Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Friday, 6 July 2007
Hit counters not working
Topic: FrontPage

Has Angelfire made changes that no longer allow my hit counters to work?

I use FP 2003, and my hit counters have worked fine up untill about a week ago.  They look fine from Front Page, but do not show up when I view my page on the web; only a box with a red "X" where the counter should be.

I've been trying to get to live chat to ask, but it's rarely available.

Anyone know anything about this?

Posted by oh2/kinsmantile at 7:03 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 15 June 2007
Front Page Form Failure
1. Using Frontpage 2003 & windows XP.
I have created a form on my ‘Request Service’
page, which I want to have visitors fill out and then have it e-mailed to me when submitted. The form works fine when testing directly from the page by accessing it at
www.angelfire.com/planet/akoilchange/service_requ
est.htm
(That is that it does send the form to me
via e-mail and takes visitor to the completion
page.) However, when accessed from within the
web site’s structure it fails for send the form and
sends the users to an error page.
2. I've tried contacting Angelfire help and support and haven't heard a thing from them in 2 weeks other than they got my request. What's up with support?

Any suggestions as to how to
correct this problem?
Thanks

Posted by planet/akoilchange at 7:41 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (13) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 28 February 2007
Publishing problem with Frontpage
Mood:  not sure
Please help. When I try to publish, Frontpage tells me "a web site does not exist at ....". I was just publishing a week ago. Could it be because I moved my web folder around on the computer? I disabled and enabled frontpage with no luck. Deleted the service.lck, reinstalled frontpage, saved another copy of web site and tried that one. I have three sites and they all show the same thing. What am I doing wrong? Anyone have some ideas?
thanks,
kurt

Posted by falcon2/naganofamily2 at 3:44 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 6 November 2006
I DONT KNOW HOW TO BUILD A WEB SIT(S)
Now Playing: NEED HELP SERIOUSLY
I NEED HELP BADLY TO BUILD MORE THEN ONE WEBSITES HHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!

Posted by funky/blackdiamondmoon at 10:58 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 19 August 2006
just another day
Mood:  chillin'
well its now aug 19 2006 not long till christmas..looks like i am going to be busy for the next few weeks doing doll challenges maybe i can win a prize .. so i am just sitting here ..playing games and twiddling my thumbs lol.. anyone wanna chat.bren

Posted by psy/bren at 10:22 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 11 July 2006
Ads and Frontpage
Hi,
I've been given a complete website that I have edited and uploaded to Angelfire through Frontpage. My problem is that the tile banner (and on some other computers the menu on the left hand side) shows up as ads. There are some ads above the top title banner (where I assume they should be), but they are cut off halfway and then repeated just below, where the title should be.

I'm new to Angelfire and to Frontpage and would appreciate any explanation of what is going on and how to fix it!
https://www.angelfire.com/planet/free_companie/FreeMain6.htm

Many thanks.

Yvonne

Posted by planet/free_companie at 11:20 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 17 May 2006

Mood:  irritated
Angelfire - error 403
Username: Password:
err-or! er-ror - 403!

How do I fix this error message? I see someone back in Oct. had the same problem. I have been trying to update our church website for over a week now. I may be over my space limit, but I can't get to it to delete anything. I have tried everything that Angelfire has suggested.

Posted by ny5/lishaskill2 at 9:14 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 6 May 2006
HELP! PLEASE!!! :( My links wont work...
Mood:  sad
My home page will not let the links work. i did just as the training guide or w/e said... but it still fails to work. Would someone please be so kind to help me w/ this :-\ Id really appericiate it!

Thanks again
BoneZ
aka Felicia

Posted by crazy/xxbonezxx at 2:31 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 4 March 2006

can any one tell me why the changes i make to my page dont showup except in the preview if so please contact me at danny_criss92@yahoo.com thanks

Posted by crazy/gtosite at 2:25 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 28 February 2006
Recurring counter reset
About four times in the past two weeks, my front page hit counter has reset to 0. (I have counters on inside pages, and they're unaffected.)

Thoughts? Thanks.

Posted by scifi/prstuff at 2:49 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 24 February 2006

I need help. I am publishing using my frontpage and for some reason my graphics are on top of the ads. How can I fix his? Please email me at stejian24@aol.com to help! thanks

Posted by planet/stejian at 2:50 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 10 January 2006
Link Bars won't FTP correctly?
I added link bars to my site (on a left shared border), as I am adding more pages, and want navigation to be easy for people. For many of the styles that I choose for link bars, I cannot ftp them. I get a message that"

The following pages in your web site contain link bars or navigation bars that use new formatting options. They will not display properly because the server your are publishing to does not support these features.

How can I get link bar styles that will work with angelfire?

Thanks!

Posted by ny4/Cazenovia1996 at 12:57 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 28 December 2005
thumbnails aren't showing
I just put a page together with thumbnails but they aren't showing. If you click on the outline it will load the full sized picture.

When I inserted the images I used the auto-thumbnail feature on Frontpage 2002.

Any suggestions?

Posted by mn3/dnrdocuments at 10:54 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (9) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 22 December 2005
Frustration
Mood:  don't ask
Now Playing: n/a
Hi there, I go visit my web site this afternoon, when I saw a new commercial for Lycos-Google, a blue search bar directly in the top of each and every angelfire's page. I know with that new publicity it crap entirely my top menu, I put 3 differents displays on my PC, still can't access my top menu, I know that I'm not the only one with that problem, I don't know if there's a way to remove that stupid search bar, personnaly I don't care at all about those search bar.

Posted by pq/WWWF at 6:03 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 21 December 2005

Now Playing: NOTHING
I AM ANNOYED BECAUSE I CAN'T DO MY FRONT PAGE

Posted by funky/sillysister at 2:10 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 3 December 2005
FrontPage graphics help
Hi there...I am kind of new to this web building thing. I am building my website in FrontPage. I have a graphic on the page. When I upload it into Angelfire and then view it, the graphic just shows up as a red x...how do I fix this.

Thanks in advance.

Jessica

Posted by mech/jasonandjessicaery at 6:13 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 28 November 2005

Hello Happy Holidays Everyone,

On Directory-under computer, there is a very nice website (The College). i wonder is there anyone who can tell me how to do the moving table over the background?

Please POST here or email to: lisalkk88@yahoo.com
Thank you very much for your time!

Posted by fl5/lisalk00 at 12:32 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 24 November 2005
Trouble with abode reader
Mood:  sad
Can anyone help with this problem?
I have some links on my site (made with FrontPage)that open documents that are in Abode reader. They worked ok for a few weeks but now they wont open. Message says 'cant find file'.!!!They still open on my backup site on my pc though!!!

kporegan@optusnet.com.au

Posted by hi5/interactive_learning at 1:54 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 8 November 2005

Mood:  a-ok
Now Playing: david & gina
david & gina see the website

Posted by pop2/peter-rufus at 2:40 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (11) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 3 November 2005
david & gina website
Mood:  on fire
hello this is david & gina welcome to the website see the big family we love the family & friends so have fun looking at the website

Posted by pop2/peter-rufus at 11:13 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older