Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Wednesday, 6 April 2005
Directing two domains, and selecting which page to put where
Mood:  not sure
Topic: FrontPage
I have upgraded from Neon to Argon, with the assurance that with two domain names, I can put everything on retro/beadracer. How do I select which domain points to which file? Is this a Front Page function (both websites are built with Front Page 2002) or an HTML function? Please send me any ideas to karen@beadracer.com.

thanks.

Posted by retro/beadracer at 12:15 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post

Wednesday, 6 April 2005 - 12:37 PM EDT

Name: dalleh

can you tell me the 2 adrresses domains that you are talking about?
when you publish the web site using fp from your pc you need to direct it to angelfire address.

Wednesday, 6 April 2005 - 12:55 PM EDT

Name: jrp34

One of the two domain names will likely be associated with your account as a whole. You can make a second (or third or fourth) domain name associate with a subdirectory of your site.

So:

mydomain1.com -> angelfire.com/retro/beadracer
mydomain2.com -> angelfire.com/retro/beadracer/mydomain2

Does that make sense?

JP

Tuesday, 26 April 2005 - 11:17 AM EDT

Name: retro/beadracer
Home Page: http://beadracer.com

Thanks. That makes sense. right now both beadracer.com and dejavuvintageracing.com both currrently point to angelfire.com/retro/beadracer. How do I get the second one to point to another place? Where do I put the instruction for pointing?

Thanks for your help, JP.

Karen

View Latest Entries