Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Saturday, 19 May 2007

Hello, my website one page named: LK_movie.html, two videos do not work. Why? Yesterday was working good.
Please check for me!!!
Thank you.

Posted by fl5/lisalk00 at 9:04 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post

Sunday, 20 May 2007 - 3:11 AM EDT

Name: tom

Hi Lisa,

I went to your movie page @ URL:
https://www.angelfire.com/fl5/lisalk00/LK_movie.html
and clicked on the three videos offered. The download
prompt boxes all came up; however, having only a dial-up
connection, I didn't go any further.

What is it, actually, that doesn't work?

Tom
===

Sunday, 20 May 2007 - 9:31 PM EDT

Name: dalleh

It started to load and took forever so i gave up.

Monday, 21 May 2007 - 9:09 AM EDT

Name: cw

Lisa if you didn't change anything in your code then it's likely those movies expired from your browser cache so will need to download to your computer again before playing.

I looked at your page yesterday. The 3 movies I saw on that page are much too large for a web page especially for visitors on a slow connection like modem. I see video file sizes of 60 MB, 40 MB, and 81MB. Figure 3-5 minutes to download each MB on modem and you'll see that a 60 MB file will take at least 3-4 hours to download.

Your best bet would be to edit or optimize those videos to get their file sizes way, way down if you want to post them on a web page. At their current sizes they will all be slow to load even on a fast connection.

Also, though this won't speed up download, your movie page html has several major errors. Each html file should have just one set of html and body tags. I see at least 2 head tags and 3 body tags and think I saw extra meta tags sets as well. That may cause display problems in some browsers.

View Latest Entries