Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Saturday, 19 February 2005
Angelfire Pop-ups
Mood:  blue
I recently learned that Angelfire has long since taken away the option to choose between banners and pop-ups. Unfortunately, I am stuck with the banners at the top and bottom of my page, because I mindlessly switched it over from pop-ups the other day. However, I just thought I'd post (even though I'm sure the majority here already know) that if you already had pop-ups prior to that option being taken away, and you wish to keep the pop-ups, just don't update that option on your Account page. If you will notice, many other sites on Angelfire still have the pop-up option in play, because I'm assuming they haven't updated their account information in some time. Angelfire does not automatically switch them over to banners.

Posted by nb/tears_in_heaven at 2:08 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Tuesday, 22 February 2005 - 7:53 AM EST

Name: tom
Home Page: https://www.angelfire.com/indie/what1

Actually, all free Angelfire webpages feature
the top & bottom banner ads, plus the pop-ups,
regardless of preferences selected.

These ads & pop-ups may be completely eliminated, with a simple upgrade to a paid account.

Thursday, 24 February 2005 - 1:38 AM EST

Name: nb/tears_in_heaven

Really? That?s strange, because that was not the case with my website. Pop up adds were always present, but banners were completely nonexistent until I updated My Account page (I hadn't done that in quite some time, which is why I was unaware that they had taken the option to choose away). In fact, the option to choose was still displayed on the page. Also, some of the other websites I visit often, which were created 2-3 years ago, do not have the banners at the bottom of their pages. ;\ Oh, well. I suppose I'll just have to think about upgrading, huh?

View Latest Entries