Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Friday, 9 March 2012
Help
Mood:  irritated
Now Playing: What is "Request has illegal value for param oldhost."
Topic: HTML Questions
I purchased a new domain and am trying to work on it but every time I try I get this message. I opened a ticket but a week later I have yet to get any answers from them and only one reply.  I want to edit the site in webshell but it says I have to assign it to Angelfire, tripod, etc... when I try to do this I get "Request has illegal value for param oldhost." no matter what I do. HELP

Posted by journal2/terry30701 at 10:09 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (116) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 5 March 2012
JavaScript
I am wanting to purchase a program, which I tested, to make my menus on my site look more professional. It is in Java Script. Can I upload JavaScript into the site and make it work? If so, how do I go about it?  I am using heavy html codes for the current menu and I am not pleased with the results. It works and has been for years but I want to clean it up. Please help with instructions. Gary G.

Posted by il/beloitbowling at 10:23 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (115) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 4 March 2012
Please somebody teach me how to delete in my account
Mood:  accident prone
Now Playing: They still charge my credit account.
Topic: News
This  Angelfire club is suck.  I do not wanna use it anymore.  I can not delete this problem. Do you know somebody how to delete? Where can I deilete this problem? I need to change free program. They still charge my money  from my account even though I told Angel service stuff that please delete my account. They said" Yes"  but they didn't. 

Posted by terasho at 11:57 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (125) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 3 March 2012
How to move banner ads?

Hi,

I'm in the midst of creating my website and currently have the free version of angelfire with the ads at the top of my site.  I would like those ads to appear at the bottom instead of the top.  How do I do this?  I clicked the link to submit a ticket to angelfire help, but after clicking the link, the message "this portal does not exist" appeared.  You can see my site (first and only page, so far) at http://www.mytudorhome.com/

Thank you.  Jane

Posted by crunchy-granola at 9:06 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (243) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 1 March 2012
Web Site Cancer
Yep. There it is again. March 1st. Web site cancer in the upper left side of every web page on my site. Thanks Google for yet another link to a virus or hate speech or computer malfunction. I called them and reported the problem and they merely said, "well I didn't know anything about that, but I'll direct you to someone who does" and hung up. Very unprofessional Google. Very childish. Grow up.

Posted by antropolisbooks at 11:30 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (861) | Permalink | Share This Post
Form creater does not send e-mails
Mood:  a-ok
I've added a form creater to my website.  I've made sure I have a correct e-mail address to get e-mails.  But when I tested it, although it submits OK, but it does not send me any e-mails.  I've tested it on another computer with the same result.  How can I sort out this problem please?

Posted by londonguide at 5:41 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (73) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 29 February 2012
Uploading HTML code from Notepad to my Website
Mood:  a-ok
Topic: HTML Questions
I am new to the creating code and a website.  I need to figure out how to put my HTML code from notepad into my website.  I can't use the editor function with Angelfire it has to be handwritten code thru Notepad.  I've searched the internet and I'm sure it's easier than I'm making it but can't seem to figure it out.

Posted by tonyaweb8 at 12:56 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (80) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 23 February 2012
Can't open a "Help Ticket"
Mood:  irritated
OK, am I the only person who can't get the "clickable link" for a Help Ticket to work.  It doesn't seem to matter which version of the help page I'm on, I cannot open a help ticket, and I need help, darn it!

Posted by jaegerhof at 10:41 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (74) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 22 February 2012
HELP! I cab't find a way to edit my existing content
Mood:  d'oh
Hi everyone.  I have had an agnelfire account since 1996 and have just kept it updated a few of times a year each year since then, up until last year, where I kind of let everything slide.  My website still looks just as I left it when I just type in the URL to get there, but when I try to log into angelfire, it tells me how much space my website is using out of my allotment (which looks accurate in the usage department), but I can't find the "in-door" to go in and edit any of my extant information.  It tells me my website isn't published and gives me a blank starter page for the new style webpage.  How do I go in and edit my "same old page" that I am used to and that everything is already organized on?  Right now, I don't have the time or inclination to totally redo everything I already had in place.

Posted by jaegerhof at 2:21 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (152) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 14 February 2012
how to enter subdomain
Mood:  down

Been wanting to enter a subdomain but everytime i do it well not accept it .

I enter http://subdomain.domain .com

don`t know how else to do it

Posted by drenna9p at 9:10 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (70) | Permalink | Share This Post
Webshell Color Coding
In order to quickly locate frequently edited information in the webshell,  I would like to know if it is possible to color code the text I type into the webshell.  I don't want the color to appear on the published page, just in the webshell so it can be found easily while scrolling down the page.

Posted by art/rehmancustomflags at 8:26 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (99) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 13 February 2012
Old website
Mood:  d'oh
Trying to find an old website I made many years ago on Angelfire. Any ideas??

Posted by oldude at 3:55 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (288) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 8 February 2012
Paid for Basic Account but still says my account can't use