby.angelfire.com". That's pretty nice.

Current members will continue to work exact as they have worked before, without change. We also presently don't have any way of transferring an account from the old style name (www.angelfire.com/prefix/name) to the new style name, but you can create a new account and transfer over your files yourself. (We may someday offer this, but currently there are a number of bugs in the process and we don't want to expose any members to the risks.)

The club was down for a day as the new software was clashing with "club.angelfire.com", thinking that "club" was its membername. We've corrected the bug.

If you see any problems, please respond in this thread and I will raise them to the appropiate people.

Posted by ma3/jpranevich at 6:48 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Hi Angelfire Friends,
I made a page named LK_movie.html(4k). i can see and open the videos on my computer, but unable to open video links on that page in other computer!!! PLEASE HELP.
Thanks

Posted by fl5/lisalk00 at 10:50 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 10 May 2007

Test entry

Posted by club at 8:23 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 9 May 2007
Image protection
Mood:  not sure
Topic: Image Questions
I have just created a webpage and wondered if its possible to put a protection on the photos/images used. My niece pointed out that you can right click and save picture onto your computor etc, is there anyway this can be avoided or is there a way u can protect your pictures. Many thanks

Posted by planet/anita5 at 5:17 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post

Hi Angelfire Friends
i made a file name is called LK.movie.html(4k)
the top and the bottom between the video, it seems have extra space. Please help and check for me.
Thank you very much.
Lisa

Posted by fl5/lisalk00 at 1:52 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 5 May 2007
Testing using Firefox
Testing using Firefox, played with the date

Posted by dalleh at 12:01 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 4 May 2007
bg image again
Mood:  d'oh
How do I have one background image and have it fill the page?

Posted by crazy/peppermintcrunch at 10:35 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 3 May 2007
background image and color
I want to have a background image tiled with a background color. Please help.

Posted by crazy/peppermintcrunch at 2:01 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
How do I add right panel to my site in advanced customization?
I would like to add a right panel to my site using advanced customization

What do I add to the index.btbl file to create a new right panel??

Here's what my site looks like now..

https://www.angelfire.com/zine2/athomedad/index.blog

I currently just have a left panel, and need one on the right side also.

I tried adding this but it didn't work..

#panel {
position: absolute;
right: 0;
padding: 15px;
}

Any help would be aprec!!!

- Pete

Posted by athomedad at 12:04 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older