Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Saturday, 2 April 2005
tracking traffic
Now Playing: mozart
Do the codes on the traffic report give any indication where a computer might be located? Last night, a visitor posted a somewhat raunchy message to the guestbook, which I've blocked. From the time posted by HTML Gear, I was able to determine the source: 24.255.19.66 Does this code tell me anything, such as state, city, provider or anything else? Thanks.

Posted by az3/goladyjags at 11:26 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post

Saturday, 2 April 2005 - 6:03 PM EST

Name: cw
Home Page: http://www.arin.net/whois/

ISP is cox.net, Atlanta. You can use the tool at the link above. Because blocks of IP addresses are shared among many customers you won't get any more specific info than that.

Saturday, 2 April 2005 - 7:22 PM EST

Name: az3/goladyjags

Thanks, CW. Am I correct in assuming it could be a cox.net subscriber in any state?

Saturday, 2 April 2005 - 8:17 PM EST

Could be but the IP look up is showing atlanta. Cox is a very large ISP with a wide service area. I *think* an IP block would probably be assigned to each local (toll free) exchange/server. I could be wrong but chances are your spammer was somewhere near Atlanta.

Sunday, 3 April 2005 - 12:03 AM EST

Name: az3/goladyjags

Thanks again. The Arin website is a great help, and a lot of fun to use. Through it, I was able to determine which college coaches have been following my players, so it's a great tool for me in recruiting.

Sunday, 3 April 2005 - 8:12 AM EST

Smart coach! :). Glad it helped

View Latest Entries