Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Saturday, 28 May 2005
Webring
Now Playing: billy idol
I have joined a webring. yeah! anyway, on the pages that I wrote in html myself that are linked to from my blog, I have no problem including the webring thingie code.
is there a way for me to put this doohickey on my blog page? I have tried to look at the advanced editor, but don't know where I would put the code for the webring thingie.
thanks

Posted by poetry/mchootch at 3:18 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post

Saturday, 28 May 2005 - 2:03 PM EDT

Name: md/jdfaq

do you want your webring thingi at the top of the blog page.
go to the customize the blog

Customize Main page layout

<div id="center">

put your webring code here

<div class="divide">
<span class="blogTitle"><BLOG_VAR LOG_TITLE></span>
</div>
<BLOG_CMP ENTRIES>

Saturday, 28 May 2005 - 2:33 PM EDT

Name: cw

Add it on the main page layout template index.btpl.

It would probably work in the side panel but any image it uses might need to be tailored to fit the panel dimensions set for the template you're using or you'll throw off your page layout.

You could also try it at the very bottom of the page where there's more room. Add it right before the closing body tag </body>. With that the ring would display at the bottom of the page under the entry section.

Could also be added near the top of the main section. If you know exactly where you want to place it on your page then we should be able to figure it out.

But.... the templates are easy to use and not much can go wrong if you're reasonably careful but would still recommend trying this on a test blog first until you get the hang of it.

Saturday, 28 May 2005 - 2:34 PM EDT

Name: cw

sorry dalleh- didn't see you already answered.

View Latest Entries