Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Wednesday, 27 April 2005
Sudden problem running perl script
Mood:  quizzical
Topic: HTML Questions
I have a script that I have been running for a few months now on from my website to assist me in conducting a survey. The script is written in perl and I upgraded my Angelfire account to Neon so that I could run it. (Basic free accounts can't run homegrown CGI scripts.) All of a sudden, it's returning a "File Not Found - 404 message - errorcode 400" but if I change the name of the file from .pl to .pm or even .PL (and change the corresponding call on my index.html), it displays the text so I know it's finding the file. The script was working up until a week or two ago! Has anyone else suddenly lost the ability to run perl from their website?

Posted by folk/timhadfield at 6:18 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post

Wednesday, 27 April 2005 - 6:41 PM EDT

Name: jrp34

Can you please give me the specific URL? We'll check to see if it is a problem related to today's release.

Thursday, 28 April 2005 - 10:17 AM EDT

Name: folk/timhadfield
Home Page: https://www.angelfire.com/folk/timhadfield

Yes thanks it's: www.angelfire.com/folk/timhadfield/cgi-bin/survey.pl

(It's also linked to my homepage)

BTW, the errorcode was actually 404 Page not found errorcode 500 (not 400 as previously written)

Thursday, 28 April 2005 - 3:23 PM EDT

Name: Tim Hadfield
Home Page: https://www.angelfire.com/folk/timhadfield

You guys are too cool. Thanks for the fix!

View Latest Entries