Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Sunday, 17 July 2005
sorry to keep bugging everyone
Mood:  accident prone
I went ahead and took advantage of the $19.95 a year domain change. Because email comes with it, I went to my index page, which has had a link to my personal email address for the last couple years. I was thinking of changing to the domain link to my personal email.

I went to my webshell, and even though the link to my email address appears on the index page of the web site, it's nowhere to be found on the webshell. Any idea of why and what I need to do?

Thanks!

Posted by az3/goladyjags at 9:36 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Sunday, 17 July 2005 - 11:05 PM EDT

Name: mamagoo

you won't find your e-mail in your web shell there is a link at the top of the page on the web shell to the domain mail there, however....
here is the lycos domain e-mail page

http://webmail.domains.lycos.com/angelfire/

but first you have to create a domain mail name and password that you want to use form your account area.

do this in your domain account area where it says domain mail.
choose the POP method then
choose a name to use, for instance
goladyjags or a name like Jane and a password to go with it....
it takes a few hours to propagate however

so now you will be
goladyjags@yourdomain.com
or
jane@yourdomain.com
etc etc....

go to the addy I gave above, and for username to log in you would use your full addy for instance:
goladyjags@yourdomain.com
or
jane@yourdomain.com
etc....
and then the password you choose to go with it....

keep in mind that you cannot get in to the lycos domain mail using your angelfire name and password

you can set this POP3 type mail up in Outlook Express or places like Yahoo Mail also

good luck and post back if your having difficulty doing this....

Sunday, 17 July 2005 - 11:20 PM EDT

Name: mamagoo again

this is not correct sorry,

"there is a link at the top of the page on the web shell to the domain mail there, however...."

correction:
but there is a link to domain mail server in your MyAccount- Domain E-Mail area.....

View Latest Entries