Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Tuesday, 19 July 2005
Just got a domain... now what?
Mood:  quizzical
Now Playing: www.myspace.com/danatalie
so here's the problem... i manage a website for a friend. she finally got fed up with the ads and stuff so we decided to upgrade to the Xenon package. well they're gone, yay. but my problem is, now that we've reserved the domain, how do we transfer the pages to it?

Posted by pa5/sba at 6:18 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 17 July 2005
sorry to keep bugging everyone
Mood:  accident prone
I went ahead and took advantage of the $19.95 a year domain change. Because email comes with it, I went to my index page, which has had a link to my personal email address for the last couple years. I was thinking of changing to the domain link to my personal email.

I went to my webshell, and even though the link to my email address appears on the index page of the web site, it's nowhere to be found on the webshell. Any idea of why and what I need to do?

Thanks!

Posted by az3/goladyjags at 9:36 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
music issue
Mood:  irritated
Topic: HTML Questions
hm..ok...I have this website and I try to to put music to it...so like i was wondering in what way can I do so when people enter to my website, it doesn't show the 'download' thingy to download the song....because i've been in other side, and it automatically plays without showing the download box...
eek, i hope i make myself clear ><

Posted by amiga2/oneesan at 3:47 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Flash presentation
I have a flash intro that I would like people to see when entering my site, but I don't know how to put it there (I'm using the basic editor). Would apreciate your help on this one =)

Posted by punk5/2-l8 at 1:02 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Oh My God!
Mood:  hungry
Topic: Image Questions
Ok, here's the deal, when i try to view my page from another computer it asks me for my username and password. How do I undo this stupidness. Also everytime i try to view a page it creates a file called .cnt. Like, say i try to view my index.html page, angelfire will automatically create a file called index.cnt. What is the deal?!?

Posted by art3/darrenelkow at 12:03 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
how do i edit my home page?
Mood:  quizzical
Now Playing: The calling
i want to change my home page, i can only seem to edit my blog, i can not find the way to change https://www.angelfire.com/dragon3/naomi_campbell WANT TO PERSONALISE HELP PLEASE

Posted by dragon3/naomi_campbell at 2:32 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 16 July 2005
can't make a new page
Topic: FrontPage
Im new here and I am trying to make a new page but everytime i click 'create'(i make sure it has .html after it) it says an "error occured while opening th file" I keep trying but it keeps saying the same thing. What's wrong with it?? I'm really lost right now. please help me!

Posted by dragon3/girl13 at 7:23 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Saturday, 16 July 2005 7:27 PM EDT
Friday, 15 July 2005
scrolling photo marquee
Mood:  not sure
Now Playing: photo marquee
Topic: HTML Questions
anyone know where a free photo marquee can be had ??? are they javascript based ??? Sam E www.CubanFotos.com

Posted by Alyssa at 8:52 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Anyone else get this?
Mood:  not sure
I just got this email from: Angelfire5@mmail.angelfire.com

Looks like spam or phish, because I don't see anything on the angelfire site like it. Does anyone know anything about it?

GET A DOMAIN NAME FOR ONLY $19.95 A YEAR!

Dear Angelfire Member,

Make a statement and express yourself by getting a unique Domain Name that will link to your Web-site (Example: yourname.com). It’s an easy and inexpensive way to make an online presence. Learn more.

Free Domain Forwarding:
You can assign your new Domain Name to your Angelfire Web-site for seamless integration. Or, if your Web-site is hosted elsewhere, you can easily forward your Domain Name. Tell us the URL and we'll take care of the rest. We even support dynamic DNS updates! Learn more.

3 Free POP/IMAP E-mail Boxes and E-mail Forwards:
Send and receive e-mail from your personal address (example: you@yourname.com). You'll also receive 15 MB of storage per inbox, which lets you store all of your e-mails, and download them from anywhere using your favorite e-mail client! Or use our new Web-mail tool to send and receive e-mail from any computer with internet access. You can also forward e-mail addressed to your Domain to your existing e-mail accounts. You'll never miss a message! Learn more.

3 Free Sub Domains:
Have a music section on your web-site? Set up music.yourname.com. It's an easy and free way to get your visitors to where they want to go. Learn more.

Sincerely,
Team Angelfire
Angelfire Domains

Angelfire is a registered trademark of Lycos, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Please do not reply to this email. If you would like to stop receiving promotional email from Angelfire Domains at
XXXX.com then,
- Click Here
- Go to Email Subscriptions and click on Lycos Property Emails
- Uncheck the Angelfire Email List box and click Update Subscriptions.

