Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Thursday, 1 June 2006
please help!
Mood:  irritated
i wanted to create a "planet" on angelfire as practice to see if my Namo Web Editor 6 software would work before i went out and bought a domain name.

Obviously i am doing something wrong here.

when i first bought this software i payed over $100 for it and was thrilled with it until i found i couldnt make my little site go online. so i abandoned it for a year. i figured i must have been doing something wrong, so now i tried again.

i still cannot make my new site come up here! i used the included FTP and it appears to work... at first. but then i realize that on the web shell underneath the index.html (the generic one that angelfire gives you before you change it) is a directory called "planet" i click on it, and all my stuff from the program is there. i think "great" right? wrong. this stuff won't show up, its only the blank index. i can edit the htmlfor these pages and preview them, but somehow they aren't on the site. when i type the address to my page in the address bar, it's just the blank index. how do i make this website show up on angelfire?! please help, this is infuriating...

Posted by planet/peacocklocks at 2:08 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post

Thursday, 1 June 2006 - 1:03 PM EDT

Name: cw

You're doing something wrong- probably just uploading things to the wrong directory or directories and forgetting to name your home page index.html. It also looks like you deleted the original index.html from your root directory instead of replacing it with your own. Every site needs a default homepage called index.html- all lower case. So first make sure your new site has a home page named that way.

If you want more help, a working URL to one of your pages - even if it's blank- would help. We'll need to see your source code to see why things aren't displaying and where things should be uploaded.

Thursday, 1 June 2006 - 1:31 PM EDT

Name: cw

OK- I may be confused re the planet in your user name. Do you mean the "planet" like myspace.com thing???. I don't think that's intended to be used with your own web site building software. They already provide the builder for that here so that's probably your first mistake. If what you want is a standard website then stay away from the "planet" feature and use your builder to upload your site to the main directory of your webshell. Again make sure your homepage is named index.html- all lower case. Still having trouble then leave your URL.

Thursday, 1 June 2006 - 10:32 PM EDT

Name: dalleh

try this

look for site manager
File, look for remote site properties
look for publish or quick publish

for the server type

ftp.angelfire.com

leave the directory empty or just a slach /

your ID and password to angelfire.

View Latest Entries