Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Wednesday, 28 September 2011
What is phone number
what is the phone number to get in contact with angelfire?

Posted by ak2/intelligencerreport at 4:49 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
switching from "free" to "basic"

I've had a "free" page since '99 and am planning on switching to "Basic."

I've searched in help and blogs (and submitted a help ticket - no answer) but can't find the answer to my questions which are:

When I switch, will my address stay the same?  (https://www.angelfire.com/sc/clydesdale/)

If not, how will it change (if I don't buy a domain name)

and, if it does change, will visitors who use the old address be redirected to the new one?

TIA for any/all help!

Posted by sc/clydesdale at 2:29 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 26 September 2011
help with nre site
our club has a site that i get to through web shell. under site builder i built a new site that we want to replace the other one with. how do i replace the one in web shell with the one in site builder. when i click to publish it, it wants me to add a name to it (??). i am just not sure what i need to do. can someone please hlp me 

Posted by mi4/campingclub at 10:08 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
please help with new site
can some please help me......i posted this a bit ago and got no help, i just dont know what to do. is there not a number i can call..... my last past was:

right now when i go to publish this box comes up: PUBLISH TO A SUBDIRECTORY OF THE SITE

URL WILL BE HTTP:THE ADDRESS  it than wants me to enter a name.

we already have a web page and i am wanting to replace it with a new one i just made but i can not figure it out

Posted by mi4/campingclub at 9:32 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 17 September 2011
How do I make an Imageboard?
Mood:  cool
Now Playing: DREAMS DREAMS-NiGHTS into Dreams...
Topic: HTML Questions

Ok, I really want an answer to this. I want to make an imageboard based off danbooru. Here's what danbooru looks like:

http://danbooru.donmai.us/

I want to add an imageboard to my site like Danbooru. The problem is, I don't know to do it, and I don't know jack about html or scripting or anything like that. Could someone tell me how to put an imageboard on my site without html scripting?

By the way, here's my site:

http://dreamsdreamagain.angelfire.com/

The imageboard will be NiGHTS only.

Thanks in advance,

Madison-chan

Posted by dreamsdreamagain at 11:08 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 15 September 2011
web address problem
Mood:  caffeinated
This is my problem.... clients type in "www.pinkglitteronline.angelfire.com" to log in to my site... problem is, they can't since my site is "pinkglitteronline.angelfire.com" they can't go to my site when they have "www" at the start.... what can i do so that they'll go to my site when they type in either of the address

Posted by pinkglitteronline at 11:05 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (49) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 9 September 2011
Trooper Minton Mansell
Topic: Image Questions

Hello,

I'm new to this but I'm hoping someone out there can help me find more information about this angelfire site; https://www.angelfire.com/mp/memorials/Graphic/BG5.htm

I came across this site while doing some family research. I have been collecting and putting together old family photos and their stories for eight years now. While searching for more imformation on my great uncle Minton Mansell this site came up; https://www.angelfire.com/mp/memorials/Graphic/BG5.htm

The first photo on this site is a photo I've never seen of my great uncle Minton. I hoping to be able to communicate with whoever has this photo or put it on this site. I'm curious if they might be a distant relative also doing family research or someone with more information or photos of my great uncle.

To share I have over 600 photos and documents relating to the descendants of Thomas and Anne Mansell.  I don't know that I'll be able to figure out this site so if you can help please email me at barbwonderful@hotmail.com

Posted by esqueenytoru at 11:00 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (9) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 8 September 2011
Domain info and email password

I am trying to view my domain info and my email password but everytime I enter the info it says it is wrong, even the info I had sent to my email. Can I get a reset or something?

Thanks!!

Sallie (sc/anderklan --- mikeandsallie.com)

Posted by Sallie M. Anderson at 9:19 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 7 September 2011
Web site not right
When viewing my web site I can only view the first page. All the others show up as HTML only. This happens in Firefox and IE. anybody able to help. www.angelfire.com/ok3/cecilH

Posted by ok3/cecilH at 1:06 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 1 September 2011
Lost menu again
Mood:  don't ask
Switched on this morning and the menu navigations hadn't saved.  Can't remember how I got them back.  Fairly despairing!  Can anyone help?

Posted by sullivanfamilyhistory at 5:41 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Thursday, 1 September 2011 5:45 AM EDT
Wednesday, 31 August 2011
Menu/headings
Sorted it - thanks.

Posted by sullivanfamilyhistory at 12:41 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Menu/page headings
Topic: FrontPage
I have managed to remove my page navigations from the front page.  I have looked at page manager but can't find any way of getting them back.  Please help - first time website building!  Thanks.

Posted by sullivanfamilyhistory at 12:07 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (18) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 22 August 2011
New blog stuff ready yet?

Several months ago in response to a question I had you said that you were going to be going with a new blog format 'thingy'. Have you all worked the kinks out of that yet or are we still going with the same format?

Thanks!

Sallie

www.mikeandsallie.com/sallie 

Posted by Sallie M. Anderson at 7:05 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 15 August 2011
Debi
if our website is in web shell can i not build a new site in site builder and replace the one in web shell?

Posted by mi4/campingclub at 9:43 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Debi

can someone please help me. i just took over our camping web site and i have made a new one. i get to our old one thru web shell. how do i replace the old site with the new one?

Posted by mi4/campingclub at 9:25 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 11 August 2011
navigation bar won't display
Mood:  sad
I would appreciate ay help.  I have set up a new website and have been tweeking it.  I successfully added four pages that displayed properly.  However, now the navigation bar does not display.  Sometimes it shows up when I am editing and sometimes not.  It does not display at all when I check the website on line.  Any ideas what I did?

Posted by lifesongschnauzers at 1:34 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 9 August 2011
Automatic Image Compression
Mood:  don't ask

I noticed when I upload images to my media folder for the SiteBuilder that it recompresses them. Unfortuneatly it does a horrible job and compresses them very heavily. Is there anyway to upload images for use in my media folder and NOT have them re-compressed by Angelfire?

I tried ftp'ing the images direct into the  folder but they would not show up in my media folder...

Posted by battleminiaturesemporium at 11:58 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (8) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 3 August 2011
images
Mood:  cheeky
Hi, I am trying to add a logo to my website, how do i do this?

Posted by nrfnwa at 8:42 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (11) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 29 July 2011

Now Playing: Quickly switch between multiple /index.html pages

I would like my home page to be different based on my location. (blue theme for at home, Red theme while traveling for work etc. etc.)

I have made separate index.html pages and can upload to my webshell each time.

But that is very tedious and slow.

Is there an easy way to get angelfire to swap index.htm files?  Maybe  .php ,  email index.html  , create several directories with index files and redirect from homepage  ,  or ??

Thanks for your help 

Posted by from USA at 10:00 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 27 July 2011
new website
i just built a new website but i do not know how to replace the old website with the new site. when i go publish it ask for a name and i am not sure what to do

Posted by mi4/campingclub at 11:59 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older