Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Thursday, 26 May 2005
Help with links, please!
Mood:  celebratory
Now Playing: I'm so new to this
Topic: FrontPage
I am very excited to create my own website. So far so good, except I can't put links on page 2,3,4 &5 to navigate to the other pages from them. You have to keep using the browser "back" button. I am using the basic set-up, and my page layouts vary. For example...a "list" page doesn't give me anywhere to put links to any of my other pages.
I need some help in simple english!
Thanks
Amy

Posted by theforce2/nightmaregirl at 5:24 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post

Thursday, 26 May 2005 - 8:25 PM EDT

Name: dalleh

your hame page link is

index.html

Thursday, 26 May 2005 - 8:51 PM EDT

Name: cw

You can place your links wherever you wish on your page. Just add the code wherever you want the links to appear. You can copy and paste the a href= tags from your home page into another page and revise them as needed.

<a href="index.html">Home</a><br>
<a href="page2.html">My wishes</a><br>

etc.

If you want your links at the top of a page place them right below the <body> tag before anything else. If you want them at the bottom place them right before the closing body tag </body> tag.

If you want the links to appear in a straight line remove the <br> tag between your copied home page links and add a space or a character like this....
<a href="index.html">Home</a> |
<a href="page2.html">My wishes</a> |
<a href="page3.html">Whatever</a> |

End with a <br> tag or two to add line breaks after the line of links.

A good place for simple html tutorials is at lissaexplains.com. It's intended for kids but who cares. It's written in plain English :). Another good site is htmlgoodies.com. The basic tutorials can be printed out and read as you work on your site.

Happy building. I really liked your wish list!

Monday, 30 May 2005 - 9:05 PM EDT

Name: theforce2/nightmaregirl
Home Page: https://www.angelfire.com/theforce2/nightmaregirl

Thanks so much. I got it all fixed up. Much appreciated.

View Latest Entries