Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Wednesday, 6 April 2005
Feedback form with MS FrontPage.......please help!!!
I have uploaded all of the files for my website which were created in Microsoft FrontPage 2000. With the feedback form, when the user clicks on 'submit', they get taken to an error page which says about FrontPage extensions. I have already enabled FrontPage extensions in Angelfire, and I have tried many different ways to get this working and I have published the whole website in FrontPage, but it is still not working properly.

Can anyone help?

Posted by rock3/eddstanley at 3:36 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post

Wednesday, 6 April 2005 - 3:45 PM EDT

Name: rock3/eddstanley

well...its kinda working now. It goes ot another page anbd says 'thank you' after clicking the submit button, but I don't recieve the email in my inbox, which I is supposed to do.

Thursday, 7 April 2005 - 1:17 AM EDT

Name: mamagoo

I just viewed your form and
your form is working and your feed back text is going to this private directory in your web shell

/_private/feedback.txt

so go to the web shell and open and view the _private directory there and you will see a file named feedback.txt

if you don't see that directory then post back but it should be there

good luck

it is not set up to go to your e-mail

however after the visitor submits the form they will get a confirmation mail in their mail if they filled out their e-mail addy field.....

Thursday, 7 April 2005 - 1:50 AM EDT

Name: re:mamagoo

the visitor does not get a confirmation, sorry bout that
but

I was mistaken in the first reply,
the feedback text should also go to your e-mail. and also to the _private folder in your directory.....

Did you check your hotmail bulk mail or spam folder it might be going there....

View Latest Entries