This message has been sent by Angelfire, 100 Fifth Avenue, MS 248, Waltham, MA 02451, and may constitute an
advertisement or solicitation within the meaning of the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003.
E01

Posted by az3/goladyjags at 6:55 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (12) | Permalink | Share This Post
my last entry isn't there but it is when you highlight it
https://www.angelfire.com/fl5/afloridagal/blog

I typed my last entry out and then put in an image. Now when I very my last entry I have to highlight it to get it to show. My viewers won't know to do that. I don't know how to fix this? This has never happened before.

Posted by Holli at 3:15 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post

Mood:  special
hello,
i'm new and will like to know mor on frontpage besides scrolling text.

please mail your reply to the email below.
and also i want to know how to publish my documents on my new site courtesy angelfire.com
please help me
thanks
yours sincerely
Mfon Moses
mfonedetmoses@yahoo.co.uk

Posted by space2/2mysterious at 12:26 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Going nuts! Need help with managing links!
Now Playing: They're Coming to Take Me Away...Ha! Ha!
Every time I type in the links that I want to appear on the side of the page, I type it one way, and it comes out another! I did a lot of them that worked just fine, and then starting yesterday, they're acting goofy.

Now, for instance, if I am adding links to www.dancersdelight.org/products...Say I want to add one to www.allnaturalhealthworks.com...Now it is coming out www.dandersdelight.org/productswww.allnaturalhealthworks.com Well, obviously, that will not work!

Doe anyone know what's going on and how I can set it right? The release date for this site is SOON!

Please email any responses to me at allnatureworks@aol.com . Thanks!

Posted by dancer's delight at 8:22 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thank you for your help..
I just want to take a minute or two out to thank you for those helping us with issues here. I've seen a few upset posters and you've handled them quite well. I just wanted to thank you for taking the time out and helping as you all do.

I know that if I have any questions that I can always count on you for the answers. Thank you again.

Posted by Holli at 7:49 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 14 July 2005
How come I can't put my images in other websites????
Mood:  hug me
on my other site, it comes out "IMAGE HOSTED BY ANGELFIRE" i don't want this to happen. Why does it do that and how can i make it stop?

Posted by moon2/mizt44 at 6:11 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Thursday, 14 July 2005 6:12 PM EDT
change of advertisements
Mood:  surprised
Why I always get these Islamic advertisements on my web site? Can I ask for another kind of advertisement to be put on it?

Posted by Mus at 4:44 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
HELP!!!
Hi. I'm using publisher 2003 for my website and everytime I try to upload it after I type my name and password the program freezes and if it doesn't freeze there are no graphics. I tried contacting microsoft but nothing they told me works. Does anyone know what to do to fix this problem?

Posted by art2/nicolephotography at 3:02 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
MY IMAGES AREN'T SHOWING UP FULL QUALITY!!! WHY??????
Okay, so i uploaded my image into one of my directories, and before uploading it I went into Adobe Photoshop CS and went to "Image Size" to make the picture smaller so it doesn't take long to upload. Now then, after that I went to "Save for Web" where I made the picture 100% quality. And the file size was less than 200KB. When I uploaded it into the directory and when I looked at it IT WAS ALL SH**** AND CRAPPY. THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME AND I REALLY NEED TO FIX IT. I have a website about my manga (artwork) and all the pictures look like sh** the image URL is https://www.angelfire.com/anime6/supismanga/pictures/haruka_tribal.jpg and the website is https://www.angelfire.com/anime6/supismanga/index.html please help because it is really starting to BUG THE HELL OUT OF ME!!!! Thank you very much

Posted by anime6/supismanga at 12:13 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Blog Directory?
I was just wondering if angelfire has some sort of a blog directory, so i can find other people's blogs easily. I was looking in the directory on the angelfire main page, but that all seems to be like websites, not blogs...

Posted by music6/confuzzled at 2:23 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 13 July 2005

Mood:  don't ask
Now Playing: ???
Hi All,
Maybe someone had some experience with that...
I built a site using frontpage 2003, and uploaded it to my home directory using ftp clinet.
It uploaded everithing except it didn't let me create any _vti_cnf subdirectories which are part of the FP sites projects. It said: "Permission denied".
My account is FP enabled.

Any advice???

Thanks!

Posted by amiga2/biluykid at 11:04 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
php
Mood:  hungry
Does Angelfire support php?

Posted by comics/youthgroup at 3:35 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older