Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Saturday, 3 June 2006
I am so confused
Topic: HTML Questions
Uh... I wanted to make a website for uploading crap/stuff Xanga won't let me/something I can view at school/ect.

I uploaded a video to the "web shell" thing....and I have no idea what the direct link is and I have NO IDEA how to put it on my page. D:

Somebody help me

Posted by crazy/caffineinducedcoma at 6:43 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Saturday, 3 June 2006 - 10:37 PM EDT

Name: md/jdfaq

what is the file name?

Monday, 5 June 2006 - 2:19 PM EDT

Name: mamagoo

a simple way to get the absolute link to your video file is to highlight the file in your web shell and choose to 'edit' it. "DON'T EDIT IT OF COURSE"! all you will see is garbled code there, but you will notice the url to the file on the top of that edit page, copy the url link from there,or just simply right click and choose copy shortcut, now leave that edit window don't edit anything just cancel to go back to web shell..

or another way, if you choose the 'view' option on the file in your web shell, it will open the movie in your browsers default player like windows media player then you could get the url that way, 'right/c the movie and choose properties' and it will give the the link to to the file there also.

you will need to make a choice as to how you want the video to be viewed from your site.
if it's on a web page with an embedded viewer or do you want visitors to download it so that it plays in their browsers default media player?

simple way would have it download and play in the IE browsers default player, and if it's a really large file size and it usually is, it will take a while for modem dial-up users to download and view it.

but to make this happen just write a 'link' to it on your web page to point to it and it will start to download when the My Video link is clicked, like this:
<a href="http://angelfire.com/crazy/caffineinducedcoma/yourVideoFileName.avi">My Video</a>
make sure you use the correct file extension for your movie- mpeg, mpg, avi, wmv, rmv etc... etc...

what ever your real file name and extension is, replace it there in the code I show.

if you want a video player on a web page you will have to write a code to embed the player so that it will view on that page.
<embed src="http://angelfire.com/crazy/caffineinducedcoma/yourVideoFile.avi" width=320 height=240 autoplay="false" loop="false"></embed>

use the exact url to you video file name there in that code.

hth

View Latest Entries